What's new

IMF asks govt to reopen CPEC deals

TBH, this isn't that illogical.

We have been leaking money in capacity payments and surcharges for years now to these power projects, and that is the reason we cannot bring the circular debt down.

Pakistan must learn to follow basic economic principles if it is to remain solvent. Let there be no doubt about that at all.

This is the curse of the fact that most of the news consumers of the world are economically illiterate.

The narrative that these deals are on bad terms is simply objectively false if one has even the most basic knowledge of economics.

This is a concerted effort by the U.S. to get every country in the world to selectively default on Chinese loans so that those countries will never have the option of getting Chinese loans in the future to compete with Western loans.

This narrative is incredibly corrosive to the body politic of every country it has been deployed onto so far, while hiding the loans that western countries have given to countries, always at higher rates and worse loan conditions.

It's basically projection to make sure that countries never default on Western loans.

The horrendous results of this strategy have already played out in Africa, where due to Western pressure on these countries to selectively default on Chinese loans, now none of these countries can get any loans to continue operating properly any longer.
Oh please. Have you? There’s a high statistical probability of your response being false. Most CPEC projects (formulation and rollout) are shrouded in secrecy. You can only make informed inferences based on actual implementation and progress.

Rhetoric on the CPEC has often failed to match reality. What are the realities on the ground when it comes to delivering for the “people” of Pakistan? Most of those projects (I see them bucketed under “CSR”, lol) have often not materialized or have been delayed OR have been withdrawn.

You thought it would boost employment in the region. Turns out — Locals, if hired, are in lower positions, often suffering major salary discrepancies. Private Chinese companies themselves won’t come to Pakistan because the local regulatory environment and supply chains are terrible for their businesses.

Talking about Gwadar, your fisherman are protesting being edged out by the Chinese vessels who win by default through sheer scale and speed. That’s 2.5 million people affected.

Oh please. Have you? There’s a high statistical probability of your response being false. Most CPEC projects (formulation and rollout) are shrouded in secrecy. You can only make informed inferences based on actual implementation and progress.

Rhetoric on the CPEC has often failed to match reality. What are the realities on the ground when it comes to delivering for the “people” of Pakistan? Most of those projects (I see them bucketed under “CSR”, lol) have often not materialized or have been delayed OR have been withdrawn.

You thought it would boost employment in the region. Turns out — Locals, if hired, are in lower positions, often suffering major salary discrepancies. Private Chinese companies themselves won’t come to Pakistan because the local regulatory environment and supply chains are terrible for their businesses.

Talking about Gwadar, your fisherman are protesting being edged out by the Chinese vessels who win by default through sheer scale and speed. That’s 2.5 million people affected.
In the loans that have been clawed out into the open in Africa, the loans all turned out to be bog standard commercial terms but with very low very favorable interest rates.

Secrecy is the standard in loans done to commercial standards.

The reason why the narrative changed from "bad deals" to "sekret deals!" was due to how totally false the original narrative is.

Now that some of the loans in africa have been clawed out into the open, the narrative that the loans are secret because they are bad has fallen apart in academic circles already, just not in the propaganda circles yet.

I'm sure the narrative will change to something else in 5 to 10 years once the "sekret bad deals!" narrative is finally debunked among the general populace as well.

Well well... The cats out of the bag....

Regime change.... I guess beggars can't be choosers...

I wonder how China will react... Pull away from the military support and pull the plug on j-10 j-17 .... Perhaps the next conflict with India Pakistan can fight back with sticks and stones....

Well done Bajwa....

What is so wrong in doing this? If Govt is losing billions to Chinese power companies and wants go renegotiate terms, should it not try ?

What companies... Can you give numbers and references to official reports. PS. DAWN IS NOT A REFERENCE.

I have said it before and will say it again, Pakistan is a liability to China, a dead horse the Chinese have to push. It should just save itself from this country and look else where for relations, with this *** retarded Army leadership we have in place.
the leadership is so afraid of usa.....they will literally shit their pantsif americans didn`t talk to them for a day! These guys have no mental capacity to lead pakistan...dont know for what all these medals that they often display are for?

I am sure that the Traitor Bajwa will happily OBLIGE. Pakistan - China STRATEGIC RELATIONS ARE DYING BEFORE OUR OWN EYES, THANKS TO THIS TRAITOR.
Average Electricity Rate in the U.S. is 10.42 cents per kilowatt-hour.
Electricity Rate in the U.K. is between 6 and 9 pence per kilowatt-hour.

Chinese charge Pakistanis 30 cents on average. which is then subsidzed at tax-payer expense, even then people do not pay and prefer to steal it.

Last edited:
It will be interesting if the CPEC deals are publicized.

Successive governments have been stupid in negotiating terms unfavorable to Pakistan. Seems like selling themselves cheaply is Pakistan’s national sport.

Average Electricity Rate in the U.S. is 10.42 cents per kilowatt-hour.
Electricity Rate in the U.K. is between 6 and 9 pence per kilowatt-hour.

Chinese charge Pakistanis 30 cents on average.
You are ignoring that this is due to massive underutilization and that the current price paid barely keeps the companies afloat.

You are also forgetting that coal is currently an extremely expensive energy source.

In the U.S. when we are talking about fossil fuel energy sources, it is also very expensive, like the new england area at 20-25 cents per kwh.

The cheapest parts in the U.S. for electricity prices right now are the places with subsidized built renewable as well as moderate pricing for fossil fuel energy sources for places like texas.

You are also listing extremely subsidized U.K. electricity prices.

People need to stop quoting subsidized electricity rates to compare to a non-subsidized ones.

I should mention that this is with the U.S. having the cheapest un-subsidized fossil fuel prices in the world, especially for coal and natural gas, which is expensive to transport, and therefore much cheaper in the U.S. than elsewhere.

Last edited:
n the long run China already knows it is better off working with Afghanistan and Iran.
Unlike Lumber 1s Afghanistand and Iran, now matter how shitty they are, they still have balls and spine unlike our DHA ka plot lene waly Zaleel

Khan said, "The people who planned it all don't want to bring me back. They did not take me out to bring me back to power".
Khan, But we will bring you back dear Khan with a two thirds majority, God willing!!

Secrecy is the standard in loans done to commercial standards.
PMLN was ousted and moron khan brought in after the discovery that the Chinese lenders helped showbaaz and the chor fat pandit steal 9 billion dollars from CPEC.

when CPC leadership was contacted they asked for it to be kept secret and that they will compensate Pakistan.

PMLN was ousted and moron khan brought in after the discovery that the Chinese lenders helped showbaaz and the chor fat pandit steal 9 billion dollars from CPEC.

when CPC leadership was contacted they asked for it to be kept secret and that they will compensate Pakistan.
While I do not know the particularities of Pakistani politics, I know that pretty much every single loan China gives out to countries are secret to commercial standards.

They put extra efforts to please IMF...

1654798118513.png

Back
Top Bottom