What's new

Impeachment

Musharraf should not bow out. I like to see him fight till the end!

There's a good chance the impeachment attempt would fail and that would be the end of the coalition.

I do not think parliament can determine whether his appointment was illegal, except for the purposes of initiating impeachment proceedings.

Wouldn't determining the legality of his presence in office be a job for the courts (which are going to probably support his position, as they are currently staffed)?

Parliament will most likely initiate impeachment proceedings, and then its just a matter of votes.

Agreed 100%. It is not Parlianment 's jursdiction to consider the legality ofhis appointment. I was merely pointing out whether his appointment is lawful or not. In this regards if you remember his first election, it was still ilegal, but ratified and therefore legalized by the parlianment, Now he has earlier taken a vote of confidence for his second term by the same parlianment.I am merely thinking what legal avenue would be utilized to ask him to retake a vote of confidence.
Araz

I think it may be the likely outcome. Legally, his election was incorrect as by law an office bearer of the government should not have held a govt post for 2 yrs. As he was serving COAS, his election was illegal. If he seeks VOC from parlianment, his position is legalized and ratified.

Legally his election was correct!

1- Constitution of Pakistan - Article 63 clause (1) paragraph (d), read with proviso to Article 41 clause (7) paragraph (b), allows the President to hold dual office.

2- PML-Q government passed this constitutional amendment in National Assembly, with 2/3 majority, also approved by Senate that allowed President Musharraf to hold dual offices.

3- The article that forbids an office bearer to hold office before two years, WAS LAPSED for Musharraf's elections by 2/3 majority. Later intacted again.

4- Supreme Court of Pakistan (head by ex-CJP Iftikhar) allowed President to stand for elections in November 2007.

5- President Musharraf was elected President of Pakistan, by a combined electoral of the Senate, National Assembly and the FOUR Provincial Assembles.

6- President Musharraf won by 58% votes in November 2007, as the constitutional President of Pakistan!

There was nothing illegal in his elections.

i would support this for the sake of the country!

I agree. As much as I like the guy, I think beyond repealing NRO, he should probably resign. Just go home (with guarantees that he would not be dragged into the courts) saying he has done enough and let others do what they want to. Pakistan is beyond one person's control....let these power hungry retards (NS, Zardari) deal with the situation.

I personally would always consider him to be a very good President.

I'd say Musharraf utilises his SSG experience and performs a tactical retreat (ie. Resign) and bide his time carefully.

Just as the masses cheered and begged for Lahori and Mr and Mrs 10% I can see them doing the same for Musharraf once these civilian dictators show their true colours.

And in my humble and patriotic opinion, Musharraf not only should be impeached but he should also be made to face a real trial so that we could make a history of putting our leaders on trial as well. And all the corrupts including the Zardari and co should be put into jail for a fair trial before an independent judiciary head by Iftikhar M. Choudhary.

Musharraf shouldn't stand trial the same as Zardari or Sharif as last I checked he didn't loot Pakistans coffers he filled them.

Legally his election was correct!

1- Constitution of Pakistan - Article 63 clause (1) paragraph (d), read with proviso to Article 41 clause (7) paragraph (b), allows the President to hold dual office.

2- PML-Q government passed this constitutional amendment in National Assembly, with 2/3 majority, also approved by Senate that allowed President Musharraf to hold dual offices.

3- The article that forbids an office bearer to hold office before two years, WAS LAPSED for Musharraf's elections by 2/3 majority. Later intacted again.

4- Supreme Court of Pakistan (head by ex-CJP Iftikhar) allowed President to stand for elections in November 2007.

5- President Musharraf was elected President of Pakistan, by a combined electoral of the Senate, National Assembly and the FOUR Provincial Assembles.

6- President Musharraf won by 58% votes in November 2007, as the constitutional President of Pakistan!

There was nothing illegal in his elections.

Bhai,
My knowledge of Pakistani law is zilch and I have to discuss this matter with a retd high court judge, who happens to be a family member and a dear and respected friend. The situation was that the SC allowed him to stand in the election but asked for the results to be held in limbo till it had reached a verdict.The bench did not have CJ chaudhry as he felt his presence would be detrimental to the case. Aruling was made that the election is illegal. However, before the SC bench could issue its verdict , the judges were sent home(Nov. 2007). Knowing the calibre of people on the bench, they would have ruled with common sense and would have taken into consideration all these laws.
WaSalam
Araz

Pakistan army to ask Pervez Musharraf to resign

Pakistan's all-powerful army chief will ask President Pervez Musharraf to resign from office within a week, a senior government official claimed today.

By Isambard Wilkinson in Islamabad
Last Updated: 8:38PM BST 08 Aug 2008

The claim was supported by a former military aide to the president who said that the army's leadership wished Mr Musharraf to be spared the humiliation of impeachment.

Telegraph.co.uk: news, business, sport, the Daily Telegraph newspaper, Sunday Telegraph - Telegraph

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it looks like that Mr. 10% have just got a nod from US. Its all part of big conspiracy as we must not forget Mr 10% numerous visits to US and meetings with officials in washington and Newyork. Apparently it seems that he was very much briefed there about the future strategy of the americans and also how to secure their interests in Pakistan otherwise he was not even picture of Pakistani politics at that time. Appointing Gilani as the PM (puppet PM) another American agent Mr Haqqani as the ambassador in US and trying to bring ISI under interior or foreign ministry is all part of bigger conspiracy and a proof itself.

So poor and unfortunate people of Pakistan watch for further political turmoil in the country as nobody is insterested about the common man.

Musharraf today has signed the summary for calling the meeting of the Paliament for impeaching him.

:) hmmm what you guys make out of it ?

Musharraf today has signed the summary for calling the meeting of the Paliament for impeaching him.

:) hmmm what you guys make out of it ?

This is another game...and the chief patron is Sir Musharraf.

This is another game...and the chief patron is Sir Musharraf.

You are right, imagine if impeachment fails? or loose legal grounds?
If they discard constitutional changes from previous govt. than NRO is nulled along with every other thing.
If they violate any constitution than they can be arrested again for the violation.
These guys are in real fix with one man army.

If they discard constitutional changes from previous govt. than NRO is nulled along with every other thing.
If they violate any constitution than they can be arrested again for the violation.

You must have heard about:
Na khailay gay or Na khailnay day gay.
Mushi still has this option open to him.

It has to be "do or die" for the instigators...if the impeachment fails they all are going to land in thick soup.

Otherwise had they got balls to do this, it should have been done months ago.

I think these people are aware of the fact that what Mushi can still do with them:
Hum tu dobay hai sanam tum ko bhi lay dobay gay...

I think Musharaf must have a few aces up his sleeve, that is why we are seeingthe assembly session called. Perhaps he thinks they will give him an open and clear chance of defending himself, which is highly unlikely. To be honest we have to see how things pan out.
Araz

Back
Top Bottom