What's new

Imran Khan at Davos - Religion, Politics and Terrorism in Pakistan

For those who don't know what World Economic Forum (WEF) is:

The World Economic Forum (WEF) is a Swiss non-profit foundation, based in Cologny, Geneva, best known for its annual meeting in Davos, a mountain resort in Graubünden, in the the eastern Alps region of Switzerland.

The meeting brings together top business leaders, international political leaders, selected intellectuals and journalists to discuss the most pressing issues facing the world, including health and the environment.

Beside meetings, the foundation produces a series of research reports and engages its members in sector specific initiatives.

Why aren't we standing up for this guy?

Kick Ghaddari out of Pakistan and bring this guy in.

We certainly will.

Just waiting for the military establishment to show us the boat they are floating in.

Either by a 'pre revolution' mode or by military, he will come to power.
Military has to choose which tide to sail on.....

pro america and anti islam or anti america and pro islam

very well said by imran khan bcz that are two different situation of pakistani's people

pro america and anti islam or anti america and pro islam

very well said by imran khan bcz that are two different situation of pakistani's people

Agreed....

One has to find middle grounds but for that, we need men and not middle sex women like Zardari, Musharaf etc

The sad thing is common people will never elect him so i hope he gets the government by some other means.

The sad thing is common people will never elect him so i hope he gets the government by some other means.

I think you misunderstood something.

Common people support him but the election process does not allow him to come to power.

Feudalism per se...

Famous as a cricket player Imran Khan has pandered to the Taliban and al Qaida, then claims he opposes terrorists and terrorism.

Thus he talks out of both sides of his mouth and has no political following, his so called self created political party has elected ZERO members to the Parliament, whereas once, one time, he, alone, was elected to Parliament.

Whoever leads Pakistan has a tough job as being "pro Islam" in today's world, rightly or wrongly, is interpreted as pro-terrorists who have all but ruined the good name of moderate Islam.

Remember, I am an American who practices Christianity and have in my lifetime been respectful and tolerant of other religions even when I do not agree with their vs. my beliefs when compared to each other.

Christianity is a complete and total way of life, as is Islam. Difference is in the US we do have a secular government system which thus allows freedom and toleration of all religions. This is not true of many other faiths, whose more radical adherants are extremists, in the case of Islam have become terrorists to kill off those whom they disagree with...creating the awful sight of Sunni Muslims murdering Shiias and vice versa, depending on which sect in which geopolitical setting has the working majority of the Islamic population.

The goofiest or most unusual among all varieties and denominations of Christianity today merely use words to disagree or agree, but not violence...referring here to the USA and Western Europe in particular.

"Thus he talks out of both sides of his mouth and has no political following, his so called self created political party has elected ZERO members to the Parliament, whereas once, one time, he, alone, was elected to Parliament."

Have not you heard about feudalism, nepotism and military-ism in Pakistan?

People did not gather around Prophet Jesus or Prophet Muhammad the very next day or did they?
People did not gather around Jinnah, Gandhi, Abraham Lincoln, Mao Zedong etc

It takes time.

He is fighting with the class who has many resources such as police, judicial guys, money etc
It takes time..

"Taliban and al Qaida, then claims he opposes terrorists and terrorism."

Mr. Obama, Europe and your generals are also pro taliban and terrorism than. They also want dialogue with the people who want to surrender.

EDIT:

"Army chief says talks with Taliban should start soon"

Gen Richards is a former commander of Nato forces in Afghanistan
The head of the British army believes politicians and military chiefs should talk to members of the Taliban sooner rather than later.

Gen Sir David Richards said that in every counter-insurgency campaign, there was "always a point which you start to negotiate with each other".

Nineteen British personnel have died this month, with 10 deaths in the past nine days.

David Cameron has said he wants UK troops out within five years."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10427983

Last edited:
AMERICAN EAGLE:

It is not about isolating myself from debate as I have encountered someone, a MP..

However, when you label someone a terrorist without telling us the basis of it, is a disrespect to the individual and the position you have on this forum.

To clear things up, Imran Khan supports military action against thugs in tribal region but wants to talk to the people who are fighting with some ideology.

The despicable Musharraf and his military cronies asked Imran Khan to form a government in 2002.
Or at least be a part of the national government.
But he refused!

Did you get an idea of the military intervention in our political system?
Army asking politicians that they can win, if they support them.

So, we have to wait how things turn up.

Last edited:
I wish that you were a Pakistani: living in some rural area with little to no education from some government school. Moreover, no electricity for eighteen hours but you had to pay more for the electricity this year, no natural gas in winters. Crops destroyed because of the floods but little to no help in return.
You had to feed your family with ten thousand rupees, life savings. The basic necessities like eggs, peas and chicken costs you more than your day's pay cheque. Your media crying about military rule vs democracy (both equally corrupt).

You were not sure about the future of your kids. You had no money for health care. Your house did not have basic necessities like I had i.e. computer, books, food, car, income etc
You were not a child of some politician, Feudalist, businessman or general.
Your dad contributed to make a new country, Pakistan, but his children got nothing, not even respect. On the other hand, some politician could make your life like a hell/miserable, if you stood up against your MPA or MNA.

It is very easy for us to write things over here.

The above mentioned realities in our society contributes to; increase in crime, and social and economic terrorism because there is no justice.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom