What's new

I’m An Indian Muslim And Here’s Why I’m Scared Of Living In India

My faith teaches me to love my country and serve it. That's what I was also taught whilst growing up, going to my masjid. I can't comment on your experiences with other Muslims.
You didn't answer my question, and who exactly hates you? The people caught up in riots are often innocent.
It seems your inerpretation of islam is different from that of other muslims..every muslim is a brother to another muslim in islam..non muslims are considered infidels

I once heard the same from a Muslim friend in US. He lived for 25 years of his life in India, became a doctor and then moved to middle East. He was not good enough Muslim in middle East, so he moved to US. Now he does think India is not good enough place to live--because he could not live his dream of a successful doctor.

long story short, he is a bad doctor simple as that.

Indians here can disagree with the writer as much as they want, but one thing is undeniable; we need to get rid of this freaking mob violence that does happen in india too often. Our people are a bunch of morons, and most jump into this mob thing without even knowing what's going on.

I swear I have witnessed a bunch of people beating up a guy after a road accident in punjab, and upon asking why they were beating a guy, half of them didn't even know. They simply jumped in to give their share of "justice" without even knowing anything about the situation. Freaking retards.

Too easy to get a bunch of people to beat innocent minorities. It's really shamefull.

I don't blame Modi for this, but as a leader of India it is his job to control all these groups who operate thinking they are above the law. If he can't control them sufficiently within his term/s, I will hold him responsible.

Last edited:
Indians here can disagree with the writer as much as they want, but one thing is undeniable; we need to get rid of this freaking mob violence that does happen in india too often. Our people are a bunch of morons, and most jump into this mob thing without even knowing what's going on.

I swear I have witnessed a bunch of people beating up a guy after a road accident in punjab, and upon asking which they were beating a guy, half of them didn't even know. They simply jumped in to through in their share of "justice" without even knowing anything about the situation. Freaking retards.

Too easy to get a bunch of people to beat innocent minorities. It's really shamefull.

I don't blame Modi for this, but as a leader of India it is his job to control all these groups who operate thinking they are above the law. If he can't control them sufficiently within his term/s, I will hold him responsible.
herd behavior and no one has the guts to ask the right question or do the right thing.
But the same mob will run away if there is an accident.

Oh so we can phrase derogatory religion insults as questions...and its A-OK. Even mods can give it a like too. I'll keep that in mind then.

Ffhxxmo.jpg

@waz just want to confirm its ok to (attempt) mock religions as long as its put in question format. It's not trolling right?

No it's not allowed at all mate. The post is going.

1. You have come across a very small affluent section abroad.
2. Dislike for India does not have to translate into love for Pakistan. :)

1. You have come across a very small affluent section abroad.
2. Dislike for India does not have to translate into love for Pakistan. :)
You are wrong Sarthak. I was born and brought up in a muslim area. None of them thought themselves of anything other than Indian.
But its not holds good for the cross border people now coming and settling down.

If I was muslim I would be sh*t scared of living in India....
once in a train I was chatting with a fellow passenger(as you do, in India)... and out of blue he said he does not eat beef... he knew I am hindu because muslims in India tend to ask your name pretty early in conversation(in India its very common for people to ask everything about you, but not your name. As a stranger they might try to figure out where you stand in social hierarchy, and your first name gives no clue)
I wanted to say I dont give a damn but just tried to divert the topic... this happened 10 years ago, much before Modi came to power...

Exactly. If somebody feel insucare, there are above 60 Muslim nations. They should give her citizenship so that she may happily live there.

That was the case for the vast majority and practically every Indian Muslim I have come across isn't cosy at all with Pakistan.

the irony is that Muslims (Urdu & Bengali) voted for the Muslim League which lead to creation of Pakistan

Exactly. If somebody feel insucare, there are above 60 Muslim nations. They should give her citizenship so that she may happily live there.

Is she is your citizen then she has the right to be secured than seeking citizenship in foreign land unless she or he commits any treason.

This choice to stay or to leave was not available to everyone and many Indian Muslims were forced to stay in there even when they opted to vote for Pakistan. Migration was not easy process back then as I am sure you know how many Muslims lost their lives and honour during the process of migration

I do also live in Uk and I have met Indian muslims who hate India because their family suffered in the hand of extremist hinuvata and I have seen Gujrati Indian Muslim cheering for Pakistani cricket team

That's true to an extent, that some were forced to stay as they didn't have the means to reach Pakistan. But this was a tiny minority. The vast majority backed the union, along with religious and political figure heads e.g. Maulana Azad. However, it is the present that matters and there remains no such population in India now.
I too have met Indian Muslims who despise the RSS and other militant wings, but I have met none, and I mean none that hate India itself. I have actually met more Sikhs in the UK who can't stand India than Indian Muslims.
As for the Gujarati Muslims, I have't seen any cheering for the Pakistani cricket team and they tend to keep themselves quite separate from Pakistanis.

That's true to an extent, that some were forced to stay as they didn't have the means to reach Pakistan. But this was a tiny minority. The vast majority backed the union, along with religious and political figure heads e.g. Maulana Azad.

Nice try at historical revisionism ...

Urdu and Bengali Muslims are primary backers of Muslim League. Punjabi, Baluchi, Pathans, Kashmiri Muslims did not vote for the Muslim League

Nice try at historical revisionism ...

Urdu and Bengali Muslims are primary backers of Muslim League. Punjabi, Baluchi, Pathans, Kashmiri Muslims did not vote for the Muslim League

Terrible try at sarcasm.
Lol of course those regions voted for the Muslim league.

Last edited:
Use these sources -

https://www.quora.com/What-percent-...vor-of-Pakistan-during-the-partition-of-India

https://www.dawn.com/news/1105473

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_provincial_elections,_1946

Even the wildly pro Islamic Milli Gazette clears this up -
http://www.milligazette.com/news/1572-indian-muslims-balance-sheet-since-partition

Also this - (poorly formatted but good content)
http://internethindu.in/know-who-voted-for-separate-nation-pakistan-during-1945-1946-elections/

2-171.png

Last edited:
That's true to an extent, that some were forced to stay as they didn't have the means to reach Pakistan. But this was a tiny minority. The vast majority backed the union, along with religious and political figure heads e.g. Maulana Azad. However, it is the present that matters and there remains no such population in India now.
I too have met Indian Muslims who despise the RSS and other militant wings, but I have met none, and I mean none that hate India itself. I have actually met more Sikhs in the UK who can't stand India than Indian Muslims.
As for the Gujarati Muslims, I have't seen any cheering for the Pakistani cricket team and they tend to keep themselves quite separate from Pakistanis.

That's because gujrati girls irrespective of religion love Pakistani boys. True story.

Back
Top Bottom