What's new

IMF is not willing to sign the contract without the opposition party.

The heavy lifting is being done here:
“The timely and decisive implementation of these policies along with resolute financial support from official partners are critical for Pakistan to successfully regain macroeconomic stability and advance its sustainable development,” the statement added.
It further said that virtual discussions would be held in the coming days to finalise the implementation of these policies.

Translation: until the agreed upon terms and conditions are implemented on the ground and the new taxes and rates go into effect, IMF funds will not be coming in. Dar's or Sharif's autographs on paper have exactly zero value.
Things are happening at velocity of light. When IMF wants something, IMF gets something.

Govt implements revenue measures from Feb 15 to secure $1.2bn IMF tranche early

Things are happening at velocity of light. When IMF wants something, IMF gets something.

Govt implements revenue measures from Feb 15 to secure $1.2bn IMF tranche early

There you go deaths of exports..
Death of growth

IMF never demanded this before but now after blowing 20b$ we are here.

Good i think Pakistanis deserve this.

Now next yr they will curse IK for not doubling exports ina few years

What the **** is wrong with these people

What choice do they have? Back is against a stonewall and they are staring into the barrel of bankruptcy gun.

One question though: How can they implement such important changes without assent from parliament and the President? Has the parliament just become a rubberstamp?

Last edited:
No PTI approval no funds. Because PDM has no democratic status to sign these IMF loan documents. And IMF wants PTI written approval as the one and only opposition party.

this is attack on sovereignty of pakistan , next they will demand surety from army .

I don’t think Pakistan is heading to a collapse. It’s just that what the IMF and the world considers to be solid economic policies is anathema to our political economy. Whichever party implements the needed economic policies pays for it with their political capital.

Both PTI and Miftah had paid the price, floated the rupee and had presided over economic adjustments. The difference this time around is the weight of stupidity around Ishaq Dar- whose entire politics revolves around the price of the dollar. The IMF knows this and has no faith in him.

Dar is stupid to the core. But previous Finance minister was not great either. He persisted with petroleum subsidies resulting in fiscal hole. Blocking imports was his brain child.

BTW some rumors floating about IMF suggesting 20-25% cut in defense budget .

Dar is stupid to the core. But previous Finance minister was not great either. He persisted with petroleum subsidies resulting in fiscal hole. Blocking imports was his brain child.

BTW some rumors floating about IMF suggesting 20-25% cut in defense budget .
Was listening to a podcast, and it seems the IMF bail out has two steps. One is staff level approval and then a approval at board level.

The team that left Pakistan, hasn't given the staff level approval itself. The report filed by them, doesn't show the reasons for this. They have pushed the ball into board's court now basically, perhaps asking them to approve it and wash their hands. Wonder what they found odd, to not give this?

The person commenting on this, said something that made me wonder as well. While Pakistan's requirement is almost 7 to 8BN dollars per month, why they are ready to do so much for a pittance is very curios as per him.

There you go deaths of exports..
Death of growth

IMF never demanded this before but now after blowing 20b$ we are here.

Good i think Pakistanis deserve this.

Now next yr they will curse IK for not doubling exports ina few years

Pakistan is set back for decades. As the regional countries continue to develop further Pakistan will be stuck in loan repayment for years to come.

IMF did the right thing. If I were a lender I wouldn't lend a penny to Pakistan. Pakistan doesn't have the ability to repay the loans. Especially when PDM is in power.

there is no pakistan. there is only punjabistan. whatever they want will be done.
No, this is lies. Punjab is suffering just the same. It's these haramkhoor elites and army generals sucking the blood of our country.

Last edited:
Pakistan is set back for decades. As the regional countries continue to develop further Pakistan will be stuck in loan repayment for years to come.

IMF did the right thing. If I were a lender I wouldn't lend a penny to Pakistan. Pakistan doesn't have the ability to repay the loans. Especially when PDM is in power.
Investor confidence is shattered forever

From what i hear only way this will change is military junta is prosecuted which will never happen

Pakistan is now officially among north Korea and Myanmar

Country is fucked fucked bad

Military inc
Shabar zaidi explains the problem

Taxation
Spending
Corruption

Only time sales tax goes up is during PMLN Era

It's just so fucked up for poor people

Investor confidence is shattered forever

From what i hear only way this will change is military junta is prosecuted which will never happen

Pakistan is now officially among north Korea and Myanmar

Country is fucked fucked bad

Military inc
Shabar zaidi explains the problem

Taxation
Spending
Corruption
just chill bro , listen this beautiful anthem :lol:

No, this is lies. Punjab is suffering just the same. It's these harmkhoor elites and army generals sucking the blood of our country.

I fail to see why there is no mass protest how Musharaf was taken. The anger i feel with the Pakistan friends here, their sentiments are to grab all the elites - parties, mullahs and generals and drown them in the rivers.

Sometimes a Maoist way may be the best to clean the slate.

this is attack on sovereignty of pakistan , next they will demand surety from army .
What sovereignty? Once IMF dictates domestic economic policy, it is surrender without war. The agreement signed by the Government is the surrender document. The only good thing is there were no guns or bombs. IMF is the modern-day East India Company.

FoJktLaWAAEOpsV
Is he living in the same Pakistan we talk of on PDF?

Pakistan can avoid default. There is no doubt in it. It only need resolve, It needs to take drastic steps. What we can do is to completely reduce our non-essential expenses. Immediately cut free petrol, drastically reduce non-combat expenditures in military, fire over staff at huge loss making entities like steel mills, railways etc.
All those steps will still not bridge minimum external deficit of about $20 billion every year that has to be arranged one way or other. That is the money needed for food, fuels, medicines, inputs for export generating industries and other essentials over and above exports + remittances. All that not including debt repayment obligations.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom