What's new

IDEX 2015

IF FNSS GOES FOR NIMR, GET READY FOR CIRIT 16 VEHICLE

IDEX 2015
Nimr shows its Talons [IDX15D3]

24 February 2015
nimr.jpg

Raytheon and Nimr Automotive, part of the Emirates Defence Industries Company (EDIC), have joined forces to equip Nimr armoured vehicles with the Talon laser-guided rocket (LGR) system.

Developed by Raytheon, the Talon LGR is a low-cost, digital semi-active laser guidance and control kit co-developed with the United Arab Emirates.

The Talon guidance section fits directly to the front of the legacy 2.75in Hydra-70 unguided rocket.

According to Raytheon, Talon’s architecture and ease of employment “make it a low-cost, highly precise weapon for missions in urban environments, as well as counter-insurgency and swarming boat defence missions”.

The Nimr 6x6 tactical platform provides modular system integration to support a full range of missions, including armed reconnaissance, infrastructure defence, defensive fire suppression and border security.

Each Nimr vehicle will carry 16 Talon LGRs using a Raytheon remote weapons station (RWS). The RWS enables Talon to be fired from both stationary and moving vehicles, while an elevated sensor/designator enables the Talon and anti-tank missiles to be fired from concealed positions, ensuring lethality and survivability for the ground vehicle.

“In partnership with EDIC, we are providing an affordable, near-term and reliable solution,” said Michelle Lohmeier, Raytheon vice president of Land Warfare Systems.

“Integration onto the Nimr vehicle further demonstrates the versatility of Talon.”

May be something they based on this... What do you think ?

I think it will be needed for Turkish Marines

Wow this one is cool... Maybe it's not for that purpose but i think it would be good if we change Land Rovers with this...

View attachment 196591

VS

View attachment 196593 View attachment 196594 View attachment 196595

Licenced ? I thought it will be a coproduction... Anyway, forget it...
The land rovers seem practical to me. They are very customizable. IDK about reliability though.

Back
Top Bottom