What's new

Imperial forces trapping Pakistan!

not.... AT LEAST FROM...... U SALIM SIR, ... this is propaganda, which was been implimented by jews and chistians.... against muslims , after losing spain...???

i dont wana disscuss it but... thats ! a fear which was grown into the minds of arabs no thing new??

Salim, I do not tend to take Asia times seriously. For some reason they have not had anything good to report about Pakistan since its inception.

But anyway if you read through the article it too (bitterly for some reason) admits that Iran - Pak ties have been on the upside since 9/11 and Pak letting go of Taliban. Pak has also opposed any Anti-Iran moves and supported Iran where it could.

You think your analysis of the situation may just be 7 yrs old?

I think Iranians have a short list of friends and Pakistan is somewhere up on that list.

I doubt these "public representatives" can ditch Iran for America in todays Pakistan.

The only dodgy period for Iran-Pakistan in recent times was when the news of the Iranian AF base for Indian planes was up n about.

Now that thats' out of the picture, things have started to thaw up.

Batman now,

I have seen Shia Sunni conflicts in India and I nearly took a bullet once and I was going to my wife' place who lived in a Moslem localitry.

I find them worse than Hindu Moslem conflicts!

They definitely are.

However its absent in the educated class. I've not come across a violent proponent of the Shia-Sunni conflict amongst educated circles.

Pakistani television is filled with Shias and Sunnis calmly discussing their own point of views on Islamic issues.

With that logic, stateheads seem to be calmer heads.

With Arabs, its not Shia-Sunni that is the problem. It's Arab-Irani which is the problem. It's a conflict more of races now than anything else. Of course sectarianism is still used, but its more to do with them being non-Arabs.

I grew up in a Sunni/Shia environment and have had friends from the other side all my life. Us friends used to discuss the Sunni/Shia divide in a joking manner. The vast majority of Pakistanis have absolutely no qualms about this Sunni Shia difference. However certain hard core, extremists groups on both sides take things to a different level.

Even articles in the western press always state "the vast majority of Sunnis and Shias live in peace" which is the real truth.

"The huge majority of ordinary members of the two Muslim sects live together peacefully."

Khaleej Times Online - Suspected sectarian attack kills four in Pakistan

I beg to differ! As bad as the Sunni-Shia violence can get, no women or children are molested. No houses and localities are burned down. There is no in-built hate between the Sunni majority for the Shias and there is no deficit of trust between the two sides. Having watched this phenomena for a couple of decades, I can say with confidence that its a product of the 80s when certain sunni extremist organizations got access to arms and were indoctrinated in this anti-shia drive. The violence, bombings, shootings inside of mosques or in drive-by's are perpetrated by certain groups and not the mainstream Shias or Sunnis.

Batman now,

I have seen Shia Sunni conflicts in India and I nearly took a bullet once and I was going to my wife' place who lived in a Moslem localitry.

no, i think you're taking it a bit too seriously. of course, i'm not denying your experience, but i will say that tensions between sunnis and shias are not what outsiders make them to be.

first of all, I proudly say pakistan is perhaps the only state where shi'a and sunni have been able to peacefully co-exist with one another. the amount of leaders that have run this country, have equally been both sunni and shi'a.

there is no intense tension between the groups, as outsiders might WANT to make it out to be. there were only a few incidents in a few places of pakistan, a little while ago, and can blamed on a foreign hand. otherwise, the situation is much better now.

even after maulana Shamzai (a firm govt. supporter, by the way) was shot a while ago, his students immediately announced not to act. this is the same for a sunni madrassa, dar-ul-uloom, and a shi'a majlis as well. some scholars from both sides have brought to light about the possibility of foreign designs on the country.

both groups of islamic scholars have even come together and managed to produce hudood laws to be enforced in courts. suprisingly, i didn't see much tension or frustration there either.

All of the above mentioned by Asim, Blain and Assad may be true, and my own experiences validate their views (I am the product of a Sunni-Shia marriage), but I do think that there is a very real risk of the situation blowing out of control if extremist groups are able to carry out unfettered carnage like in Iraq.

I think the time is nearing when the GoP will have to act in FATA and elsewhere militarily, otherwise a sectarian firestorm may not be preventable.

All of the above mentioned by Asim, Blain and Assad may be true, and my own experiences validate their views (I am the product of a Sunni-Shia marriage), but I do think that there is a very real risk of the situation blowing out of control if extremist groups are able to carry out unfettered carnage like in Iraq.

I think the time is nearing when the GoP will have to act in FATA and elsewhere militarily, otherwise a sectarian firestorm may not be preventable.

The people who cause hate and disruption among Muslims are those who use the name of Religion for politics, a very dangerous mix that cause wide spread hate and dis-unity among Muslims, Jinnah and ZA Bhutto were both Shia, but look at the way they were neutral of their religion, it is a saying that politician have no religion, and that is how it should be, Malcolm X or I cant remember his Muslim name (Malik) said in one of his conferences that religion and politics should be far apart, the real people behind this large hate group is the JUIF and other religious parties which use the name religion for the mean to gain power, this is the religious fanatics that said make us Prime Minister "Maulana Fazlul Rahman" was calling US President Bush to support him, among these are the same people who also called Jinnah Sahib Kafir-Azam and when Pakistan was created they now call it "Pakistan means (calama sharif)" Zia used the religious parties to murder ZA Bhutto initiate US war in Afghanistan and create these terrorist groups in Pakistan along the Afghan border.

The Lal Masjid incident this was Ijazul Haq's work, he allowed them to be armed to the teeth and he said that "they are my dads friends" these are the fanatics we should never allow to have voice, Mullah FM was given licence by the GoP through Ijazul Haq who said the same line "they are my dads friends" these fanatics have political powers over the country, do you see why the PPP wants the Political parties in NWFP and Baluchistan to become stronger.

^:argh:^ What is the reference to your numerous revelations, above??

Updated at: 1350 PST, Monday, June 23, 2008

KUWAIT CITY: Organization of Islamic Countries (OIC)’s spokesman Faisal Muhammad said Monday that imperial forces were netting lock ups to trap Pakistan and Iran was likely to be hazardous for Pakistan.

He termed Pakistan an important member country of OIC and Islamic world therefore all Muslim countries keep very close eye over the changes occurred in Pakistan.

Faisal Muhammad said that due to the imperial elements’ involvement, the judges’ restoration movement in Pakistan had turned into Musharruf alleviation movement. Gen. Musharruf paved Pakistan way in troubled times.

Iran had been listed amid the most threatening countries of the world that could prove perilous for Pakistan too, he asserted.

Spokesman said that the current situation be resolved with peace and for which he was in touch with the regional leaders.

How can we miss to discuss about compliments part :azn: :tup:
Janay na janay gul hi na janay bagh to sara janay hai ;)

I think people forget that when i comes to shia. pakistan has the second largest population that means that there are more shia in pakistan then there are in Iraq. plus on the ground the realities are different people forget that benazir's mother was shia and iranian and she became pakistans prime minister.
A lot of my freinds are shia and the only time we even talk about are difference is in the month of the ashura after that no one actually cares. i know i dont and neither to my friends

I beg to differ! As bad as the Sunni-Shia violence can get, no women or children are molested. No houses and localities are burned down. There is no in-built hate between the Sunni majority for the Shias and there is no deficit of trust between the two sides. Having watched this phenomena for a couple of decades, I can say with confidence that its a product of the 80s when certain sunni extremist organizations got access to arms and were indoctrinated in this anti-shia drive. The violence, bombings, shootings inside of mosques or in drive-by's are perpetrated by certain groups and not the mainstream Shias or Sunnis.

I am not talking about the love the Shia and Sunnis have in Pakistan.

I am sure there is no sectarian problems in Pakistan and whatever is reported is bogus.

I am talking about the immense hate they have in India.

Are they from Mars?

Back
Top Bottom