What's new

IK did not cancel KL Summit trip due to Saudi Arabia pressure, says Dr Mahatir

India say tamatar laina band kiya you cheekien nikal gain. Beghair dollar ki kaya banay ga???
Right you keep telling yourself that. Pakistanis have fallen for western propaganda too many times. Good corruption-free governance is all Pakistan needs to be free from this drug dependency on dollars.

Iran is being shagged in every way imaginable by the dollar distributors, and yet, they are actually sitting there rattling their swords, saying to USA and ksa "come on, is that all you've got?"

We're not living in the king faisal era. Any favour for ksa costs us our dignity in this day and age.

Believe me, I wish it was different. I wish ksa and UAE had some sense of history and I think their people do and certain leaders also do, but the ones in power now just want Pakistan to be its tool. There is little hope for such a relationship. I'm not saying mutahir and erdogan are awesome and perfect, but at least they want to treat us as equals.

Right you keep telling yourself that. Pakistanis have fallen for western propaganda too many times. Good corruption-free governance is all Pakistan needs to be free from this drug dependency on dollars.

Iran is being shagged in every way imaginable by the dollar distributors, and yet, they are actually sitting there rattling their swords, saying to USA and ksa "come on, is that all you've got?"

We're not living in the king faisal era. Any favour for ksa costs us our dignity in this day and age.

Believe me, I wish it was different. I wish ksa and UAE had some sense of history and I think their people do and certain leaders also do, but the ones in power now just want Pakistan to be its tool. There is little hope for such a relationship. I'm not saying mutahir and erdogan are awesome and perfect, but at least they want to treat us as equals.
Iran is sitting on 200+ billion barrels of oil and gas. We aren't.

Pakistan's biggest threat is the mentality of Pakistanis who would rather see the whole of Pakistan fail as a means to get their bandha into power by default.

Instead of throwing our weight behind the guy who has the best potential for improving our nation, we remain bitter and cynical, supporting blindly "our guy". We need to reject such nonsense and accept individuals on the basis of merit. Until that happens we will continue to enjoy the destruction of Pakistani sovereignty as long as it hurts the political party we didn't vote for.

Due to financial constraints and lack of support of Pakistani people, Imran Khan was not able to go on the path which he wanted to.

Nawaz refuses to give back wealth and Pakistanis support him like sheep. What could IK due against such foolishness?

Zardari and Musharraf chapter begins now. Quest to recover our stolen wealth continues.

I am sure IK explained everything to his allies Mahathir and Erdogan. I don't have any doubt that they understand Pakistan's delicate financial state.
Very true sir.

Iran is sitting on 200+ billion barrels of oil and gas. We aren't.
And how many transit fees could we acquire if we just had the guts to do so?

I am a IK supporter and you also deep down know that Mr. Mahatir is just being too kind to not to say the obvious thing that Khan did bend.

He is just protecting his kid Khan and Khan's dignity.

@jupiter2007 @Verve @Basel @Rafeh @StormBreaker

Just look at the current conflicts/struggles Muslims are going through in the world. Saudi/OIC has done nothing to resolve issue like Palestine/Gaza, Yemen, Kashmir, Burmese Muslims and their struggle as a minority, Muslims in Philippines and Muslims in concentration camp in China.
Ask yourself why would Saudi be against Islamic bloc by Malaysia, Turkey, Pakistan, Qatar and Indonesia?
Saudi's want to stay relevant in Muslim world and portrait as the most powerful Muslim nation and they will do whatever it takes to accomplish that. They are/will blackmail Pakistan because of the loan they have provided to us. Saudi Arab & UAE are indirectly helping Israel/Mossad and America to stop any unification or group to help Muslim ummah.

It's in the interest of Muslim countries to work together just like EU and NATO countries are working together.
Islamic bloc/Alliance ( IA = Islamic Alliance)
IA counters must sign a pact to support each other.
IA Counties to work together to counter Islamophobia narrative and committed to promote moderate Islam while working together to combat extremism & terrorism
Sharing strategic interests and facing the same challenges.
Cooperate on issues of common interest and are working side by side in crisis management, capability development and political consultations, as well as providing support to their each others during natural disasters.
Banking setup between Muslim bloc countries
Intra Trade in Goods & Services between Muslim bloc countries.
Building and promoting our own brands.
Agriculture Sector of the economy
Tourism Industry
Automobile Industries
Engineering Industry
Oil & Gas exploration/processing/delivery
Defense industry
Textile Industries
Media Industries
IT and Technology
HealtCare & Health & Beauty industry.
Pharmaceutical Industries (at least we will be able to produce vaccine against Dog bite).

Last edited:
This episode shows Pakistanis are Pakistan's biggest enemies, Imran Khan is probably the most disappointed person for not attending this but it was pretty clear the way he ran to Saudi Arabia few days back. Indonesian premier Widodo also backed off.
Mahathir has a certain relationship with Imran Khan which won't be hurt, hope Imran Khan visits MAlaysia soon and continue to support and abet the efforts of this summit esp. on Islamophobia and launching ofthe tv channel which will make liberals cry.

This episode shows Pakistanis are Pakistan's biggest enemies, Imran Khan is probably the most disappointed person for not attending this but it was pretty clear the way he ran to Saudi Arabia few days back. Indonesian premier Widodo also backed off.
Mahathir has a certain relationship with Imran Khan which won't be hurt, hope Imran Khan visits MAlaysia soon and continue to support and abet the efforts of this summit esp. on Islamophobia and launching ofthe tv channel which will make liberals cry.

It has to be lot more than that, we have been looking toward Saudi Arabia to lead the Muslim Ummah but they are nothing but disappointment for us.
Turkey has stopped looking toward the EU and now focusing on the East. We need to build extensive partnership just like EU. Turkey, Pakistan, Malaysia, Qatar, Indonesia and Iran need to focus on economy and putting our resource together for the betterment of Muslim Ummah.

Invitation should go to following countries to join Islamic economic alliance.
Central Asian countries: Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Kazakhstan
European Countries: Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina and Kosovo
African Countries: Burkina Faso, Chad, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal and Sierra Leone

443156.jpg

KUALA LUMPUR: Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad (pic) dismissed foreign reports that Pakistan's Prime Minister Imran Khan has cancelled his trip here for the Kuala Lumpur (KL) 2019 Summit following pressure from Saudi Arabia as untrue.

Dr Mahathir said that Imran, who earlier called him to express his regrets for not being able to attend the summit, which starts tomorrow (Dec 18) until Sunday (Dec 21), could have his own reasons.

"That's his choice, we cannot force. In Islam, there is no compulsion in religion.

"He can't come maybe because of other issues.

"But what was reported in the media was not true.

"There is no problem," he told reporters at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (KLCC) here on Tuesday (Dec 17).

It was reported by foreign media such as Pakistan's Geo News that Imran cancelled his scheduled visit to Malaysia under pressure from Saudi Arabia.

Earlier in a statement, the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) clarified that all 56 countries of the Islamic world were invited and all 56 were represented at various levels.

The KL Summit 2019 was supposed to bring together the heads of government from Malaysia, Indonesia, Pakistan, Turkey and Qatar to address and resolve issues concerning Muslims.

"We invited 50 countries but for the heads of government, at first only three were supposed to be involved then we invited Qatar and Indonesia, if they're interested.

"But if they can't come then we can't force them to.

"They have sent their delegations and representatives, they seem interested in the subjects that we are discussing.

"Hopefully, they (the leaders) will receive some of the information regarding our discussions, which have nothing to do with religion, but instead, the state of affairs of the Muslims," added Dr Mahathir.

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nat...t-trip-due-to-saudi-arabia-pressure-says-dr-m

You sir, are a GENTLEMAN.....Props to Malaysians for electing such a boss.

God...Just observe the difference b/w Saudis leadership and Malaysian one. Didn't join Yemen war, got threatened....didn't join KL summit, well no worries....

Pakistan future lies with these sensible allies. Make that new alliance functional and drag Pakistan into it. Announce in that summit that Pakistan fully supports this initiative and will soon be part of it.

@rambro
And everyone on this forum was born yesterday. Guess we found the breaking point of IK's fabled "spine".

hamari laj rkh li

Kuch bhi hai, now the kids needs to cool down, IK ek summit mai kia nai j raha esa lag raha qiyamat a gae ..hahah chill karo yaar, Malaysia aur Turkey Jiger hai apne, kahen nai jaate hahaha

I am a IK supporter and you also deep down know that Mr. Mahatir is just being too kind to not to say the obvious thing that Khan did bend.

He is just protecting his kid Khan and Khan's dignity.

@jupiter2007 @Verve @Basel @Rafeh @StormBreaker

Chill kar bhai , Don't pretend to be smarter than the people sitting in Top positions and making these decisions , they are not dumbs'.

Dr. Mahathir has little choice but to be gracious. he does not have a kitty like the Saudi royals to give you money
plus he sells you billion dollars in unhealthy palm oil
you do realize India is one of the biggest buyer of that "unhealthy" Malaysian palm oil? That didn't bother him to side with Pakistan on Kashmir, Fatf and other issues.

you do realize India is one of the biggest buyer of that "unhealthy" Malaysian palm oil? That didn't bother him to side with Pakistan on Kashmir, Fatf and other issues.

India is not playing ball with Mahathir. they gave him the middle finger on RCEF
India is too poor to buy anything other than palm oil

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom