What's new

if pak army is taking preliminary tests before recruitment why 60% marks in Fsc are prerequisite???

Bro apply for navy on matric basis. age limit is 21. Last date 26th February.
Pakistan-Navy-Sailor-Batch-A-2017.jpg

recently the registration for PMA LC 140 has started and i applied with 60% marks in matric and 50% marks in Fsc but i am not eligible to even apply for "evaluation".this doesn't makes any sense to me.why? because the marks that i got in Fsc represent how good i have memorized the books in the Fsc syllabus.they in anyway don't show the rest of my abilities and skills.

lets say there is a person who has some exceptional skills and is determined to utilize them for the greater good of pak army but he is not allowed to do so just because he couldn't memorize the stuff which wont be useful to him for the rest of his life.
in my opinion everybody should have the chance to serve their country.
since there are lots of people here who know about military so i want to have their opinion on this...

Sorry bro but I don't not agree with you. Military officer have to be able to memorize lots of information and be able to utilise it. You will be responsible.for lives of soldiers under your command. If the simple criteria is to remember stuff and repeat and you were too lazy then sadly you do not deserve the opportunity.
You mentioned special abilities. What special abilities do you have that no one else has.

You may think I am being harsh but sometimes one needs a kick in.the teeth to realise the facts.

17-24 years...

Talking like this won't help you in getting Army, the rules will stay for a long time, improve any two papers in which you got low numbers or the one's you think you can improve. Do the maths with your FSC numbers and calculate how many numbers you need to make 60 %

In term of bravery and love for your nation certainly every one wants to serve but of course the Military as to mainatin certain standards and 60-65% marks range is a reasonable ask for entry level consideration

Some roles with Military are less technical in nature etc

Last edited:
Talking like this won't help you in getting Army, the rules will stay for a long time, improve any two papers in which you got low numbers or the one's you think you can improve. Do the maths with your FSC numbers and calculate how many numbers you need to make 60 %
let me repeat it again for you the purpose of me having this conversation is not to get commission in the army but i am here to talk about something which prevents some very talented people from serving their country..
Sorry bro but I don't not agree with you. Military officer have to be able to memorize lots of information and be able to utilise it. You will be responsible.for lives of soldiers under your command. If the simple criteria is to remember stuff and repeat and you were too lazy then sadly you do not deserve the opportunity.
You mentioned special abilities. What special abilities do you have that no one else has.

You may think I am being harsh but sometimes one needs a kick in.the teeth to realise the facts.
thank you very much for pointing out that i was lazy and might i also add that i have tons of other habbits which make me non suitable for military...but this isn't about me is it?..previously you said that
Military does involves , determining logistics of your enemy positions
Understand the messages coming from your support groups about positions

You have to read charts
You have to calculate the trajectory and path of the shell fall out
You have to know basic math
You should also have proper communication skills to communicate effectively with your peers in battle

Of course Intelligence and Educational skills go hand in hand with bravery

Obviously the better equiped you are intellectually the better chance you have of being a solid Engineer , Pilot and other Key roles with military

Certainly for Airforce pilots , you also have to have additional skills and same with all Engineering Jobs that support complex machinery and Weapons system

So makes sense why the Military might want folks to succeed in school prior to coming to take Military exams for joing military. It would however be a good idea if Military had certain "Pre Application" 8-12 Month course designed to bring students up to speed Acedemically
now to what you said earlier i completely agree there are lots of charts maths and paperwork infact the academics of a person play a crucial role in military if a person is illiterate he is completely useless..i am not that stupid to suggest that army should hire uneducated jarheads....but if you would've completely understood that point i am trying to make then there wouldn't be such strife...let me give an example to people who have no idea of what im saying..lets say you need a mobile phone and you go to a shop where there are advertisements of different kinds of phones now if you are a sensible person you wont be making any decision biased from that false advertisement right? until you completely find out about a phone's features you will not buy it...and infact you will run benchmarks on different kinds of phones to evaluate their performance..and based on performance you will make your choice..but you are making a very big mistake you are rejecting all the phones that are not well advertised now bad advertisement is a fault of company not your's...but what if that poorly advertised phone might be more efficient and good quality then the rest??...and that my friend is the point i am trying to make....

At end of day , for none techinical roles anyone with "Brave soul" is sufficient but for Tactical roles that demand handling of "complex" machinery or calculations obviously you need certain qualification. The standards Pakistan Military / Navy or Airforce have are certainly for good reason.

Technical competence has strong corelation to solid educational foundation

Some roles can be filled and people can be trained , which may be repetitive functions or operations , however the student / cadet does have to showcase their learning capabilities (again we go back to edcuational foundations)

The standard for Technical roles is quite high as many have indicated , and it is not only education , intellect is also examined which are two different birds

Fair estimate that people should focus on enhancing their education , fitness is something you can do on the side before you attempt to join military

Age 8-15 is certainly the most important period for students to develop their learning skills

Marks attained do showcase potential for future "Learning" capabilities which attracts people to perhaps consider a particular candidate etc for approval also having a proper physique is also needed specially for militry role (Fitness etc)

For Navy (Strong Swimming skill is certainly a nice plus )

Last edited:
its used as first level filtering... they are probably getting a lot of candidates with 60% above marks.. its cheap way to manage tests.

At end of day , for none techinical roles anyone with "Brave soul" is sufficient but for Tactical roles that demand handling of "complex" machinery or calculations obviously you need certain qualification. The standards Pakistan Military / Navy or Airforce have are certainly for good reason.

Technical competence has strong corelation to solid educational foundation

Some roles can be filled and people can be trained , which may be repetitive functions or operations , however the student / cadet does have to showcase their learning capabilities (again we go back to edcuational foundations)

The standard for Technical roles is quite high as many have indicated , and it is not only education , intellect is also examined which are two different birds

Fair estimate that people should focus on enhancing their education , fitness is something you can do on the side before you attempt to join military

Age 8-15 is certainly the most important period for students to develop their learning skills

Marks attained do showcase potential for future "Learning" capabilities which attracts people to perhaps consider a particular candidate etc for approval also having a proper physique is also needed specially for militry role (Fitness etc)

For Navy (Strong Swimming skill is certainly a nice plus )
to you i have this simple statement...give me a name of student with 60% marks in Fsc and understands all the complex machinery the military has and can do all the technical roles required by army...obviously there isn't any because a fresh student coming out of college has no idea about military stuff some of the curious minds do know a little know how but they cant be regarded as professional's even if they have excellent academics,say 90% marks...but it all comes down to training where they learn to do stuff they need to do..lets say you take a candidate with 90% marks and his curiosity is 45% in military and then there is a guy who has 45% marks and his curiosity in military is above 90%,now i ask you this..among both which one will do better in the military??

@umer ramzan

It's simple. No point in complaining. You cannot change the system. You have to become part of the system to make changes. To do that you need 60% to qualify. If you can't then that's the end of the matter.

@umer ramzan

It's simple. No point in complaining. You cannot change the system. You have to become part of the system to make changes. To do that you need 60% to qualify. If you can't then that's the end of the matter.

Bharti love scaper. Perhaps you will one day wake your honor.

@umer ramzan

i am not complaining to anyone...maybe you were unable to understand...i needed a professional opinion on my suggestion for the military...

its used as first level filtering... they are probably getting a lot of candidates with 60% above marks.. its cheap way to manage tests.
certainly is a cheap way but not a proper way...

i am not complaining to anyone...maybe you were unable to understand...i needed a professional opinion on my suggestion for the military...

certainly is a cheap way but not a proper way...
many other places they have such filtering.. not unique to pak army.. if they scrap that and still get high volume of applicants then they will need a prelim test just to qualify and then a main test... that will probably be fairer but time consuming and expensive.

Back
Top Bottom