What's new

IK Misquoted PM, Army Chief

Tameem

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
52fe327e6053a.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Leader of the House in Senate, Raja Zafarul Haq Friday said that the prime minister and former army chief were misquoted in a statement by PTI chief Imran Khan, regarding success chances of a possible military operation against Taliban.

The upper house of Parliament witnessed a heated debate on a recent TV interview of Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf chief Imran Khan in which he had allegedly questioned the capability of the armed forces to take on militants.

Khan in a TV interview on Tuesday night had stated that during a meeting the prime minister had quoted former army chief Gen (retd) Ashfaq Parvez Kayani as saying that there was a 40 per cent chance of success of a military operation against militants in the country’s tribal areas.

“(Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf) PTI chairman Imran Khan misquoted Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and the former army chief while stating that there were 40 per cent chances of success if an operation is started against militants,” Raja Zafarul Haq informed the Senate in response to a point of order, raised by Senator Raza Rabbani.

He said: “I have obtained required information which suggests that the statement of Imran Khan has no reality and is totally baseless. The PTI chief could not understand what the former army chief had said.”

Raja Zafarul Haq said that on the demand of Imran Khan before the All Parties Conference (APC), his meeting was arranged with PM Sharif, Minister for Interior Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan and the then COAS.

In the meeting, he said, the former army chief had told the PTI chief that if an operation was launched by the government against militants, then 40 per cent terrorism related activities could be controlled without delay.

Haq recalled, at that time Kayani had also stated that the government should fully utilize the option of dialogue with militant groups.

“We have full confidence in Pakistan Army which is capable to fight extremism and aggression against the country. Their determination cannot be questioned,” he added.

The leader of the house acknowledged that besides soldiers, the officers of armed forces have also rendered valuable sacrifices in the war against terrorism.

Leader of the Opposition in the Senate, Chaudhry Aitzaz Ahsan welcomed the statement of the leader of the house, saying the whole nation stands alongside Pakistan Army in the fight against terrorism.

Earlier speaking on a point of order, Senators Raza Rabbani, Afrasiab Khattak, Farhatullah Babar and Rehman Malik had demanded of the government to come out with a clear stance on the statement of Imran Khan.

They mentioned the recent terrorist activities in Karachi and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and questioned, were the citizens left on Taliban’s mercy.

The senators of Pakistan People’s Party and Awami National Party also criticized the PTI government in KP for its failure to ensure security of lives and properties of common people.

PM, ex-army chief misquoted by Imran, Zafarul Haq tells Senate - DAWN.COM

Why IK disclosing details of a secret meeting between him PM & Army chief in the first place and secondly thats too absolutley wrong.........Any raw Ptian?

Quoted or misquoted is another question;

Fact of the matter is that IK lacks the brain to think before he speaks;

If IK can not understand the repercussions of his statements then his claim to premiership is just a farce.

I thought he is sincere with nation but he is brainless that's why he is not capable to drive nation but now he is proved a lair .....

Are ppl realy so stupid believing what ever sold media tells them ? Before Imran Khan said this here is what Kashif Abbasi , Saleem Safi and others telling what Imran Khan is saying . Watch this and do some search before starting to bash Imran Khan.

I thought he is sincere with nation but he is brainless that's why he is not capable to drive nation but now he is proved a lair .....

lol Imran Khan is brainless.... thats why every party following Imran Khan agenda ? And Media thinks its Imran Khan who is prime minister not Nawaz Sharif

Quoted or misquoted is another question;

Fact of the matter is that IK lacks the brain to think before he speaks;

If IK can not understand the repercussions of his statements then his claim to premiership is just a farce.

Saying who supporter of ZIA UL HAQ ?

Are ppl realy so stupid believing what ever sold media tells them ? Before Imran Khan said this here is what Kashif Abbasi , Saleem Safi and others telling what Imran Khan is saying . Watch this and do some search before starting to bash Imran Khan.

lol Imran Khan is brainless.... thats why every party following Imran Khan agenda ? And Media thinks its Imran Khan who is prime minister not Nawaz Sharif

same zai ul haq, on who,s wishes your IMRAN boy, took back his retirment?
yes he was the father of them , all of them?
IMRAN,s madness has only one cure to sent him, in a mental hospital!

same zai ul haq, on who,s wishes your IMRAN boy, took back his retirment?
yes he was the father of them , all of them?
IMRAN,s madness has only one cure to sent him, in a mental hospital!

Talking about hospitals, someone else is currently in the hospital hiding? :lol:SSG/Commando/Army Chief/President.

One word. Coward

If you wanna succeed on this so called planet earth, Coward is the last thing you want to be...! #Check history #Check facts.

This Geezer was leading the country for a decade and when he knew his time was up. He placed other cowards in-charge and then you wonder Pakistan is becoming a fail state.

Last edited:
52fe327e6053a.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Leader of the House in Senate, Raja Zafarul Haq Friday said that the prime minister and former army chief were misquoted in a statement by PTI chief Imran Khan, regarding success chances of a possible military operation against Taliban.

The upper house of Parliament witnessed a heated debate on a recent TV interview of Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf chief Imran Khan in which he had allegedly questioned the capability of the armed forces to take on militants.

Khan in a TV interview on Tuesday night had stated that during a meeting the prime minister had quoted former army chief Gen (retd) Ashfaq Parvez Kayani as saying that there was a 40 per cent chance of success of a military operation against militants in the country’s tribal areas.

“(Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf) PTI chairman Imran Khan misquoted Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and the former army chief while stating that there were 40 per cent chances of success if an operation is started against militants,” Raja Zafarul Haq informed the Senate in response to a point of order, raised by Senator Raza Rabbani.

He said: “I have obtained required information which suggests that the statement of Imran Khan has no reality and is totally baseless. The PTI chief could not understand what the former army chief had said.”

Raja Zafarul Haq said that on the demand of Imran Khan before the All Parties Conference (APC), his meeting was arranged with PM Sharif, Minister for Interior Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan and the then COAS.

In the meeting, he said, the former army chief had told the PTI chief that if an operation was launched by the government against militants, then 40 per cent terrorism related activities could be controlled without delay.

Haq recalled, at that time Kayani had also stated that the government should fully utilize the option of dialogue with militant groups.

“We have full confidence in Pakistan Army which is capable to fight extremism and aggression against the country. Their determination cannot be questioned,” he added.

The leader of the house acknowledged that besides soldiers, the officers of armed forces have also rendered valuable sacrifices in the war against terrorism.

Leader of the Opposition in the Senate, Chaudhry Aitzaz Ahsan welcomed the statement of the leader of the house, saying the whole nation stands alongside Pakistan Army in the fight against terrorism.

Earlier speaking on a point of order, Senators Raza Rabbani, Afrasiab Khattak, Farhatullah Babar and Rehman Malik had demanded of the government to come out with a clear stance on the statement of Imran Khan.

They mentioned the recent terrorist activities in Karachi and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and questioned, were the citizens left on Taliban’s mercy.

The senators of Pakistan People’s Party and Awami National Party also criticized the PTI government in KP for its failure to ensure security of lives and properties of common people.

PM, ex-army chief misquoted by Imran, Zafarul Haq tells Senate - DAWN.COM

Why IK disclosing details of a secret meeting between him PM & Army chief in the first place and secondly thats too absolutley wrong.........Any raw Ptian?
IF he quoted them wrongly ISPR would have come forward by now but they are not coming forward because they know he said right @Tameem he said he was not told this has to be kept secret and @batmannow

We would never know what was said in that meeting (I still believe that IK is more trustworthy than many other politicians), but IK should think twice before he opens his mouth. You should't make overt statements regarding the possible incapacity of the army even if it is true.

We would never know what was said in that meeting (I still believe that IK is more trustworthy than many other politicians), but IK should think twice before he opens his mouth. You should't make overt statements regarding the possible incapacity of the army even if it is true.
just a matter of time, when every each of the involved party will deny that?
if IMRAN was trust worth enough, to understand it, then he shouldnt had openned his foolish mouth, now his is standing alone with, MUNNAWAR & JI but rest of pakistan is on other side, even non of them are angels but at least they arent are the foolish king of his fooilsh dreamworld?

IF he quoted them wrongly ISPR would have come forward by now but they are not coming forward because they know he said right @Tameem he said he was not told this has to be kept secret and @batmannow
ISPR is not a political party to clear itself , for foolish stupid, politician?
they will going to prove him , wrong by taking the whole godammed TTp, its just matter of time?

Imran is not a kid to just misquote somebody of this significance out of the blue. And I don't understand what is this with Imran bashing? Iman is not the PM, he is not even opposition leader, suddenly his clout has become so great that the power brokers inside Pakistan cannot resist him including the magnificent army....what a farce:tdown:

Imran is not a kid to just misquote somebody of this significance out of the blue. And I don't understand what is this with Imran bashing? Iman is not the PM, he is not even opposition leader, suddenly his clout has become so great that the power brokers inside Pakistan cannot resist him including the magnificent army....what a farce:tdown:
thats his mian problem, that he is nothing like a PM, OPPOSITION LEADER, not even a politician, but he tries hard to be?

thats his mian problem, that he is nothing like a PM, OPPOSITION LEADER, not even a politician, but he tries hard to be?

So you agree that he is not like a PM and opposition so why all this whining about Imran than? My suggestion to you and your ilk is to quit this hypocrisy of yours and rather focus on more pressing matters, matters such as Musharraf who's future seems bleak in Pakistan.

See that is your and other PTI supporter / leader problems.
You fond nothing to refute my statement with logical argument, or any thing remotely pertaining to rationale.

I know you will not understand what I just wrote and I also know you are too lazy to learn; let me spell it out.

IK -> Stupid .... has nothing to do with whomever I support or otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom