What's new

If Pakistan had captured Kashmir......

India would also accept Kashmir going to Pakistan. It was headed there anyway.

Don't be ridiculous, best option would be the Kashmir Valley, Poonch, and part of Kargil.

Any residents that want to shift between the borders get compensation and free passage.

With the DEMAND that all of Kashmir & Jammu be demilitarized. No tanks/ heavy artillery/ hundreds of airforce jets. Free unhindered passage of religious pilgrims.

Just end this fu<king dispute and move the fu<k on.

If Pakistan had captured Kashmir in 1948, China and India would be BFFs ,probably bound together in a NATO like alliance,

Nonsense!
You would still be fighting China over Indian occupied South Tibet.

Check the Kashmir maps, detailed and with different regions. Pakistan has about 44% of Kashmir total area and India about 56% of total area. Pakistan has captured a very large part of Kashmir that includes Gilgit Baltistan, and AJK in 1948 war, so this has to be acknowledged.

Actually China also holds Aksai Chin which it captured from India in 1962 war, this excludes the area between India and Pakistan, and China claims that part. Shaksgam valley, a small part was gifted by Pakistan to China.

azad-kashmir-map.gif

I can't help but wondering. How would the political situation in the subcontinent been any different had Pakistan successfully captured Kashmir say in 1948, 1962 or even 1965?

If Kashmir had become a part of Pakistan would East Pakistan still have broken away from us? Even if not in 1971 or then still somewhere in the future?

How would have a defeated Kashmir-less India maintained its relationship with Pakistan? Would it have made peace with Pakistan? Would it have sought revenge? Would it have still maintained a hostile posture towards Pakistan? Would it still have pursued nuclear weapons? Would Pakistan have followed suit?

How would this changed geo-political scenario have had an affect on Pakistan's involvement in the so-called Afghan jihad? Would Pakistan still have been fighting the war on terror on its soil?

Some stuff I keep pondering every now and then.
Your views please

Interesting questions. IMO, Bangladesh would have happened anyways. It could have been a little less bloody though if Kashmir had been resolved in 48 or so.

And I believe South Asia would have been a much happier and wealthier place.

Capture Kashmir in your dreams but just for sake of alternative scenario:Pakistan then would had tried to capture parts of Afghanistan next. No one can clearly day about relation between India and Pakistan after that. I guess normal relations if Pakistan had got full Kashmir in 1948. In 1962, 1965, or later India would never had settled for it.
why pakistan need yo captur afghanistan

From the time of Independence Kashmir has been partially divided by two parts.

hehe, look at the title of the thread which starts with big " IF" that speaks enough of this crap post.

Last edited:
Capture Kashmir in your dreams but just for sake of alternative scenario:Pakistan then would had tried to capture parts of Afghanistan next. No one can clearly day about relation between India and Pakistan after that. I guess normal relations if Pakistan had got full Kashmir in 1948. In 1962, 1965, or later India would never had settled for it.

there wont be a need for many wars after that
unless modi wanted to take kashmir back but would be hard with the kashmiris siding with Pakistan

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom