What's new

Images of Indonesia

Pirupiru r u a girl or a boy??

i mean you sound like a girl

shitt :rofl::rofl::rofl:

by land diversity may be but not by people i guess

By people too. Indonesia is definitely more diverse than Pakistan for sure. You have the Achinese, the Minangkabau, the Javanese, the people of Borneo, the Moluccans, Sulawesi stretching all the way to the Negroid group in Irian Jaya (West Papua). The only difference being, most of their languages are written in the Latin script, unlike India and Pakistan where you guys have may other scripts. Indonesia is huge dude!

I don't really know if they can compete with India in terms of diversity though, since those guys are huge too. Need someone familiar with both places to comment. But yes, alot more diverse than Pakistan, Malaysia etc for sure.

Flag_of_the_Aceh_Sultanate.png
Aceh sultanate flag

20111112011029!Flag_of_Ottoman_Empire.png
Ottoman flag

Dafuq is that? In this region, all of us practice a moderate version of Islam that coexists with everyone else. Please keep your Turkish nationalist crap out of this please. Not in our region!!

By people too. Indonesia is definitely more diverse than Pakistan for sure. You have the Achinese, the Minangkabau, the Javanese, the people of Borneo, the Moluccans, Sulawesi stretching all the way to the Negroid group in Irian Jaya (West Papua). The only difference being, most of their languages are written in the Latin script, unlike India and Pakistan where you guys have may other scripts. Indonesia is huge dude!

I don't really know if they can compete with India in terms of diversity though, since those guys are huge too. Need someone familiar with both places to comment. But yes, alot more diverse than Pakistan, Malaysia etc for sure.

Dafuq is that? In this region, all of us practice a moderate version of Islam that coexists with everyone else. Please keep your Turkish nationalist crap out of this please. Not in our region!!

why have you visited pakistan, no?

in pakistan there are all types of people black, mongoloid and caucasion :azn:

why have you visited pakistan, no?

in pakistan there are all types of people black, mongoloid and caucasion :azn:

No I haven't either, I admit. I didn't know about the black and mongoloid part too. Best to let a person who knows both Indonesia and Pakistan be the judge. My assumption was based on what I read about Pakistan. I could be wrong and I do apologize.

But yes, Indonesia is very diverse, if that's what u r looking for, and it's a wonderful place to visit if you are seeking something different.

rofl, relax man, btw are you malay muslim?

The islander stfu you idiot , your not even indonesian , how is this nationalistic , you dont know how much we helped the indonesian's at the time

n 1565, Sultan Alaaddin of Aceh declared allegiance to the Ottoman Empire[citation needed] and sent a request for assistance to the Ottoman Sultan Suleiman the Magnificent (which was received by the Grand Vizier Sokollu Mehmet Pasha due to the absence of Suleiman who was heading for the Battle of Szigetvár, his final military campaign) for defending his land from Portuguese aggression. Due to Suleiman's death in 1566, the Ottoman naval expedition to Sumatra was sent by his son, Selim II, who appointed Kurtoğlu Hızır Reis with the mission.
Kurtoğlu Hızır Reis was the Admiral-in-Chief of the Ottoman Indian Ocean Fleet based in Suez, with other homeports in Aden and Basra. In 1568 he set sail with a force of 22 ships carrying soldiers, military equipment and other supplies, and visited Aden, Djibouti, Muscat, Hormuz, Debal, Surat, Janjira, Lanka (Sri Lanka) and then arrived at Aceh in 1569, an event which effectively marked the easternmost territorial expansion of the Ottoman Empire, was noted by his Portuguese rival Fernão Mendes Pinto. Simultaneously, the Ottoman Empire informed Portugal that Aceh was from that time on an Ottoman territory and any attack against Aceh would be perceived as an attack against the Ottoman Empire, and the Portuguese fleet stopped its activities in the areas surrounding Aceh.
Aceh effectively remained as an Ottoman protectorate until the late 18th century, and an ally of the Ottoman Empire until 1904, when it largely went under Dutch control. The bells of several Dutch churches in Aceh are made from melted Ottoman cannons, and some of them still carry the Ottoman crest which were originally on these cannons.

The Ottoman expedition to Aceh was started from around 1565 when the Ottoman Empire endeavoured to support the Aceh Sultanate in its fight against the Portuguese Empire in Malacca.[1][2] The expedition followed an envoy sent by the Acehnese Sultan Alauddin Riayat Syah al-Kahhar (1539–71) to Suleiman the Magnificent in 1564, and possibly as early as 1562,[3] requesting Ottoman support against the Portuguese.

220px-Ottoman_and_Acehnese_guns_after_the_Dutch_conquest_of_Aceh_in_1874_Illustrated_London_News.jpg

n 1565, Sultan Alaaddin of Aceh declared allegiance to the Ottoman Empire[citation needed] and sent a request for assistance to the Ottoman Sultan Suleiman the Magnificent (which was received by the Grand Vizier Sokollu Mehmet Pasha due to the absence of Suleiman who was heading for the Battle of Szigetvár, his final military campaign) for defending his land from Portuguese aggression. Due to Suleiman's death in 1566, the Ottoman naval expedition to Sumatra was sent by his son, Selim II, who appointed Kurtoğlu Hızır Reis with the mission.
Kurtoğlu Hızır Reis was the Admiral-in-Chief of the Ottoman Indian Ocean Fleet based in Suez, with other homeports in Aden and Basra. In 1568 he set sail with a force of 22 ships carrying soldiers, military equipment and other supplies, and visited Aden, Djibouti, Muscat, Hormuz, Debal, Surat, Janjira, Lanka (Sri Lanka) and then arrived at Aceh in 1569, an event which effectively marked the easternmost territorial expansion of the Ottoman Empire, was noted by his Portuguese rival Fernão Mendes Pinto. Simultaneously, the Ottoman Empire informed Portugal that Aceh was from that time on an Ottoman territory and any attack against Aceh would be perceived as an attack against the Ottoman Empire, and the Portuguese fleet stopped its activities in the areas surrounding Aceh.
Aceh effectively remained as an Ottoman protectorate until the late 18th century, and an ally of the Ottoman Empire until 1904, when it largely went under Dutch control. The bells of several Dutch churches in Aceh are made from melted Ottoman cannons, and some of them still carry the Ottoman crest which were originally on these cannons.

The Ottoman expedition to Aceh was started from around 1565 when the Ottoman Empire endeavoured to support the Aceh Sultanate in its fight against the Portuguese Empire in Malacca.[1][2] The expedition followed an envoy sent by the Acehnese Sultan Alauddin Riayat Syah al-Kahhar (1539–71) to Suleiman the Magnificent in 1564, and possibly as early as 1562,[3] requesting Ottoman support against the Portuguese.

220px-Ottoman_and_Acehnese_guns_after_the_Dutch_conquest_of_Aceh_in_1874_Illustrated_London_News.jpg

Oh wow! Thats quite alot actually. Thanks for clarifying and I take back the comment about the flag.

Need to bookmark this thread.

I'm acutally surprised how this was allowed in Indonesia, had this happened here in India, we would have seen a **** storm.

Maybe Indonesian Govt is more open minded.

Yes Indonesia is a modern society, open-minded as well and religion never becomes an issue over there. That's one of the reasons why we in Singapore don't like any comparisons to Israel. The Muslim nations surrounding us, both are very progressive and have been this way for centuries. They are also fine examples of how Islam can perfectly co-exist with any religion or within any society.

Oh wow! Thats quite alot actually. Thanks for clarifying and I take back the comment about the flag.

Thank you all for the nice comments. As for diversity in Indonesia, actually there is no such thing as "ethnic Indonesian" or "Indonesian culture". Indonesian culture differs from island to island. Things that maybe you hardly heard about Indonesia are this archipelago consists of 18.000 islands, spread over three time zones it is as large as Europe and 10% of language spoken in the world are found in Indonesia. In western Indonesia, you'll find a lot mix of Indian-Arab-Chinese-Malay culture. In eastern Indonesia, you'll find a mix of Hawaiian-like culture. Indonesia is home to one of the largest Christianity in Asia, about 30 million. And Hinduism is followed by 5 million, the largest number outside of South Asia I believe :)

And do you know where to find a country which has the most overseas Chinese in the world? It's Indonesia, nearly 10 million in total. And about Melanesian people, Indonesia is the largest home, more than all South Pacific countries combined. There are also significant number of Arab, Indian and Dutch community here in Indonesia. :)

Also Indonesia are classified in megadiverse country in term of flora and fauna. Indonesia is home to:

- 11 percent of the world's flowering plants,
- 12 percent of the world's mammals,
- 15 percent of all amphibians and reptiles,
- 17 percent of all birds, and
- 37 percent of the world's fish.

And If marine and terrestrial species are combined, then Indonesia ranks as the world’s most important mega-diverse country :)
NABU | International | Indonesia

Pirupiru, which part of Indonesia are u from mate?

Also don't forget to tell them the diversity you guys have in cuisine. All the way from Aceh to Bali, the cuisine is so diverse!

The problem is.. We still a corrupt lower-middle-income country, though the current incumbent is doing a good job. I hope we can see the progress in near future :)

Pirupiru, which part of Indonesia are u from mate?

Also don't forget to tell them the diversity you guys have in cuisine. All the way from Aceh to Bali, the cuisine is so diverse!

I live in Jakarta. I will post it dont worry hehehehe :agree:

The problem is.. We still a corrupt lower-middle-income country, though the current incumbent is doing a good job. I hope we can see the progress in near future :)

I live in Jakarta. I will post it dont worry hehehehe :agree:

You will definitely see progress in Indonesia bro, you guys have been showing good results over the past decade. It's a good thing democracy is alive and well in Indonesia today. We will work together to make ASEAN a better place for us all :)

Thanks for the wonderful pics too. Keep them coming bro! :tup:

@Antibody : Why did you delete one of my post? I hope it's for a good reason, because I don't find anything wrong with it :unsure:

@TheIslander : Here you go!

Indonesian cuisine is a blend of a number of cultures and its very own ethnic foods. Some are really exotic and hardly find such dishes in other parts of the world. Like this one called Sago larvae. These juicy and full of protein larvae are found in the rotten trunk of the sago palm, they taste like crab, but some say they are slimy and a bit salty. :)

14-2.jpg

1153169.jpg

Sate_Ulat_Sagu_Makanan_Khas_Papua.jpg

Back
Top Bottom