What's new

IIM Ahmedabad among top 39 elite business schools in the world

The article talks about IIM you lazy bum. And IIMs don't take GMAT. Difficult to comprehend?

Stop making a fool of yourself. Go back and read the article.

Students at Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (780) and Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (767) have the highest average GMAT scores in the world, well ahead of the leading US institution Stanford (730), and INSEAD in Europe (704), the report said.

LOL, go back and read my post again. Keyword, "survey." A survey is a survey, doesn't matter from schools or recruiters, the point is it's not a scientific approach. You always ended up embarrassing yourself, :rofl:[/quote]

How do you think QS ranks world's top univeristies ??

QS World University Rankings: Methodology | Top Universities

Its all survey you idiot !!

Last edited:
IIMS DON'T TAKE GMAT MORON. This data is probably from IIM passouts who took GMAT to apply for Ph Ds abroad.

LOL, who are you trying to fool?
1) Read the article. IIM applicants take GMAT. It's the standard for MBA program globally.

2) Business Phd doesn't require MBA. And if you take MBA, you don't go for Phd right after it.

3) Phd applicant take GRE, not GMAT.

Your lie is busted.

Last edited:
LOL, go back and read my post again. Keyword, "survey." A survey is a survey, doesn't matter from schools or recruiters, the point is it's not a scientific approach. You always ended up embarrassing yourself, :rofl:

How do you think QS ranks world's top univeristies ??

QS World University Rankings: Methodology | Top Universities

Its all survey you idiot !!

LOL, you can't stop embarrassing yourself. I bashed QS world university ranking in my post, and now you pulled out QS world university to prove my point. :omghaha:

Go find out what is ranking methodology, how much is based on hard data rather than opinion based survey. Try AWRU methodology which is compiled by professors, not journalists.

I'm done with you, LOL.

Most academically brilliant students of the world (highest G MAT score in the world) study in Indian IIMS. Develop other B school in line with IIMs and engineering institutes in IIT line.

And the study in people's funds and got to work in Western countries..! its their rights but not in the cost of public money..!

No they don't only 1 or 2 gets International pay package... IIMs are a big myth except A-B-C rest all are crap.... i've many pals studying in them....I can vouch for IITs quality but IIMs sucks
Dude. I am an alumnus from K and trust me we are nowhere behind A,B,C. Average placement salary for K was 13.5-14 L / annum and that of A was 14L, B was 13L and C was 14.5L. So to correct you A,B,C,L,K, XL will be among the best nowadays. Your rant of A,B,C being the only ones is old story. Lately the calculations have changed.

Can you handle the truth? If you want the truth, I'll give you the truth, but don't call me 50 cent.

1) GMAT can be taken multiple times, if you don't score well, repeat it. PISA test can only be taken once.

2) Admission to elite MBA programs is based on a holistic approach, GMAT is only one of the many criterias. Only 3rd-rate institutions use GMAT as main admission criteria, hence, higher GMAT score.
(One has to be deluded to think that IIM is better than top 100 US MBA program just because it has a higher GMAT, LOL)

3) MBA is NO measure of academic rigour. MBAs don't do academic research work, the entire program is about case study and networking. Many MBA textbooks are the same as the ones undergraduate business program uses.

4) QS world university ranking is a laughing stock among academia, the Times Higher Education had to split from QS to form its own ranking.

This QS Global Business School Report is no different. The ranking is based on survey form, how scientific, LOL!!

Don't mean to burst the Indian bubble. Hope you can handle the truth.

LOL. This is the only sensible post in this thread.

IIM's is only a screening center to filter out the combination of naturally intelligent + hardworking.

Once they are screened, the kids are trained for serving corporate masters and who's goal is to make more money for their respective corporations and owners.

It comes nowhere close to institutions like Harvard (at least the Harvard of old) where the students are actually trained to be Leaders.

In fact I am yet to see an institute of higher learning in India that train people in Leadership. Most just churn out corporate slaves.

Last edited:
1) Read the article. IIM applicants take GMAT. It's the standard for MBA program globally.

2) Business Phd doesn't require MBA. And if you take MBA, you don't go for Phd right after it.

Your lie is busted.

GMAT is not required to get into IIMs (they wont take you even if you score 795 in GMAT)
And its easy to crack GMAT than CAT(entrance exam for IIMs)
In India, IIMs are preferred over International MBA, If a person is unable to crack CAT and can affored MBA outside India then he goes for GMAT

Dude. I am an alumnus from K and trust me we are nowhere behind A,B,C. Average placement salary for K was 13.5-14 L / annum and that of A was 14L, B was 13L and C was 14.5L. So to correct you A,B,C,L,K, XL will be among the best nowadays. Your rant of A,B,C being the only ones is old story. Lately the calculations have changed.
Its not just about the package its about the brand also.
Avg pay package of SJMSOM is higher than many IIMs still it does not figure out in top 10 B Schools in India.

IIM Ahmedabad's International Rankings since 2010

28mg50x.png

And the study in people's funds and got to work in Western countries..! its their rights but not in the cost of public money..!

I think that Fees in IIM is very high. They are not like Public Collages. They pay the cost out of their pocket and no public money are involved.

well if your academic background is high 70s or low 80s..and general category. IIMs (old ones) will be a dream.

K has bullshit criteria...srry for rant but i speak the truth...K, B, shillong have bullshit criterion...

FMS is damn good too

I think that Fees in IIM is very high. They are not like Public Collages. They pay the cost out of their pocket and no public money are involved.

You are wrong. Each IIM receive grants between 10 Cr to 25 Cr. per year.

Each IIM also receive non recurring grants of approx 10 Cr. per institute.

NDA during its tenure had whittled down the grans to IIM, the congress restarted the grants.

This is a country where govt. does not spend enough on primary education of Indians to make all Indians at least Literate :lol: .............this is the Nehru model.

Last edited:

Your lie is busted.
The result was probably based on IIM grads applying to other institutes for further studies. IIM's dont take GMAT.

You are making a fool of yourself in front of everyone here.

IIM's take CAT scores. CAT exams are far harder than GMAT.

Back
Top Bottom