What's new

If Vietnam can beat China, so can India. This is not 1962.

The Viets are good and persistent fighters but how exactly did Vietnam defeat China remains a mystery since we retreated before the main Viet army came back. The goal of the war was never about occupying Vietnam, it was to show Vietnam China could invade Vietnam easily, and they did exactly that. It was also to proof that Soviets will not help Vietnam. However, we lost the strategic goal of forcing Vietnam to wothdraw from Cambodia. We did however managed to capture Vietnamnese islands, etc. Overall, I would say it's a partial victory for China since our casualties were much lower than Vietnamnese casualties and the damage inflicted on Vietnam was severe, on the contrary, China did not suffer much damage on their side.
I don't say the Vietnamese win China in the war, in Vietnam, we rarely mention to the war. Because It happened in a short time and was less damage to the living of Vietnamese. I only don't agree with some sentence like that :
- China never lost any battle.
- China's casualties were much lower than Vietnamese casualties. I bet one thing the Chinese soldiers died more than Vietnamese many times. My father attended this war and some his friends got mad because of the massive killing. Of course, he also said Chinese soldiers improved so much after 1979. In 1986, some of the Chinese troops are good in fighting.
Yes, Vietnamese got no interests from the war so I don't need to argue Vietnamese win or not because it is nonsense. We only care independent and unification. No more!

I don't say the Vietnamese win China in the war, in Vietnam, we rarely mention to the war. Because It happened in a short time and was less damage to the living of Vietnamese. I only don't agree with some sentence like that :
- China's casualties were much lower than Vietnamese casualties. I bet one thing the Chinese soldiers died more than Vietnamese many times. My father attended this war and some his friends got mad because of the massive killing. Of course, he also said Chinese soldiers improved so much after 1979. In 1986, some of the Chinese troops are good in fighting.
Yes, Vietnamese got no interests from the war so I don't need to argue Vietnamese win or not because it is nonsense. We only care independent and unification. No more!
I think you should read history from a neutral source, Chinese sources were leaked by dissidents to US and it's a more logical number 6000-9000 Chinese troops killed by guerrilla warfare. China also learnt from US not to fight in the jungles but concentrate in the urban areas. Bulk of Vietnamese forces were in Hanoi for defense, and Cambodia, low possibility to inflict heavy damage on China. The Vietnamese did not dare face China head on, they were counting on Chinese withdrawal. We were already reaching the gates of Hanoi literally, but the message was sent, and we withdrew to the relief of Vietnam. I don't think China would have attacked Hanoi, if they did, the casualties would be immense. If we did attack Hanoi, then it is possible for Chinese casualties to reach that high. Else, I think 6k - 9k seems logical and Vietnamese death are mostly militias(more like civilians) in around 50-60k.

Btw, don't misunderstand me, China has no intention to conquer or colonize Vietnam, we are already big enough, just give us back those islands you took after KMT withdrew. Before 1949, all those islands were literally under KMT control, they withdrew and you guys came in to take in. When Mao ask Vietnam why they did that when China supported Vietcong, you know what Vietnamese answered? They said China is already so big, why not spare a few rocks for Vietnam. You betrayed us! We sacrificed our soldiers and equipment to give you independence.

I don't say the Vietnamese win China in the war, in Vietnam, we rarely mention to the war.
Yes, better to focus on economic development and livelihood of the people.
Hopefully Vietnam and China will continue to be good neighbors and progress and prosper.
Vietnam has done very well and I believe many prefer to invest in Vietnam instead of 3rd world India.

Its the Indians war mongering and belligerent nature that is causing all the present border troubles and making the Bhutanese hate them more for manipulating Bhutan for India's selfish needs.
http://wangchasangey.blogspot.sg/
Unfortunately the Indians have no substance and can only bully and annex their surrounding small countries, which they did.

India is now in a proverbial "between a hard rock and a hard place" of their own doing.
By insisting on talks only after India withdraw first, China is keeping India in suspense and sleep with nightmares wondering when or if China will strike them.
So funny watching Indians jumping up and down after every threat from China.

One such joke happened in Indian ocean just few days back. Juk type 52D's engine failed in Indian ocean and great chinese engineere (Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V) unable to fix it for weeks. It was a really a big joke. DO you know did it start or not or towed back to chinese coast. Next time when you send your Subs and warship to Indian ocean, sent some rescue vessels along with them so that great chinese navy's power can be demonstrated everywhere.

It was given to you. you can not take anything.

Yes, he was an idiot and not as great as MAO who killed 200 million chinese to enjoy his fantasy of 4 pest campaign still he is chinese hero. This shows which nation is full of Idiots.
:omghaha:

@ZeEa5KPul
Read Mr. Hanuman's post.

Your air marshal just try to ease you, not to piss your pants when facing J20..
J20 has a significant advantage over your planes and he has no way to counter

Chinese junk planes inventory is nowhere in our threat list.

Chinese junk planes inventory is nowhere in our threat list.
by the time IAF actually faces Chinese planes they wont have planes to retaliate because they all crashed.

i like how you avoid my answers because i slapped your face too hard

by the time IAF actually faces Chinese planes they wont have planes to retaliate because they all crashed.

i like how you avoid my answers because i slapped your face too hard

Like 9 J10 crashed in 2 years?

R u kidding me?
Vietnam got 3rd in Maths olympiad, but with more than 1BILLION people india has never achieved the same???
This is very very wrong, tremendous failure!
Tremendous failure of physical strengths and intellectual capacity.....
Even BD secured 26th, India 57th.
BD lost the gold medal only for a point, which could had put us within top 15.

Even BD secured 26th, India 57th.
BD lost the gold medal only for a point, which could had put us within top 15.

Our telentis not for competition. Our boys in their late thirties or early forties are sitting on the helm of multinationals. You can not enter in their cabin except serving the tea.

mate you started to sound like a broken record. you said the same thing before and i replied. maybe try a different tactic

Similarly, Chinese brag about their Junk plane inventory 24X7 as if chinese junk are F22 or PAKFA. We know very well what your capabilities are. Whenever you Brag about your capability, I shall remind you the same.

:omghaha:

@ZeEa5KPul
Read Mr. Hanuman's post.
I thought I just posted East Pendulum update...all the rumors about a 052D failing was from this french website, spread around the net and he got his sources from Taiwan media. Latest news is the ship didn't break down but was called back to Hainan for something again from Mr. Henri.

Like 9 J10 crashed in 2 years?
Erm, do you even have sources? Last I heard India was the champion of air crashes. :lol:

Falswe flagger.

First there is no huge military unbalance between China and India. Look at the Global Firepower ranking...China is ranked third while India fourth on Global military power. Second...China has no real fighting experience...India has been fighting Pakistan everyday since last 40 year on the some of the highest mountains in the world and has success fought 4 full time war with Pakistan. Third...you are fighting not in planes but on mountains and in Jungles...India's mountain and Jungle warfare in the best in the world...even US comes to India to learn the war tactics on those areas...

India is repeating the history, full of confidence and bumptious, same as pre-1962. sad:sad:

Back
Top Bottom