What's new

IMF sets very tough conditions for Pak to receive bailout package, shows no flexibility

I really don't understand the mentality of such members. Why kick imran khan when they never ask to kick Nawaz or zardari who looted country with both hands. Aus waqt jamhoriayat ko khatra. " Jamhoriyat jesi ho badboodaar ho country mei jamhoriyat honi chaye" and now after Imran khan as Prime minister who bring investment in country $12 billion oil refinery and other investment they are still mad at Imran khan as he took the money and on holidays in some other country with his whole family.
You got to understand Sharifs, Zardari/Bhuttos have ruled the country for preceeding 20 of the 30 years. They have filled the civil service, the media with their acolytes. Now with IK in charge all are feeling their cash payments reduce and and you see the result. Taking on vested interests is not easy. If you read the report the major problem is debts are maturing. Who took out those no returning debts?

@Syed Hammad Ahmed bhai main serious reply dainy wala tha not possible after this post sorry buddy hansi rukhny ky baad :rofl::rofl:
The PM in waiting ....

26de0136c22a7b3b3bf1c6a937f077295cc80e6d87b8e5c58fceebf208ab0eaf.jpg

Making the Central Bank independent is not a strict condition....but this also means that Bajwa should go. I don't see any of the strict measures in the news piece. Tax bracket already starts from 4 lacs. Imran Khan had to two options austerity or election promises and he wants both (pressure from party and coalition) which cannot happen. I would like to get more info on interference with NEPRA....It is highly important to revise down the generous rate of returns offered by the previous government in line with regional average. This will ease the circular debt.

You got to understand Sharifs, Zardari/Bhuttos have ruled the country for preceeding 20 of the 30 years. They have filled the civil service, the media with their acolytes. Now with IK in charge all are feeling their cash payments reduce and and you see the result. Taking on vested interests is not easy. If you read the report the major problem is debts are maturing. Who took out those no returning debts?

The PM in waiting ....
But it seems like not enough is being done to bring those to justice, don't you agree?

They need to start working and stop blaming previous governments. These guys just label their failures on pmln and ppp. Thanks to the establishment we might end up bankrupt.
If I cut your legs and hands will you not blame me your whole life and then I ask you to stand up on your feet what you will say? I know don't bother to answer. This is what previous govt done to your country

If we don't take loan, it will slow down ongoing projects. We need continuity in it.
We can't dictate IMF, & there is no free lunch. When you take loan, Then you have to agree their TOS & conditions.
We need inflow of money otherwise it will hurt our economy further due to slow down of development projects.

bullshit!! if we don't take loan we cannot make previous loan payments....what projects?

If possible, Pakistan should avoid IMF all together. It is going to be tough and certain areas of the economy are going to suffer.

Fix tax evasion and start hunting the big fish who don't pay their taxes. IMF is just a temporary go to guy. It is not a solution.

Asad Umar needs to quit the IMF mantra now. Focus on fixing the tax evasion crisis and other measures that should immediately trickily some cash into the treasury.

Also, focus on Nawaz Sharif and Zardari. These two have plundered Pakistan. Make them beg for mercy. Torture them, kidnap their family and hang them upside down. I don't care what it takes. Make them squeal. We want the stolen money back.

They need to start working and stop blaming previous governments. These guys just label their failures on pmln and ppp. Thanks to the establishment we might end up bankrupt.

It is funny you say that considering how you go on to blame the establishment in the same breath. Aren't you also part of the blame brigade?

Establishment didn't rule Pakistan in the past decade or so. Nawaz Sharif and Zardari did.

IMF wouldn't be needed if looters are served proper justice and money is recovered by hook & crook. Unfortunately, every criminal which is affiliated with political circus; is branded as political victim & more onto that, our lawman & services are all involved due to receiving big chunks of gifts in past. Once people like Zardari & Nawaz are made to return looted money there will be no sign of IMF at all. Why would enemies want us to get free of IMF? Hence, there is no support for us except that Pakistan itself recovers the looted money. Till then, these sanctions will continue to eat us from inside.

Pakistan was doing very well under PML-N. Not sure why Pakistan Tehrik-e-Baqwas has come to power to cry for the last 8 months.

If Imran Khan / PTI is incapable of "fixing the economy", then at least don't try to totally destroy it.

Pakistanis are still waiting for that magical $200 billion PM Imran Khan promised the nation that would come to Pakistan within the first 2 days of his premiership.

If possible, Pakistan should avoid IMF all together. It is going to be tough and certain areas of the economy are going to suffer.

Fix tax evasion and start hunting the big fish who don't pay their taxes. IMF is just a temporary go to guy. It is not a solution.

It is funny you say that considering how you go on to blame the establishment in the same breath. Aren't you also part of the blame brigade?

Establishment didn't rule Pakistan in the past decade or so. Nawaz Sharif and Zardari did.

We need this bailout package, we aren't going to for a joke, are we? It's obvious that there is no billions of $ hidden due to corruption, only incompetency exists; and neither are we going to get billions of $ only from few taxes.

In the end, it's a national crisis, and we cannot avert it without debt, unfortunately. This government has failed to show anything for the economy, to me it seems like the incompetency will go on.

Best decision I believe would be to bring in a new, functional advisors board for finance ministry, and bring the economist Atif back in quiet, something has to be done.

Pakistan was doing very well under PML-N. Not sure why Pakistan Tehrik-e-Baqwas has come to power to cry for the last 8 months.

If Imran Khan / PTI is incapable of "fixing the economy", then at least don't try to totally destroy it.

Pakistanis are still waiting for that magical $200 billion PM Imran Khan promised the nation that would come to Pakistan within the first 2 days of his premiership.

Is that why Nawaz Sharif's sons and Ishaq Dar are hiding in the UK?

I hope this debacle serves as a jolt moment for the current government. Pakistan needs to demolish and annihilate Nawaz Sharif and his clan. Zardari the same story.

We are not done yet with Nawazoo and Zardari. The more IMF is mentioned the greater pressure there will be on the government to bring back the stolen wealth of the people.

Last edited:

Why did Ishaq Dar run to England then? Maybe in your paindu circles you guys get away with this kind of circle jerk, then pat each other on the back and have your khota biryani, but not here. Here people aren't paindu.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom