What's new

Imran Khan awarded honorary fellowship by Royal College of Physicians

Patriot

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) founder Imran Khan has been awarded an honorary fellowship by the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh (RCPE) in recognition for his contribution to cancer services.

The fellowship has been awarded for his contribution through the Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital and Research Centre.

The RCPE is a professional membership organisation with a membership of over 10,000 “fellows” in 91 countries.

Imran Khan founded Shaukat Khanum on December 29, 1994.

The inspiration for the hospital and research centre came after the death of his mother, Mrs Shaukat Khanum, due to cancer.

The trust uses donations to help patients with cancer through the application of modern methods of curative and palliative therapy free of cost.

Imran Khan awarded honorary fellowship by Royal College of Physicians – The Express Tribune

The Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh (RCPE) was established in the 17th century. While the RCPE is based in Edinburgh, it is not solely a Scottish professional body - more than half of its 7,700 Fellows, Members, Associates and Affiliates live and practice medicine outside Scotland, in 86 countries and covering 55 specialties.The twenty-one founding Fellows of the College, (one of whom was Dr William Lauder (1652-1724), brother of John Lauder, Lord Fountainhall), were concerned not only with the advancement of medicine as a reputable science, but also with alleviating the miseries of Edinburgh's poor and needy.
Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ay4-jqHCAAAiQ-Z.jpg

A proud moment for the nation.

One of the very few citizens of Pakistan, that Pakistan is proud of. :pakistan:

in 1889 Sir Syed Ahmad Khan was awarded with a honorary degree (I think in Law) from the same University.

I like this personality from Pakistan due to his straight view point on variety of subject.

in 1889 Sir Syed Ahmad Khan was awarded with a honorary degree (I think in Law) from the same University.

law from Royal college of Physicians???

Nah.

I like this personality from Pakistan due to his straight view point on variety of subject.

and everybody in Pakistan likes him because of the same. He is what he is and he is not what he refuses publicly. We are tired of having multi face leaders.

nawaz-zardari-640x480.jpeg

and everybody in Pakistan likes him because of the same. He is what he is and he is not what he refuses publicly. We are tired of having multi face leaders.

nawaz-zardari-640x480.jpeg

I think NS also needs to do PhD in politics by keeping AZ as Supervisor.

Great moment- feel like won a gold medal myself :D

Good work by Imran Khan in many fields , Specially cancer hospital and modern university in the village

Just imagine how much respect Pakistan would get if he becomes the Prime Minister of Pakistan..World would know that they are not dealing with a corrupt person.I hope to see him as Prime Minister of Pakistan within in my lifetime.

O inshAllah he will be our Prime minister in 2013 elections, a successful prime minister

once PM phir tou bhai ka akar ker chalna dekheen :D I will scream all day to foreigners... see this is our leader, dont speak loudly in front me :D

or phir koe hamen Olympics introduction commentary mein zaleeeel bhi nahi kare ga... :angry:

Congrats to Khan Saab,

Wish him best of luck for the oncoming elections

Back
Top Bottom