What's new

Imran Khan becomes first person to openly take on LeJ, the Shia Killers

Awesome

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Lashkar-e-Jhangvi showing enmity towards Islam, says Imran Khan - thenews.com.pk

ISLAMABAD: The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf Chairman, Imran Khan, on Monday told a banned terrorist outfit, the Lashkar-e-Jhangvi (LeJ), that it was showing the worst kind of enmity towards Islam, which is the religion of peace and teaches peace.

Imran is perhaps the first politician who has made such a statement for the banned group that has been claiming responsibility for the killing of Shias but no religious or political figure had ever reacted to it this way.

Imran announced countrywide protests against the unabated killings of Hazara community in Quetta and asked President Asif Ali Zardari to tell the nation how many times he had visited Quetta to express solidarity with the victim families of Hazaras. He was talking to the media after chairing a meeting of the PTI’s political strategy committee.

“I myself and on the behalf of the people of Pakistan tell you that if you are resorting to these acts of terrorism, then it is the worst kind of enmity towards Islam,” he retorted.

Flanked by PTI leaders Makhdoom Shah Mehmood Qureshi, Javed Hashmi and Dr Arif Alvi, he said that the Lashkar-e-Jhangvi had accepted the responsibility for the Quetta blast in the name of Islam and regretted it was damaging the image of Islam as well as of the country.

“Sectarian killings in the name of Islam are shameful. Even after the promulgation of governor’s rule in Balochistan, the government has failed to provide security to the public,” he lamented.

Imran charged that the governor Balochistan and his appointing authority were responsible for the bomb blast in Quetta, and demanded of the Chief Justice of Pakistan to take a suo-moto notice of the situation in Quetta and said that the government should announce financial support for the aggrieved families.

About the demand of the Hazara community for the deployment of army in Quetta, Imran said that since the governor Balochistan had failed to deliver in Quetta and there was a constitutional provision for deployment of the armed forces under Article 245 of the Constitution, the army could be deployed in Quetta according to the demand by the victim families of the Hazara community.

Imran said that the former consultant of Shaukat Khanum Hospital, Haider Ali, and his 11-year-old son, were also killed by the terrorists just because they belonged to a Shia family.

The PTI chief regretted that the menace of terrorism had dragged Pakistan towards total devastation. He said that after the promulgation of the governor’s rule, the federal government was responsible for ensuring peace in Quetta.

“President Zardari is enjoying life in palace of Rs5 billion, whereas innocent citizens are being butchered on the roads,” Imran said.

He challenged PML-N President Mian Nawaz Sharif to tell the nation why he was silent over such a precious gift of 200-kanal house to the president. He questioned Nawaz’s silence on the Bilawal House in Lahore.

He maintained that under the law, the president was bound to submit all gifts he received to the Presidency. Imran noted it was for the first time in the history of Pakistan that all the incapable federal and provincial governments had failed to control the situation as no real opposition existed.

Online adds: The PTI chairman said that the drone strikes in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (Fata) were being conducted with the government’s complicity and there would be no drone strikes and military operations in Fata after the PTI came into power.

Imran Khan made these remarks during his visit to the Mehsud tribesmen’s protest camp set up in front of the National Press Club against the ongoing military operation and the unabated drone strikes in South Waziristan Agency. On the occasion, Imran also expressed solidarity with the protesters and assured them that his party would pull out its forces from the war against terrorism.
This is a massive statement ladies and gents, brave and the need of the hour.

I hope it translates into setting the direction for the near future politics of Pakistan.

Let me get this right - so far no one has even verbally condemned or taken on the killers of your own countrymen? Let alone take physical action?

Imran Khan is a leader not a common person he has huge support base....

...and he roams without even a ballistic jacket.

@Awesome Imran has spoken the truth, he has shaken our zameer or whatever is left of it. LEJ must be taken head on along with their venomous ideology. The massacare of the defenceless and innocent people transcends language.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go IK! Allah willing, I would also like take down couple of them, along with the rabid salafists funding and brain-washed-foot-soldiers.

Go IK! Allah willing, I would also like take down couple of them, along with the rabid salafists funding and brain-washed-foot-soldiers.

We talk at the end we do nothing. I wanted to join protests and couldn't join. I am sick too but I wanted to join. It is a very horrible situation where no one knows just what the hell he should do. Hang around here in Karachi and on every wall is SSP. No one seeks to find out who is involved and strike them down.

Give me a team and I can trace these guys. Really sad. LEJ is running free and our people are dying daily.

@Hyperion one of those LEJ snakes, had a fight with me during, lal mosque operation, we were watching news at a mutual friend's place, and he was out of control when i called them hiding inside terrorists . He said to me 'kia tum mujhse jang karna chahty ho????', luckily i was in habbit of carrying my old man's 92fs to school as a personal defense weapon...i allowed him a glimpse which calmed him down.

Yara, wrong move. I issue a fatwa, as I know that I am right: You should have waited somewhere and strangled the fcuk. It's completely jaiz to kill haters of humanity. As there is no true judicial system in Pakistan, you have every right to take law into your hand for the betterment of the country. Soon such a time will come, where you'll have to make a choice, to take up arms for the future of our kids, or to wait and let the system work it out. The system, take it from me, has completely crashed. We are almost there at zero hour.

@Hyperion one of those LEJ snakes, had a fight with me during, lal mosque operation, we were watching news at a mutual friend's place, and he was out of control when i called them hiding inside terrorists . He said to me 'kia tum mujhse jang karna chahty ho????', luckily i was in habbit of carrying my old man's 92fs to school as a personal defense weapon...i allowed him a glimpse which calmed him down.

I am sorry to intrup!
Bt really can't understand IK,s double standerds on terrorism?
One hand he wants talks & peace with talibans, & affraid to give any statments against their terrorism,on the other hand he is shouting against LeJ ,which is been powered by deobandi idealogy bassed taibans?
Why this pick & chose ?
Ohh politics?
Want to take out a branch bt not want to cut the tree?
Sorry,bt its funny & horrible alltogather!
Again sorry to intrup!

Inb4 some people (read idiots) start calling this a pre-election publicity stunt.

Inb4 some people (read idiots) start calling this a pre-election publicity stunt.

Yes u r quite right?
Idiots thought, that its real issue,they still think its not cheap publicity stunt of IK?
Well it is?
Cause that's why IK never push for any militry opreation against terrorist in FATA?
How can it be possible, that let the mother of problems talibans live along & kill the child LeJ ?
Sorry its just idiotic thinking at its best?
Don't u think?lol lol lol

Back
Top Bottom