What's new

If the F/A 18 Super Hornet Wins the MMRCA

No, its my bill and your bill too:), its my money gvt is using, I hate those big tax deductions on my salary slips every month:P...

heee heee Come here .. you wont hate it :P... You can contribute in different way to them via Foreign exchange.. win - win situation

Boeing is studying a centerline pod, which will have four internal stations for AIM-120 AMRAAMs and 500-lb Joint Direct Attack Munitions in a similar fashion to the Boeing F-15SE Silent Eagle's Conformal Weapons Bays, but with less stealth. Other improvements include a chin mounted IRST and all aspect missile and laser warning, in the same fashion as the F-35.

Boeing has offered India a "International Super Hornet Roadmap" which includes:

* Conformal fuel tanks
* Enhanced Performance Engines
* Spherical missile / laser warning
* Enclosed weapons pod
* Next-generation cockpit
* Internal Infra-Red Search & Track (IRST)
The F/A-18E/F's radar cross section was reduced greatly from some aspects, mainly the front and rear. The design of the engine inlets reduces the aircraft's frontal radar cross section. The alignment of the leading edges of the engine inlets is designed to scatter radiation to the sides. Fixed fanlike reflecting structures in the inlet tunnel divert radar energy away from the rotating fan blades
The Super Hornet also makes considerable use of panel joint serration and edge alignment. Considerable attention has been paid to the removal or filling of unnecessary surface join gaps and resonant cavities. Where the F/A-18A-D used grilles to cover various accessory exhaust and inlet ducts, the F/A-18E/F uses perforated panels that appear opaque to radar waves at the frequencies used. Careful attention has been paid to the alignment of many panel boundaries and edges, to scatter traveling waves away from the aircraft.

It is claimed that the Super Hornet employs the most extensive radar cross section reduction measures of any contemporary fighter, other than the F-22 and F-35. While the F/A-18E/F is not a true stealth fighter like the F-22, it will have a frontal RCS an order of magnitude smaller than prior generation fighters.[35]:D:tup::whistle::P

o k, fair enough .
please explain to me how many EFs will be required to counter the mrca threat (posssibly f18) and also how will pakistan government plans to buy them at €63 million each.

no need to buy efs because paf already plan for it and that is j 10b:pakistan:

Are you sure you are talking about Typhoons and not Chinese J-17 thunder? :woot::woot:

If yes, then all the best with Chinese J-10!!:rofl::rofl:

You have no idea about J-10B/FC-20 do you?

From what we know it's a 4.5gen fighter with; AESA, IRST, DSI, high capacity data-link, a nice ECM/EW suite and it has targeting and jamming pods.

To all my Indian friends!

The time will tell if we able to or not. PAF has over $12 bln in funds at current.

errr correction that is aid. do try to use it for what its meant for. you can have a EFT poster in your bedroom to make you happy !!! and who might you be ,Pakistan finance minister?

What do you guys think?
we think you are high!!

You have no idea about J-10B/FC-20 do you?

From what we know it's a 4.5gen fighter with; AESA, IRST, DSI, high capacity data-link, a nice ECM/EW suite and it has targeting and jamming pods.

I exactly know what J-10 is!! AESA in J-10??? When did this happen?

Which FILAT it uses can you elaborate?

Secondly, I was replying to Typhoon being compared to J-10!!

Typhoon is way out of its league!

errr correction that is aid. do try to use it for what its meant for. you can have a EFT poster in your bedroom to make you happy !!! and who might you be ,Pakistan finance minister?

No, it's not aid. We've got 10 billion in aid so far, how can PAF have 12 billion in aid? Then on top of that, only a fraction goes to PAF. At best only a tiny fraction of what it has comes from aid.

It is claimed that the Super Hornet employs the most extensive radar cross section reduction measures of any contemporary fighter, other than the F-22 and F-35. While the F/A-18E/F is not a true stealth fighter like the F-22, it will have a frontal RCS an order of magnitude smaller than prior generation fighters.[35]:D:tup::whistle::P

you guys can bargain for about 40 or so F/A-18 to be wired from the factory for future Growler EW duties..

also since you are building the engines you could also make a few TVC capable air crafts

check this video of a hornet with TVC

:usflag:

Last edited by a moderator:
No, it's not aid. We've got 10 billion in aid so far, how can PAF have 12 billion in aid? Then on top of that, only a fraction goes to PAF. At best only a tiny fraction of what it has comes from aid.

didnt mean any disrespect to the pakistani funds sir:)..i was only replying to the so called finance minister of pakistan who accurately stated the current funds..

Are you sure you are talking about Typhoons and not Chinese J-17 thunder? :woot::woot:

If yes, then all the best with Chinese J-10!!:rofl::rofl:

dear f/A 18 is an old 3.5th generation fighter and with MMRCA it becom a 4th generation and after 4 r 5 years usa will retir these fighters because there is no series like f 16 and thyphon is also a 4th generation while j 10B is a brand new with a latest avoinic and will b available in 2013 r 14.:pakistan:

dear f/A 18 is an old 3.5th generation fighter and with MMRCA it becom a 4th generation and after 4 r 5 years usa will retir these fighters because there is no series like f 16 and thyphon is also a 4th generation while j 10B is a brand new with a latest avoinic and will b available in 2013 r 14.:pakistan:

F-18 hornet was a true 4th gen fighter!

F-18 Super Hornet is a 4.5gen fighter!
It will last the longest of all American fighters with the USAF and UN.

Anyone of the mmrca 6 contenders will scare the hell out of the neighbours ..

F18 Super Hornets or Typhoons in particular will simply give india the best equipped air force in asia. Even better Than Russia & China

If you think i,m lying Tell me Which air power is better than

272 Su30mki
126 Super Hornets/Typhoons

With PAK FA coming up on the outside

F-18 hornet was a true 4th gen fighter!

F-18 Super Hornet is a 4.5gen fighter!
It will last the longest of all American fighters with the USAF and UN.

tell me how many countries have F/A 18 and from which year

Back
Top Bottom