What's new

If Modi wins election, neighbours can expect a more muscular India

1. Kashmir issue needs closure ...India will have to be prepared to deal with dictators ...and india has in the past too .
Inviting Musharraf to Aga summit was the most prudent thing .
A clear big NO ,what closure ? their is absolutely nothing which we gain from it.

2. Kandahar - as I said we were not prepared ..that's why we committed blunder by letting plane refuel and fly out of Indian terrain . Here bureaucracy failed to live upto the challenge . Govt was helpless after we lost the initial opportunity .
cannot blame it all on bureaucracy ,blunder has to accepted.in front of global eyes we were seen not soft but a weak state.

3. Iran and Sri lanka issues have not been managed well. our flip flop have proved that we are not reliable allies . India's loss is China's gain . There will be repercussion in future ...Mark my words .
we are not allies, we have a position when Iran gave statements on kashmir their was bound to be some reaction.More than china's gain we have to look at our losses.

4. China tent issue - There have been incursion in the past ....But first time we were exposed thoroughly . India has no policy and mechanism if similar incident recurs .It was major national embarrassment ...it took India 20 days to get out of indian territory and India had to demolish its posts in concerned area as trade off .Nothing to boast of it .

the mechanism was in place and what do you expect to escalate the issue to a minor conflict ?

5 . BRIC - Our economy has nosedived ..thanks to abysmal fiscal management
agree so does russia's and brazilian one BRIC is here to stay ,even china slowed down

6. Maldives - Our limitations even in our backyard stand exposed ...It's an open invitation to the enemy .

and China will not miss the opportunity .
you under estimate our influence on maldive ,it was a strange situation but doesn't give much space to china.

7. We were nuclear state from 1974 . that's an overstatement- if that was the case why PV Narsimha aRao was preparing to conduct tests ...
India become Nuclear weapon state in 1992 ...
by definition we were nuclear state from 1974.but i donot see tests in abv era as faults.they were needed.

We have emerged as weak nation with no direction and no clout under UPA .

Our PM may skipped his meeting at the Commonwealth Head of Government Meeting (CHOGM) held in Sri Lanka. Predicrably, considering the looming elections Tamil Nadu based political parties (in an attempt by the DMK to shift focus from the gargantuan 2G spectrum scam as it faces an impending whitewash in the upcoming elections)had started dictating what to do to our government and the PM guess what? gave in to their demands reinforcing the notion of absence of independence of foreign policy. India being a federation of states will have consultations between the centre and states but dictation of foreign policy to centre and its acceptance by the centre is bizzare.
Sri Lankan Tamils are not even Indian nationals whereas when Indian nationals are getting slaughtered the same PM didnt find it necessary to skip his meeting with his Pakistan counterpart. Why the double standards? this PM decided to send his external affairs minister to the same CHOGM meet. What for ?
easier said than done issues in sri lanka are complex specially when you have a coalition with either DMK or jaya.

like it or not it affects local tamils with the situation of tamils in sri lanka and foreign policy has to accommodate that .

upa has it's pluses what about nuclear deal.

what about 4 out of 5 unsc permanent members agreeing for our unsc seat.

what about our position on iran sanctions ,ukrain issue. italy marine issue, devyani issue.

stop worrying about facts about Pakistan, you should be happy that we are broke, now start worrying about half a billion shit poor of might rich india, or the 70 million taking dump on the streets, or the epidemic of rape spreading like a plague, or half the country fighting for independence due to oppression and injustice, or more than million murders a year of innocent baby girls...............you see there are more fact about india to worry about than our economic condition
Are you really that thick?? First you said that i am obsessed with Pakistan and now you are saying that i am worrying about Pakistan.Read my post again 10 times.Why should i worry for a nation which is on the verge of bankruptcy,Cant even pay its own loans,Depends upon aids,where rape and pedophilism is legalized in the name of Islam,millions are living in poverty,Got sliced into two parts and will be divided again in near future.Where minorities are running away to other country,Sovereignity is regulary breached by America,.people get regulary pounded by drones,nobody is safe andcountry is full of suicide bombers,Where children are dying from polio and mothers a cant even give birth to there child.
Give me one good reason.

Last edited:
A clear big NO ,what closure ? their is absolutely nothing which we gain from it.

We do not gain anything from resolution of Kashmir issue ???

cannot blame it all on bureaucracy ,blunder has to accepted.in front of global eyes we were seen not soft but a weak state.

I am not blaming it on bureaucracy alone . There was no contingency plan ..that's why we committed such a blunder .
We lost the plot once we let the plane refuel and leaver Indian airspace ...
Government has too take blame . and as I said it was a major debacle .

the mechanism was in place and what do you expect to escalate the issue to a minor conflict ?

Did isay anything about escalating the situation in minor conflict ..we had again no contingency plan to handle such situation.
instead of putting diplomatic pressure to resolve issue quickly ..we waited and waited ... it took Chinses 20 days to get off .
Damn they were 30 kn deep inside Indian territory ..It was not a routine incursion. It exposed the fact that we are not prepared to handle such situations ...

you under estimate our influence on maldive ,it was a strange situation but doesn't give much space to china..

You overestimate our influence on Maldives . Duly won contract of an Indian company was canceled in unceremonious way , it was a message for India to keep off ...
we failed understand what is happening there .. China will exploit the situation ...mark my words . slowly and surely it will.

Last edited:
by definition we were nuclear state from 1974.but i donot see tests in abv era as faults.they were needed..

We went nuclear because of Chinese nuclear build up ...
Congress regimes had no spine ..they buckled under US pressure .
NDA kept its promise . We know 1998 marks watershed year in international history as world first time arrival of India .
world's perception towards us changed dramatically ...
It was matter of shame that it took another quarter century to follow on 1974 ...thanks to spineless Congress governments ...

what about nuclear deal ?

what about 4 out of 5 unsc permanent members agreeing for our unsc seat.

what about our position on iran sanctions ,ukrain issue. italy marine issue, devyani issue.

Nuclear deal has done no good to us so far ...it has tied our hands under IAEA . Pakistan continues to receive same benefits from china without those very obligations ...

If 4/5 UNSC are supporting us on UNSC ..it's due to work done in AB Vajpayee era . MMS-UPA has nothing to boast about it .

we mishandled all including Iran sanctions , Italian marines as well as Devyani issue ...

You must be brave to enlist these as UPA achievements ....

We do not gain anything from resolution of Kashmir issue ???

our position only gets weakened .

i am not blaming it on bureaucracy alone . There was no contingency plan ..that's why we committed such a blunder .
We lost the plot once we let the plane refuel and leaver Indian airspace ...
Government has too take blame . and as I said it was a major debacle .

agree .

Did isay anything about escalating the situation in minor conflict ..we had again no contingency plan to handle such situation.
instead of putting diplomatic pressure to resolve issue quickly ..we waited and waited ... it took Chinses 20 days to get off .
Damn they were 30 kn deep inside Indian territory ..It was not a routine incursion. It exposed the fact that we are not prepared to handle such situations ...
the mechanism of handling border management issue through dialogue was in place ,it was used .

what difference do you expect a modi govt to take .killing them ?

what about NDA abv govt accepting one china policy and gifting tibet ?

You overestimate our influence on Maldives . Duly won contract of an Indian company was canceled in unceremonious way , it was a message for India to keep off ...
we failed understand what is happening there .. China will exploit the situation ...mark my words . slowly and surely it will.
It was a political issue but doesn't give china much space.

we should stop putting issues on third country as a zero sum game btw India and China.

do you think if china gets close to our neighbours we can't do the same ?

how about our growing military closeness with japan n vietnam

We went nuclear because of Chinese nuclear build up ...
Congress regimes had no spine ..they buckled under US pressure .
NDA kept its promise . We know 1998 marks watershed year in international history as world first time arrival of India .
world's perception towards us changed dramatically ...
It was matter of shame that it took another quarter century to follow on 1974 ...thanks to spineless Congress governments ...

nuclear program started by congress first tests conducted by congress ,nuclear research continued under congress .congress govt under US pressure ? us relations with gandhis specially Indira are quite famous have a look to that.

Nuclear deal has done no good to us so far ...it has tied our hands under IAEA . Pakistan continues to receive same benefits from china without those very obligations ...

If 4/5 UNSC are supporting us on UNSC ..it's due to work done in AB Vajpayee era . MMS-UPA has nothing to boast about it .

we mishandled all including Iran sanctions , Italian marines as well as Devyani issue ...

You must be brave to enlist these as UPA achievements ....
bec of nuclear deal we have done several nuclear fuel, technology trade agreements with numerous country ,our deal didn't happened only with USA it opened us to several other countries for nuclear trade.

australia's yellow cake is reaching our shores.

you have to give credit where it's due upa had 4/5 unsc permanent members agreeing to our unsc seat.

iranion oil didn't stopped,it continued,americans agreed to that.

italy is dancing to EU TO UN still it is the court in India which will decide their marines fate.

we took on USA over devyani ,such stance is shown by very few countries.

People of India should give absolute majority to what ever Govt. that is going to form after this General Elections. India needs to implement economic policies quick and fast!!

Modi deserves a chance, and so does Kejriwal....but it think modi should prove himself in next 5-10 years as a PM and kejriwal should build a strong non corrupt party. I respect both these great personalities to be honest.

Yendians must realize that Pakistan and Pakistanis have never given bhart mataa any respect. Whether Manmohan or Modi, we give 0 fucks.

Indian can flex else where. :rofl:
u dont need to coz u dont matter, go and compete with somalia and afganistan, the category which pakis fit right in

Are you really that thick?? First you said that obsessed with Pakistan and now you are saying that i am worrying about Pakistan.Read my post again 10 times.Why should i worry for a nation which is on the verge of bankruptcy,Cant even pay its own loans,Depends upon aids,where rape and pedophilism is legalized in the name of Islam,millions are living in poverty,Got sliced into parts and will be divided again in near future.Where minorities are running away to other cuntry,Sovereignity is regulary breached by America,.people get regulary pounded by drones,nobody is safe and full of suicide bombers,Where children are dying from polio and mothers a cant even give birth to there child.
Give me one good reason.

if you sit next to a mad destitute drug addict carrying a weapon on public transport, you WOULD worry about him. Of course he's a failed nobody, but he does have nuisance value in situations he will use to blackmail others for freebies.

Anyway - on topic - No major change to foreign policy, NO WAY! India may grow a little cold towards US, but I'm sure US will get their act together and make sure the past between them and Modi is forgotten.

Modi deserves a chance, and so does Kejriwal....but it think modi should prove himself in next 5-10 years as a PM and kejriwal should build a strong non corrupt party. I respect both these great personalities to be honest.

If Kejriwal is so honest why has he not vacated the Delhi CM official house yet ? ......... or does he have 85,000 Rent to pay them every month ? .....Where is that kind of money going to come from ?

Do not let your emotion cloud your judgement.

More than "honesty" is Kejriwal ETHICAL ? ........ nothing so far he has done or said shows him to be ethical either.

If Kejriwal is so honest why has he not vacated the Delhi CM official house yet ? ......... or does he have 85,000 Rent to pay them every month ? .....Where is that kind of money going to come from ?

Do not let your emotion cloud your judgement.
I know you must be a hardcore NaMo supporter but Kejriwal is a great personality, you will see him maturing in coming years

I know you must be a hardcore NaMo supporter but Kejriwal is a great personality, you will see him maturing in coming years
I Hope Congress Will Let Him Survive Till Next Time :rolleyes::rolleyes:

We don't need Muscular India . We need a Brainy India . And I don't want Modi to be as stupid as Moditards are . Expecting him to wage a war on Pakistan as soon as he wins .

Nope. No war is required and India needs to focus on building the economy for at least 2 decades.

We just need to manage the relations with Pakistan and avoid things from boiling over.

With all other neighbors there is scope for improving trade and relations and setting the red lines where needed.

Back
Top Bottom