What's new

IMF sets very tough conditions for Pak to receive bailout package, shows no flexibility

Is that why Nawaz Sharif's sons and Ishaq Dar are hiding in the UK?

I hope this debacle serves as a jolt moment for the current government. Pakistan needs to demolish and annihilate Nawaz Sharif and his clan. Zardari the same story.

We are not done yet with Nawazoo and Zardari. The more IMF is mentioned the greater pressure there will be on the government to bring back the stolen wealth of the people.

Nobody has stopped Pakistan Tehrik-e-Baqwas from bringing the magical $200 billion to Pakistan within the first two days of PM's premiership.

Go and get lost to Switzerland and look for the stolen money. Eight months and counting.

Why did Ishaq Dar run to England then? Maybe in your paindu circles you guys get away with this kind of circle jerk, then pat each other on the back and have your khota biryani, but not here. Here people aren't paindu.

I am not sure why the Anti-money Laundering Laws of UK are not working in favour of Pakistan Tehrik-e-Baqwas.

Maybe you can ask PM Imran Khan who promised $200 billion within first two days of his premiership for a clarification.

You got to understand Sharifs, Zardari/Bhuttos have ruled the country for preceeding 20 of the 30 years. They have filled the civil service, the media with their acolytes. Now with IK in charge all are feeling their cash payments reduce and and you see the result. Taking on vested interests is not easy. If you read the report the major problem is debts are maturing. Who took out those no returning debts?

How you conveniently ignore the elephant in the room namely the illegitimate criminal regime of Musharraf/Shortcut aziz of 8 years from 1999 to the beginning of 2008.

I am not sure why the Anti-money Laundering Laws of UK are not working in favour of Pakistan Tehrik-e-Baqwas.

Maybe you can ask PM Imran Khan who promised $200 billion within first two days of his premiership for a clarification.

Blame Pakistani jahil awaam for still supporting N and PPP corrupts and giving them seats.

Imran Khan is only human, he cannot magically bring wealth back, especially if part of the public and courts resist.

How you conveniently ignore the elephant in the room namely the illegitimate criminal regime of Musharraf/Shortcut aziz of 8 years from 1999 to the beginning of 2008.

Yep, Musharraf needs phansi also.

Please share the reference where he had promised to bring $200 billion in first two days. Khota briyani.

You think Khadim Hussain Rizvi will be better?

TLP supporters are just as bad as N and PPP.

Lol. Or Fazlu on a ventilator.

The opposition just wants to bring the only Government with a decent vision and plan down they dont care about PAKISTAN or its people they want to loot it to death while buying apartments in London or NYC, I am not saying Imran Khan is perfect he is human being and some his ego is down right annoying he still has a vision when he goes on state visits and I watch his speeches he does well compared to the past leaders from the PPP or N who read from a telepromter our people are also kinda stupid and impatient plus tend to get dishearted from Indian and PPP/N trolls easily

Current account deficit is now in control but next big problem is fiscal deficit ..side effect of curtailing CAD was that fiscal deficit went up..it might shoot the same level as last year(import compression mean less revenues)

3G sale and other privatization and if judges allow the GIDS and mobile tax would have fixed this problem

Apart from the Nepra/Ogra point, I see nothing wrong here.

On the Nepra/Ogra condition too, subsidies to domestic users should end. However, we should continue subsidizing productive industries. I would even incentivise exports by giving more subsidies to industries exporting more.

Nobody has stopped Pakistan Tehrik-e-Baqwas from bringing the magical $200 billion to Pakistan within the first two days of PM's premiership.

Go and get lost to Switzerland and look for the stolen money. Eight months and counting.

It doesn't matter Nawazoo slave. We will give you exactly what you are looking for. Your days are numbered.

Like I said, a witch hunt is coming. You cannot hide.

PS. You can fly a plane with Nawazoo's left nut Modi in Hindustan.

How all you conveniently ignore the elephant in the room namely the illegitimate criminal regime of Musharraf/Shortcut aziz of 8 years from 1999 to the beginning of 2008.
If you have read my posts on this subject you will know I despise Musharaf more then Zardari/Nawaz combined. In order of my hate list starting with worst first -

Musharaf the 'coward of Kargil heights'.
Altaf Bhai the 'King of Karachi'.
Zardari the 10% center.
Vin Diesel
Nawaz the 'don of Avenfield'.

They need to start working and stop blaming previous governments. These guys just label their failures on pmln and ppp. Thanks to the establishment we might end up bankrupt.
They are working, but none of the solutions are popular. Here's the scenario from a layman's perspective, and those of you better versed in economics are free to correct me wherever you feel necessary:

1. Pakistan imports a lot more than it exports (resulting in a current account deficit). So how do you reduce the CAD?

Reduce imports and increase exports. Devaluing the rupee helps with increasing exports and reducing imports, but you also have inflation. Additionally, you don't just have exporters 'sitting around', it's going to take time for increased orders to come in and be fulfilled and the results seen. The majority of the increase in exports is also going to be from established industry like textiles etc, and this is where you run into another bottleneck - the narrow industrial base of exportable products in Pakistan. Diversification of the industrial base will take years, perhaps a decade or two, provided the correct policies are put in place.

2. Revenue shortfall. We are all aware of the issues with revenue collection in Pakistan - most Pakistanis don't pay direct taxes. IK is frustrated enough to have threatened to disband the FBR, but there are no good solutions in terms of what would be done next if that threat was carried out. The reduction in imports that is necessary to curb the CAD mentioned above also has an impact on revenue collection because you lose the revenue from duties/taxes imposed on imports.

So, the core of the problem, as I see it, is revenue generation, and to generate revenue you need the domestic industrial base to expand which is a long term process. So in the interim, the need to reduce the CAD results in going to lenders such as the IMF, who obviously want their money back and want to see revenue generation increased so the government is left with limited options such as increasing the prices of gas, electricity, fuel, cutting development funding etc.

None of this is a situation the PTI created, and the PTI is correct in pointing out that it inherited problems that have no quick fix, and will require a lot of pain to address.

The opposition just wants to bring the only Government with a decent vision and plan down they dont care about PAKISTAN or its people they want to loot it to death while buying apartments in London or NYC, I am not saying Imran Khan is perfect he is human being and some his ego is down right annoying he still has a vision when he goes on state visits and I watch his speeches he does well compared to the past leaders from the PPP or N who read from a telepromter our people are also kinda stupid and impatient plus tend to get dishearted from Indian and PPP/N trolls easily

Time has come to bring the war to the enemies of Pakistan. PML-N and PPP are Pakistan hating parties. They only serve their own interests. They have never served Pakistan.

This is the most beautiful time in our life time. We will extract revenge on Pakistan's behalf. This is our time. We will wage a war and take back Pakistan.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom