What's new

Imran Khan at Davos - Religion, Politics and Terrorism in Pakistan

The sad thing is common people will never elect him so i hope he gets the government by some other means.

Sir many people especially Youth of Pakistan like him a lot
So if the elections held in a fair environment he will be elected by people

Aye Khuda, maeray mulk ko is lanat say nijat dila. In logon say aur in ki naslon say!
Ameen.

Ameen

I think you misunderstood something.

Common people support him but the election process does not allow him to come to power.

Feudalism per se...

Agree:agree::agree:

Can i ask something, what are the reasons that he hasnt attracted people's vote so far? I think he hasnt even had a single MP in parliament.

The people that admire him form the literate 2percent of the upper strata of society,the rest of them well adhere to rural feudal jagirdara political scene.But things are changing.more of the middle class is coming up in his support.But he definitely has hope and potential.im sure he can do better than zardari/altaf types.i mean no one likes them YET they are in power?who votes for them?this makes me think that we dont represent the masses. Basically the masses vote for them(obviously like them) and they are in power.This political scene in pakistan is too complicated .I do hope imran khan is able to get the masses on his side.

who votes for them?this makes me think that we dont represent the masses. Basically the masses vote for them(obviously like them) and they are in power.This political scene in pakistan is too complicated .I do hope imran khan is able to get the masses on his side.

Elections are not fair here in Pakistan
Gun speaks for them.....................Most of my area people don't go to give their votes bcz they think that this is just a wastage of their time and authority.And their vote authority is easily used by other

In Pakistan elections are very different

Why do we like IK?

Some reasons I can think of:

Cause he talks sense.
He is credible.
At least better than rest.

But that is how we think cause we have access to media.We can read about failures and corruption of parties present in govt.

But a person in a village with no education,no access to media or even if they have access to media they hardly have understanding of politics.They do not understand things like foreign affairs,economy and all the stuff.They may not be even aware of corruption of our politicians.

So what are things they vote for:

They will vote for MNA/MPA who gave them BB Income Support....(See where those 1000/month is going...in election campaign)

MNA/MPA got the road paved...Vote for him.

MNA/MPA helped my son in getting job in some govt dept...vote for him in next election....(overstaffed PIA,Railway)

Then add to all the above factors things like baradari and stuff

So basically people from educated class may like or even understand what IK has to say but someone in a village won't even have a clue.

In Pakistan elections are very different

Why do we like IK?

Some reasons I can think of:

Cause he talks sense.
He is credible.
At least better than rest.

But that is how we think cause we have access to media.We can read about failures and corruption of parties present in govt.

But a person in a village with no education,no access to media or even if they have access to media they hardly have understanding of politics.They do not understand things like foreign affairs,economy and all the stuff.They may not be even aware of corruption of our politicians.

So what are things they vote for:

They will vote for MNA/MPA who gave them BB Income Support....(See where those 1000/month is going...in election campaign)

MNA/MPA got the road paved...Vote for him.

MNA/MPA helped my son in getting job in some govt dept...vote for him in next election....(overstaffed PIA,Railway)

Then add to all the above factors things like baradari and stuff

So basically people from educated class may like or even understand what IK has to say but someone in a village won't even have a clue.

So, how come Musharaf 'distributed' seats in 2002 elections?
Rig by ISI.

It is a known fact.

So, how come Musharaf 'distributed' seats in 2002 elections?
Rig by ISI.

It is a known fact.
You do not need ISI when you have your man as head of ECP.
Well let me narrate a incident. My mother went to vote in referendum. Now as she was going to the cabin where you stamp the ballot.One member of polling staff took ballot from her,stamped Yes and dropped it in the ballot box.My mother tried to to raise this issue with the concerned staff there but no one bothered so my mother thought it will be better not to further pursue this issue. And if this can happen to an educated lady it can happen with anyone(my mother is a Doctor and was Prof & HOD in a Medical College). A person who used to work at our house was allowed to vote twice in referendum cause he voted in favor of Musharraf.

But I don't want IK to come into power through any of these methods. It will compromise his goal. Let him come in power through power of people. IK has done great job in flood effected areas so hopefully people of those ares will vote for him. IK has good chances in Urban areas. So lets hope for the best.

at least he is patriot PAKISTANI. one who has done some thing for PAKISTAN...
won world cup , built cancer hospital , built a college , now supporting flood affecties at his own.
he thinks about common PAKISTANISE and sees things through clear spectacles.

and what i see is that 90 percent americans are confused about even defination of terrorism and terrorist.
for them any thing related to muslims is terrorism.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom