What's new

IDEX 2015

So this means we will see a new FNSS 4x4 ATGW vehicle for the first time... And as i understand they made some changes on FNSS KAPLAN or they will unveil completely new tracked ATGW vehicle...

Guys what's your comment on this... Did i understant it right ?..

BTW FNSS KAPLAN...

View attachment 196226
I don't think the kaplan is that practical. 1 vehicle for 4 ready to fire missiles? Just mount 1 or 2 missiles on each ifv and then there is no need for kaplan.

Kaplan = reconnaissance

I think they make something like Kaplan-S for IFV.

May be something they based on this... What do you think ?

Infantry Weapons
IDEX 2015: FNSS lifts wraps on new Saber 25 turret
Christopher F Foss, Abu Dhabi - IHS Jane's International Defence Review
24 February 2015
1630489_-_main.jpg

FNSS' latest Saber 25 turret is being shown for the first time at IDEX 2015, illustrated here with the ATK Armament Systems 25 mm M242 dual-feed cannon and 7.62 mm coaxial MG. Source: IHS/Patrick Allen
Turkey's FNSS Savunma Sistemleri launched its latest Saber 25 one-man medium-calibre turret at IDEX 2015.

Saber 25 has been in private development since late 2013, pulling through experience from the Sharpshooter Mk 1 and Mk 2 one-person turrets supplied to customers including Malaysia for some of its ACV-15 tracked vehicles. The latest order for Sharpshooter Mk 2 turrets to be installed on Malaysia's AV8 infantry fighting vehicles is soon to be completed.

The new design offers 60% more internal volume than the Sharpshooter Mk 1 and 2, but with less than a 10% increase in external dimensions. Saber 25 is made of all-welded aluminium armour with an appliqué composite and steel armour package claimed to provide ballistic protection to STANAG 4569 Level 4, and spall liners inside the vehicle.

Static unmanned firing trials of the Saber 25 commenced in mid-2014 and were completed by the end of the year, having undertaken static/static engagements and worked up to firing at mobile targets while on the move, completing development of the turret.

The Saber 25 turret shown at IDEX was armed with ATK Armament Systems' stabilised 25 mm M242 dual-feed cannon, backed up by a 7.62 mm co-axial machine gun (MG) plus banks of electrically operated grenade launchers. The latter are typically 76 mm grenades, but 66 mm or 81 mm are offered as an alternative.

The cannon has a total of 240 rounds of ammunition (150 high explosive and 90 armour piercing), the empty cases being ejected outside of the turret, while the 7.62 mm MG has 600 rounds ready to use. All-electric gun control equipment is fitted, along with a digital fire control system and ballistic computer.

The turret traverses through 360°, with weapon elevation from -7 to + 48°, and there is also the option of a deck-limitation device, which can be set for automatic or programmed restrictions.

On the demonstration model, the gunner's sight picture is generated by a Thales roof-mounted sighting system, which includes a third-generation long-wave or mid-wave thermal imager, telescopic day optical channel, eye-safe laser rangefinder, and a unity window for surveillance.

The turret also features a standard unity day observation periscope to the sides and rear.

So this means we will see a new FNSS 4x4 ATGW vehicle for the first time... And as i understand they made some changes on FNSS KAPLAN or they will unveil completely new tracked ATGW vehicle...

Guys what's your comment on this... Did i understant it right ?..

BTW FNSS KAPLAN...

View attachment 196226

n3pwp.jpg

The agreement will allow the two companies to work together to set up a project, which will pave the way for FNSS to market, sell and possibly produce Nimr vehicles in Turkey for the Turkish market.

n3pxf.jpg

A licence production against an institute like Otokar !!!

Quh0tpx.jpg

Last edited:
n3pwp.jpg

The agreement will allow the two companies to work together to set up a project, which will pave the way for FNSS to market, sell and possibly produce Nimr vehicles in Turkey for the Turkish market.

n3pxf.jpg

Wow this one is cool... Maybe it's not for that purpose but i think it would be good if we change Land Rovers with this...

1.jpg

VS

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Licenced ? I thought it will be a coproduction... Anyway, forget it...

Back
Top Bottom