What's new

IDN TAKE: One Gulf Country has Requested Information on the TEJAS for Evaluation

even if HAL bags any orders i dont see it can deliver even 1 aircraft in atleast upcoming 5 years :P its a fact

even if HAL bags any orders i dont see it can deliver even 1 aircraft in atleast upcoming 5 years :P its a fact

LOLZ even if any country is interested in LCA Tejas the time taken for the RFI, evolution, talks negotiation, deal signed, takes years is also a fact.

hehehehe agreed whole infrastructure is to blame specially HAL am not criticising it but its lazy posture and non automated assembly lines are way too much to take in.
anathor ecuador can happen ;) but still i hope.. just hope for futur :D

India is ready to start seeking export buyers for its Tejas light combat aircraft (LCA), supporting its message by sending two of the fighters overseas for the first time.

Speaking at the Bahrain International Air Show on 22 January, Dr S Christopher, director general of New Delhi’s Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), noted the Make in India policy also extends to seeking international sales of its equipment.

“Our aim is to ensure we have a quality product – not just for indigenous requirements, but also for export,” he says.

I am proud that they impressed the world with our product.

However, I was wondering about HAL taking orders for exports.

Say if Bahrain or Oman or both were to order 50 jets each, could HAL afford to ramp up production to war-time speeds?

Hypothetically, this would be the same thing as Dhruv beating Bell and AW for Ecuadorian contract. The ALH encountered some of the worst industrial espionage from developed countries and resulted in grounding of the entire fleet. Same problems never happened when it flies with our military or Nepal or even Israel and Seychelles both of whom use Dhruvs for a mix of civilian and military roles.

They have to make over 200 of our own domestic needs including build-in the Mk2 production series as well as manage the foreign orders.

Coordinating foreign orders was never really a DPSU's specialty.

anathor ecuador can happen ;) but still i hope.. just hope for futur :D

Ecuador wasn't due to HAL.

It was a mix of poor pilot performance at EAF and industrial sabotage to prove that Indian products are low quality and let those who lost the bid initially win the contracts.

Till HAL team was sitting in Ecuador for 1 year, there were ZERO problems. But the moment they came out, EAF Dhruvs started falling like flies.

Think about why was that happening.

I am proud that they impressed the world with our product.

However, I was wondering about HAL taking orders for exports.

Say if Bahrain or Oman or both were to order 50 jets each, could HAL afford to ramp up production to war-time speeds?

Hypothetically, this would be the same thing as Dhruv beating Bell and AW for Ecuadorian contract. The ALH encountered some of the worst industrial espionage from developed countries and resulted in grounding of the entire fleet. Same problems never happened when it flies with our military or Nepal or even Israel and Seychelles both of whom use Dhruvs for a mix of civilian and military roles.

They have to make over 200 of our own domestic needs including build-in the Mk2 production series as well as manage the foreign orders.

Coordinating foreign orders was never really a DPSU's specialty.

Ecuador wasn't due to HAL.

It was a mix of poor pilot performance at EAF and industrial sabotage to prove that Indian products are low quality and let those who lost the bid initially win the contracts.

Till HAL team was sitting in Ecuador for 1 year, there were ZERO problems. But the moment they came out, EAF Dhruvs started falling like flies.

Think about why was that happening.

sorry sir yes you are right i didn mean to blame HAL direclty what i meant was that incident tormented HAL's export credibility and anathor similar incident will surly be disastrous so hal has to make improvements so that nothing like that happens ever again

An hoax.
Let me tell everyone what happened.
It was an air show.
Air show means aircrafts.
Fighter jets are aircrafts.
Tejas is an fighter jet.
Tejas flew and was on static display.
People come to see aircrafts.
So did some high ranking officials from some unnamed middle east nation came , had a look at it.
And then they left.

We should stop acting like Pakistan, if someone comes up at an Air show to have a look , by no means it is that he is buying it.

And in HAL walo se 2 saal me Ek Tejas Assemble hota hai , wo saale export karenge? Aaj tak saalo se saal me 16 Su30 nahi bane Aur saale baat karte hai export ki. Lol.

might be oman but i dont think anyone is buying this aircraft because f-16 are way better than it . it might be a false news only to undermine pakish jf-17 sale ....... but it also might be UAE.... and that is a strong guess

An hoax.
Let me tell everyone what happened.
It was an air show.
Air show means aircrafts.
Fighter jets are aircrafts.
Tejas is an fighter jet.
Tejas flew and was on static display.
People come to see aircrafts.
So did some high ranking officials from some unnamed middle east nation came , had a look at it.
And then they left.

We should stop acting like Pakistan, if someone comes up at an Air show to have a look , by no means it is that he is buying it.

And in HAL walo se 2 saal me Ek Tejas Assemble hota hai , wo saale export karenge? Aaj tak saalo se saal me 16 Su30 nahi bane Aur saale baat karte hai export ki. Lol.
and also i will go with your analysis

Well lets not get over-reactive on such news's like our Neighbors. A gulf country has shown interest in checking out its stats is a welcoming news however, are we adequately equipped to convert this into business is a big question. HAL is a big company both in terms of Manpower and Revenue. I see no reason why they cannot compete against the best.

BS... No single gulf country is going to buy this jet, reason is its having a hell lot of Israeli components in it.even radar & missiles are of Israeli make.

I agree with water car engineer. we need a private firm involved and also a marketing team and start developing an after sales service team.. then onl we should export..as of now... we need to participate in more air shows and prove this fighter while developing the better versions.

Nothing much. Every country ask for details from an seller doesnt mean they are interested or going to buy.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom