What's new

IIM Ahmedabad among top 39 elite business schools in the world

The result was probably based on IIM grads applying to other institutes for further studies. IIM's dont take GMAT.

You are making a fool of yourself in front of everyone here.

IIM's take CAT scores. CAT exams are far harder than GMAT.

CAT is a standardized test based on verbal/logic reasoning and quantitative skills. It is no different from GMAT. The score is easily equivalated.

GMAT Equivalent CAT Score
700 223
710 230
720 239
730 250

One after another, you guys sure love to make a mockery of yourself. You're the latest, LOL.

CAT is a standardized test based on verbal/logic reasoning and quantitative skills. It is no different from GMAT. The score is easily equivalated.

700 223
710 230
720 239
730 250

One after another, you guys sure love to make a mockery of yourself. You're the latest, LOL.
Oh good lord.
CAT is a percentile based system, not absolute scores because absolute scores vary more than what is normal for each year unlike Indian Board exams.
That makes it very hard to apply as a standard equivalent to GMAT based on a formula. It would have to be done each year separately.

And this again harks back to the same point that everyone has told you yet you seem hell bent on proving that you are fool.

IIM's dont accept GMAT. Would you like me to quote your post again to prove what you have written.

Oh good lord.
CAT is a percentile based system, not absolute scores because absolute scores vary more than what is normal for each year unlike Indian Board exams.
That makes it very hard to apply as a standard equivalent to GMAT based on a formula. It would have to be done each year separately.

And this again harks back to the same point that everyone has told you yet you seem hell bent on proving that you are fool.

IIM's dont accept GMAT. Would you like me to quote your post again to prove what you have written.

There is a reason why a certain bunch of you guys are a butt joke to many members here. Welcome to that group.
From your very from own IIM website:

IIMA and its Programmes (that use CAT scores) - IIMA

For candidates eligible to be considered using the GMAT, the following equivalent CAT scores for the GMAT scores will be applied:
700 223
710 230
720 239
730 250
740 258
750 267
760 283
770 289
780 298
790 311
800 377
The composite score will be calculated based on the equivalent CAT score and Application Rating as described above

Last edited:
There is a reason why a certain bunch of you guys are a butt joke to many other members here. From your very from own IIM website:

CAT is a test similar to GMAT only tougher.

Like GMAT, CAT results is used to gain admission into other 2nd tier colleges too. Certain colleges accepted GMAT or CAT or Both.

However it is unlikely that any student gets into IIM without giving CAT and only on GMAT scores.

GMAT test are easy to score off so they lack the credibility CAT has.

CAT is a test similar to GMAT only tougher.

Like GMAT, CAT results is used to gain admission into other 2nd tier colleges too. Certain colleges accepted GMAT or CAT or Both.

However it is unlikely that any student gets into IIM without giving CAT and only on GMAT scores.

GMAT test are easy to score off so they lack the credibility CAT has.

It's no secret that all American standardized tests are easier compared to European and Asian ones.
I'm not debating which is harder, but the point that Contrarian made. He said GMAT is not accept by IIM. And score cannot be equivalated.

And how is it any different from the statement - IIM's dont accept GMAT scores, they accept CAT scores?

It is not my responsibility to repeat myself again if you have limited cerebral capacity. Just go back and read post 33.

It's no secret that all American standardized tests are easier compared to European and Asian ones.
I'm not debating which is harder, but the point that Contrarian made. He said GMAT is not accept by IIM. And score cannot be equivalated.

I am sure he meant they are accepted but not useful unless the candidate comes with other extraordinary recommendations and achievements.

By and large, CAT score is pretty much the single parameter that gains you admission into IIM.

A pretty primitive admission system, but that is how it is.

Another reason is that CAT is percentile while GMAT is not. So its not possible to make comparative measurement.

I am sure he meant they are accepted but not useful unless the candidate comes with other extraordinary recommendations and achievements.

No, he said it outrightly that GMAT is NOT accepted. "IIM's dont accept GMAT "

By and large, CAT score is pretty much the single parameter that gains you admission into IIM.

Another reason is that CAT is percentile while GMAT is not. So its not possible to make comparative measurement.

At least there's someone here who's knowledgeable enough to know that standardized test is of secondary importance in MBA curriculum.

It is not my responsibility to repeat myself again if you have limited cerebral capacity. Just go back and read post 33.
I said the score is hard to equivalate. If it has to be done then it has to be done on a yearly basis to be accurate as CAT is a percentile system.

The main point that you clearly forget to enunciate is that IIM does NOT accept GMAT. Something you claimed that it does. Something now proven that you are wrong.

No i clearly meant that GMAT score is not accepted.
It is not. It is converted to a CAT level which is then put against the competing candidates.

And ofcourse, CAT is not only single element of consideration for admission. There are numerous other diverse factors, all are assigned weightages leading to a final score based on which admission is accorded.

At least there's someone here who's knowledgeable enough to know that standardized test is of secondary importance in MBA curriculum.

As far as the MBA curriculum is concerned the standardized test is quite suitable.

It is just not practical in real life where social intelligence and emotional intelligence is just as important or sometimes more important.

Dude. I am an alumnus from K and trust me we are nowhere behind A,B,C. Average placement salary for K was 13.5-14 L / annum and that of A was 14L, B was 13L and C was 14.5L. So to correct you A,B,C,L,K, XL will be among the best nowadays. Your rant of A,B,C being the only ones is old story. Lately the calculations have changed.

Hey Guy any idea about Strategic Management course (Distance learning) of IIM Kozikode. I have applied for it. Need a feedback from Guy like you badly.

You are wrong. Each IIM receive grants between 10 Cr to 25 Cr. per year.

Each IIM also receive non recurring grants of approx 10 Cr. per institute.

NDA during its tenure had whittled down the grans to IIM, the congress restarted the grants.

This is a country where govt. does not spend enough on primary education of Indians to make all Indians at least Literate :lol: .............this is the Nehru model.

Ok

Actually I wanted to go for one year executive course from IIM. When I inquired about the fees, I came to know that it is something around Rs 21 lakhs. So I thought that it is not subsidized but you may be right.

I said the score is hard to equivalate. If it has to be done then it has to be done on a yearly basis to be accurate as CAT is a percentile system.

The main point that you clearly forget to enunciate is that IIM does NOT accept GMAT. Something you claimed that it does. Something now proven that you are wrong.

From your very own IIM website, I shown you that

1) the score is equivalated

2) IIM accepts GMAT.

If you insist on disputing facts and figures, there's nothing I can do to prevent you from you making a complete fool of yourself.

Hey Guy any idea about Strategic Management course (Distance learning) of IIM Kozikode. I have applied for it. Need a feedback from Guy like you badly.

If you have applied for distance learning, better go for the cheapest course available.

Back
Top Bottom