What's new

‘If war breaks out … I will just become cannon fodder:’ In Taiwan, ex-conscripts feel unprepared for potential China conflict

I don't believe me, I don't believe you. what's wrong with it? I got banned for not believing you?
You get ban for being off topic, this topic is not about vietnamese or whether you believe I am Chinese.

Stop using nationality as pronoun, I don't really care whether you believe I am a Vietnamese or Chinese, you go down that road, I will report your post, and you will get banned, that's your last warning.

I didn't ask for your name,just for your age. What's the big deal?
It's a big deal when he lies about his age when he said he was "not in the recruitment age" because he would have to do it, instead of just trashing talking it.

You get ban for being off topic, this topic is not about vietnamese or whether you believe I am Chinese.

Stop using nationality as pronoun, I don't really care whether you believe I am a Vietnamese or Chinese, you go down that road, I will report your post, and you will get banned, that's your last warning.

It's a big deal when he lies about his age when he said he was "not in the recruitment age" because he would have to do it, instead of just trashing talking it.
You keep asking me this and that , after I answered you said you don't believe it. sure, you don't care, and please don't.

You keep asking me this and that , after I answered you said you don't believe it. sure, you don't care, and please don't.
Had you served in the Military? Yes or No?

Had you asked people "Will you fight in Iraq and Afghanistan?" Yes or No?

If you had not served yourself, what give you the right to question other people's allegiance?? I served 2 tours in the middle east, did I question you whether you will join the PLA before that post you made??

This is not about whether or not I believe you, this is about you don't go ask stupid questions like that like you are a PLA super soldier and did your part, this is next to stolen valor. and on top of that you are asking for a USAF vet, that's disrespect to the roof...It's like you ask whether or not I will go fight in Afghanistan or Iraq.

If you had not served yourself, what give you the right to question other people's allegiance?? I served 2 tours in the middle east, did I question you whether you will join the PLA before that post you made??

This is not about whether or not I believe you, this is about you don't go ask stupid questions like that like you are a PLA super soldier and did your part, this is next to stolen valor.
If we don't bellieve each other, what's the point for you to ask those quesitons? and what's the point to tell me those so called your credentials? I don't believe what you said anyway.

If we don't bellieve each other, what's the point for you to ask those quesitons? and what's the point to tell me those so called your credentials? I don't believe what you said anyway.
So you just talk big.

This is not about me, I didn't ask those question. Did I ask you whether or not you will fight for China in Taiwan before you ask him would you fight in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Can't you actually read?? I will ask you again

This is not about me, I didn't ask those question. Did I ask you whether or not you will fight for China in Taiwan before you ask him?

Can't you actaully read??

I will ask you again

If you don't believe why you ask, what if I say yes and what if I say no, and I don't believe you either.

Why are you afraid to tell your age then?
I just don't like to talk to you, why I need to talk to someone disgusting anything about me

If you don't believe why you asked, what if I say yes and what if I say no, and I don't believe you either.

I just don't like to talk to you, why I need to talk to someone disgusting about anything about me
The man is asking you a simple question. Yes or no?

As far as I concerned, blind nationalism is the reason why China is lacking on the soft power front.

As a Poly-Sci Major (Yes, it's that time to bring out my college qualification, which most people don't know and think of me because of my Military Background)

People ask how US expanded that quick and yield probably the biggest soft power stick in history, bear in mind, the concept of the unified West does not exist until after WW2. Before that, Western Europe is in constant war usually between Nordics, Germany, France and the Brits, it has been since at least 1400s. The next closest is Roman conquest that unified a large swarth of land.

People don't buy Nationalistic Bullshit, especially that nationality is not yours. The US did one thing very good is to pretend to listen to your concern, and then act on it, it may or may not be solving the issue, or even make the issue worse, but that make people care.

No one like to get help by someone who demand that you know who help them. Chinese people see their own interest first, which make it looks like the "help" they are giving you have an ulterior motive, while there are nothing wrong for the people of their country to put their interest first, but this is not how other people see thing.

I can probably go on and on about this, but I would just conclude this with a TL;DR version. China lack of the subtlety. And until Chinese can take a more pragmatic approach on things, or at least pretend to be. The Chinese can never yield high degree of soft power.

The most important aspect of soft power is exporting its culture, values, morals, and beliefs. The U.S. has been able to translate this into foreign policy, whereas the Chinese haven't been successful. One example is our movie industry; our movies are seen throughout the world, they exhibit the core beliefs of soft power, and people will attach themselves to specific ideas and would want that and develop a connection. Social Media is now the new guiding force and controlling the narrative. Our goods and services, like Apple, help create a global ecosystem; you then attach those nations and their people by the hip to you.

The Chinese, however, tried with their Confuscious Institutes, but honestly, they failed outright. Besides language, it didn't bring any exchange of culture.

Back
Top Bottom