What's new

"If a terror incident has been claimed by TTP it still doesn’t mean that it has been carried out by TTP." Spokesperson KP Government

Definitely India. No one else.
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic but :)

You're overthinking it, this happened near Peshawar and it was at the time of heightened internal insurgency from TTP. They wanted to apply pressure on the state and army like they always claim. Many officers were also shot during the attack. In all likelihood it was TTP.

Even if it was India, it would be through another terror group and they would claim responsibility.

This is just a far-fetched rumour at best.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic but :)

You're overthinking it, this happened near Peshawar and it was at the time of heightened internal insurgency from TTP. They wanted to apply pressure on the state and army like they always claim. Many officers were also shot during the attack. In all likelihood it was TTP.

Even if it was India, it would be through another terror group and they would claim responsibility.

This is just a far-fetched rumour at best.
I dont think that destroying naval assets, that too which are India specific, was a work of any ttp or Alquaida etc.

I dont think that destroying naval assets, that too which are India specific, was a work of any ttp or Alquaida etc.
Why would the government pin it on TTP rather than just claiming another attack took place by X group?

I just think a known group chose a target which was accessible and it happened to have that asset.

Keep in mind PAF bases and other military targets are commonly targeted previously, some officers even joined the TTP and created plans to infiltrate these targets in attacks, search Adnan Rashid.

To me your claim is simply too far-fetched and all evidence points towards TTP or one of the other groups.

Why would the government pin it on TTP rather than just claiming another attack took place by X group?

I just think a known group chose a target which was accessible and it happened to have that asset.

Keep in mind PAF bases and other military targets are commonly targeted previously, some officers even joined the TTP and created plans to infiltrate these targets in attacks, search Adnan Rashid.

To me your claim is simply too far-fetched and all evidence points towards TTP or one of the other groups.
A plan to hijack a Navel F22 frigate and hit a nearby US carrier or warship stationed in the Indian Ocean... a very famous case.

5 Navy Officers Sentenced to Death in Pakistan for Trying to Attack US Warship​

The five officers allegedly tried to steal a Pakistani warship to attack a U.S. naval vessel.
Franz-Stefan Gady

By Franz-Stefan Gady
May 25, 2016

5 Navy Officers Sentenced to Death in Pakistan for Trying to Attack US Warship

Credit: Wikimedia Commons/Mak Hon Keong
At least five officers of the Pakistan Navy received death sentences in a secret military trial for allegedly trying to hijack a Pakistan Navy vessel to attack a U.S. Navy refueling ship, Daily Pakistan reports.

The officers were convicted of planning and orchestrating the September 6, 2014, attack on the Karachi Naval Dockyard located at Pakistan’s Arabian Sea coast. The attack was thwarted by Pakistani military personnel with purportedly two attackers killed and four arrested alive (some sources cite 10 killed, including four rogue naval officers).

The attackers allegedly attempted to hijack the F-22P Zulfiquar-class frigate Zulfiqar, the lead ship of its class, with the intention of using the ship’s missiles to attack a U.S. Navy refuel vessel in the Arabian Sea (other sources claim that the target was a U.S. aircraft carrier).

According to the father of one convict, retired Major Saeed Ahmed, his son, Sub-Lieutenant Hammad Ahmed, along with four other officers—Irfanullah, Muhammad Hammad, Arsalan Nazeer, and Hashim Naseerhas—has been convicted of the attack on the dockyard on April 12 by a Navy Tribunal, Dawn newspaper reports.

DIPLOMAT BRIEF​

WEEKLY NEWSLETTER​

N
Get briefed on the story of the week, and developing stories to watch across the Asia-Pacific.
GET THE NEWSLETTER
“My son told me that a naval court had awarded death penalty to him and four other officers after a secret trial,” Ahmed said. “The convicted officers informed me that the naval court concluded the trial on April 12 and promulgated the sentence on April 14.”

Enjoying this article? Click here to subscribe for full access. Just $5 a month.

Furthermore, Ahmed said that the five were charged with mutiny, conspiracy, carrying weapons in the dockyard, and also with having links to the terror group Islamic State. (Previous reports spoke of links to Al-Qaeda.) He also said that authorities denied his son a fair trial and that the navy did not provide him with the court proceedings.

“I wrote a letter to the Judge Advocate General (JAG) of the navy on August 15, 2015, asking him to provide the opportunity of a defense counsel to my son,” Ahmed said. “The navy JAG on Sept 21 replied that the option of defense counsel would be available at the time of trial.”

However, the hearing had already been concluded at an undisclosed location while Ahmed was waiting for the commencement of trial. He only recently found out that his son along with the other four suspects had been transferred to the Karachi central prison.

According to Daily Pakistan, “the legal counsel of Sub-Lieutenant Hammad Ahmed, (…) said that naval officials had not specified details of the crime, trial and the punishment. He added that once these details were provided, his client would file an appeal at the Naval Appeal Court.”

Ahmed suspects that the five sub-lieutenants have been made scapegoats given that this was not the first time that security lapses at the base have come to light in recent years.

The Pakistan Navy has so far not publicly commented on the trial.

We are afraid of taking India's name.
We always take India's name, whether it's TTP/BLA/Sindhudesh/etc, that's the last thing we are afraid of :)

Khulbushan Yadev's tapes directly accused India publicly, then it was taken to international courts

The name we are scared to take is AFGHANISTAN's because of obvious reasons ;)

Which again, tells me your claim is way too speculative and quite likely untrue as all evidence goes against it

A plan to hijack a Navel F22 frigate and hit a nearby US carrier or warship stationed in the Indian Ocean... a very famous case.

5 Navy Officers Sentenced to Death in Pakistan for Trying to Attack US Warship​

The five officers allegedly tried to steal a Pakistani warship to attack a U.S. naval vessel.
Franz-Stefan Gady

By Franz-Stefan Gady
May 25, 2016

5 Navy Officers Sentenced to Death in Pakistan for Trying to Attack US Warship

Credit: Wikimedia Commons/Mak Hon Keong
At least five officers of the Pakistan Navy received death sentences in a secret military trial for allegedly trying to hijack a Pakistan Navy vessel to attack a U.S. Navy refueling ship, Daily Pakistan reports.

The officers were convicted of planning and orchestrating the September 6, 2014, attack on the Karachi Naval Dockyard located at Pakistan’s Arabian Sea coast. The attack was thwarted by Pakistani military personnel with purportedly two attackers killed and four arrested alive (some sources cite 10 killed, including four rogue naval officers).

The attackers allegedly attempted to hijack the F-22P Zulfiquar-class frigate Zulfiqar, the lead ship of its class, with the intention of using the ship’s missiles to attack a U.S. Navy refuel vessel in the Arabian Sea (other sources claim that the target was a U.S. aircraft carrier).

According to the father of one convict, retired Major Saeed Ahmed, his son, Sub-Lieutenant Hammad Ahmed, along with four other officers—Irfanullah, Muhammad Hammad, Arsalan Nazeer, and Hashim Naseerhas—has been convicted of the attack on the dockyard on April 12 by a Navy Tribunal, Dawn newspaper reports.

DIPLOMAT BRIEF​

WEEKLY NEWSLETTER​

N
Get briefed on the story of the week, and developing stories to watch across the Asia-Pacific.
GET THE NEWSLETTER
“My son told me that a naval court had awarded death penalty to him and four other officers after a secret trial,” Ahmed said. “The convicted officers informed me that the naval court concluded the trial on April 12 and promulgated the sentence on April 14.”

Enjoying this article? Click here to subscribe for full access. Just $5 a month.

Furthermore, Ahmed said that the five were charged with mutiny, conspiracy, carrying weapons in the dockyard, and also with having links to the terror group Islamic State. (Previous reports spoke of links to Al-Qaeda.) He also said that authorities denied his son a fair trial and that the navy did not provide him with the court proceedings.

“I wrote a letter to the Judge Advocate General (JAG) of the navy on August 15, 2015, asking him to provide the opportunity of a defense counsel to my son,” Ahmed said. “The navy JAG on Sept 21 replied that the option of defense counsel would be available at the time of trial.”

However, the hearing had already been concluded at an undisclosed location while Ahmed was waiting for the commencement of trial. He only recently found out that his son along with the other four suspects had been transferred to the Karachi central prison.

According to Daily Pakistan, “the legal counsel of Sub-Lieutenant Hammad Ahmed, (…) said that naval officials had not specified details of the crime, trial and the punishment. He added that once these details were provided, his client would file an appeal at the Naval Appeal Court.”

Ahmed suspects that the five sub-lieutenants have been made scapegoats given that this was not the first time that security lapses at the base have come to light in recent years.

The Pakistan Navy has so far not publicly commented on the trial.
This is off-topic to that discussion but it's very obvious what's going on here

Anti-American sentiment has been rising in Pakistan for the longest, they literally burn the American flag on the streets in some protests, then you have some officers joining TTP.

This isn't India, this is just some extremist Pakistanis gone rogue :)

Yes, especially if Neutrals are their handlers...

So who carried out the attack?
I understand the TTP like to claim everything for credits but in this case then what party attacked and is now not counter claiming anything

Why would TTP destroy our Naval assets? I mean it's a complex situation, but clearly understandable.
I've already answered this in the previous responses. :)

TTP would have chosen any military target that is accessible and has a decent chance of success, it was during heightened insurgency and in Peshawar. Many times military targets had been targeted before that. It being a naval asset or whatever you claim was likely by chance.

Maybe if they managed to make it in a secluded area of Punjab which has never seen an attack before in history by insurgents against a specifically high value target then your claim would be worth more.

We should end this discussion here, it's a speculative claim and there isn't any logic or evidence which supports it, but rather the opposite.

Imran Khan says so that he was doing of negotiations and it is his policy.

Let me repeat my question again

Was IK or CM KPK part of any of the negotiations with TTP? IF yes then show us the news about that meeting

Thats the thing that I saying since long long time. TTP gets money to accept responsibility only. For example, what would terrorists will achieve by destroying aeroplanes which are solely meant for naval purposes.
Solely meant for naval purposes ?

You need to look in depth. The surveillance capabilities eith on board Sensors make P-3Cs, AWACS and re-fitted C-130s invaluable in counter terrorism operations.

1. Do you know capabilities of P-3C orions, especially how it’s deployed in CT Ops.

2. If we take P-3Cs as solely naval purposed jet, who will be interested in destroying it ? India. And how can India manage that ? TTP. BLA etc.

who will be interested in destroying it ? India. And how can India manage that ? TTP. BLA etc.
I can manage it for you, sir. Just give me 1 million dollars and the target. In Pakistan, everything is possible.
Btw, everything is possible all around the globe. Some money, some nuts, and some gasoline...all it takes.

Why wouldn’t India go after F-16 based AF bases since fighters are frontline of a threat matrix, why go after surveillance/monitoring aircrafts only ?

Back
Top Bottom