What's new

IDEAS 2012 Pakistan International Defence (Nov 7-11)

By the way, regarding AK, even in the late 90's when I imported it, we had to "buff" the original markings on it. Reason given to me was that no one from Pakistan can "legally" import a genuine AK from China or Russia. Now how stupid is that? :blink:

And yeah, the MP9 is beautiful. Gift from dad! :smitten:

Yeah, that is why i was surprised why you would want to replace an original item. The ones in the market now (excluding the Norinco) are total garbage. The MP9 is perfect as a PDW, you can get a quick draw covert (shoulder holster) for the MP9, however you will have to either order it from abroad or visit the usual suspects. However whatever you do, don't buy it from GownHouse in Rawalpindi, he once sold a friend a pelican case for 40,000 PKR, it's worth half that in Dubai.

I don't get it. Are you allowed to conceal it? My dad told me to always keep it in the car when certain "daffa" is in place, or have the laws changed recently? :blink:

I normally just carry a Makarov pistol with me, when in settled areas.

BTW, I don't think much about shooting a person if my life is threatened, it has to do with my upbringing, zero emotions and afterthought. However, I'd like to follow the law.

Yeah, that is why i was surprised why you would want to replace an original item. The ones in the market now (excluding the Norinco) are total garbage. The MP9 is perfect as a PDW, you can get a quick draw covert (shoulder holster) for the MP9, however you will have to either order it from abroad or visit the usual suspects. However whatever you do, don't buy it from GownHouse in Rawalpindi, he once sold a friend a pelican case for 40,000 PKR, it's worth half that in Dubai.

Mate, the gun you posted, is it M4? Looks too big and won't be needing that mini launcher either! :P

Yeah, AK and MP9 are both original, when I got them permits were 'relatively' easy and import licenses weren't that big of an issue either.

Basically, I better stick with my weapons then, as there is no use to ask a favor and buy something inferior to what I already have.

BTW, thank god it's not you.. That dude has serious tummy issues! :P

Are you sure that is an M4? I think its's an M16. Essentially the same gun, but with different barrel sizes. The one is this specific pic looks kind of long.

Yara, never had an M4 before, so can't be 100% sure. However, whatever it is, it is not an M16!

My bet is on an extended barrel for M4.

Are you sure that is an M4? I think its's an M16. Essentially the same gun, but with different barrel sizes. The one is this specific pic looks kind of long.

I don't get it. Are you allowed to conceal it? My dad told me to always keep it in the car when certain "daffa" is in place, or have the laws changed recently? :blink:

I normally just carry a Makarov pistol with me, when in settled areas.

BTW, I don't think much about shooting a person if my life is threatened, it has to do with my upbringing, zero emotions and afterthought. However, I'd like to follow the law.

Got several handguns in Pakistan. I have carried colt 45 1911 on numerous occasions. We also have a .44 magnum that my uncle is in love with and never allowed me to take out into the city.

I have to say, I'm the type of person that is reluctant to pull out a handgun. If it's a fist fight, great. Even if guys are carrying pipes, I am okay with it. The sidearm is the last resort, in case I am about to get seriously fucked up.

I actively avoid any contact with people not known to me. I hate weapons (minus hunting rifles/guns etc etc), however, have to live with them out of necessity.

Furthermore, I rather not break the law, unless absolutely necessary.

Got several handguns in Pakistan. I have carried colt 45 1911 on numerous occasions. We also have a .44 magnum that my uncle is in love with and never allowed me to take out into the city.

I have to say, I'm the type of person that is reluctant to pull out a handgun. If it's a fist fight, great. Even if guys are carrying pipes, I am okay with it. The sidearm is the last resort, in case I am about to get seriously fucked up.

Yara, never had an M4 before, so can't be 100% sure. However, whatever it is, it is not an M16!

M4a1
m4_1.jpg

M-16
M16_2.jpg

They both come from the AR family.

ar15.jpeg

I actively avoid any contact with people not known to me. I hate weapons (minus hunting rifles/guns etc etc), however, have to live with them out of necessity.

Furthermore, I rather not break the law, unless absolutely necessary.

At this juncture, I would say even conceal carry is risky.

The cops and other security personnel of the country are on edge for being fired upon and getting blown up.

I remember last year my gunman, pathan, was driving our car and parked in the city. Police walked by and saw the kalishnikov in the back seat, while he went to pray.

When he came they asked him for permit which we had, but we were not with him. So he got arrested and was thought to be a terrorist. He was about to be in some deep ****. My father luckily knew a minister, and got him out of that mess.

I mean it's up to you and your discretion.

vz2g4.jpg

I still think it's M4.

After looking at the pictures, I think I will have to agree with you, due to the butt, however the barrel seems unusually long in the photo. :lol:

After looking at the pictures, I think I will have to agree with you, due to the butt, however the barrel seems unusually long in the photo. :lol:
Yara, all of the new rifles have variable/replaceable barrels. I'll get my hands on one in January. I'll see how it handles and report back to you! :)

@RescueRanger, mate, I have one AK and one MP9... I prefer the former for everything, but it's kind of heavy; The latter is not intimidating enough.

Can you advise me something good... I was thinking of adding one more 'permit', and need to make sure what I get now will suffice for at least 10 more years.

What would you suggest for a compact and light weapon, yet not compromise range and stopping power?

An MP9 ? I didn't even know what it was before I googled it in & must say no matter how lethal a gun it is I'd take it as an affront to be shot by that midget ! :rofl:

Stick with the AK-47 - they are beyond beautiful ! :smitten:

By the way, regarding AK, even in the late 90's when I imported it, we had to "buff" the original markings on it. Reason given to me was that no one from Pakistan can "legally" import a genuine AK from China or Russia. Now how stupid is that? :blink:

And yeah, the MP9 is beautiful. Gift from dad! :smitten:

A 'git from dad' ? :blink:

Unclee Jee yee aaap kiyaa kiyaa Hypie ko lei kar deiteiii hain ? :what:

My usual manly gifts from Dad revolve around 'fountain pens', 'wrist watches', 'wallets' & 'ties' ! :undecided:

Last edited by a moderator:
Already use Norinco SMG 7.62 and G3, we could equip all our LEAs with that, 7.62 has decent stopping power.There is a segment in ATS that prefer SMG 7.62 over MP5 & armalite

What Norinco SMG 7.62 ? :what:

About the G3 - I heard it was ill-suited for CQB !

Why doesn't the army induct one of those folding stock & butt-less (I dunno the proper term :D) G3 variants that POF showed at IDEAS 2012 (as shown in some of the previous pages) !

@ Hyperion re: concealment, it is entirely up to you. If it is prohibited bore and you have carry permit you can keep it so long as it is not publicly brandished. By that means: out of sight. Personally the highest caliber weapon i have ever kept on my person for self defense is my 9mm pistol.
@RazPaK: It is a M4A1 by Bushmaster fitted with an Izzy Flash Suppressor taking the barrel length from 14.5 to 16". Also your gunman should always carry the license and carry permit(authority letter) at all times. Failure to do so will mean big trouble as you have found out already.

@ Armstrong: Sir hum paindu Norinco Ak47 ko SMG 7.62 kaithey hain. Sorry for confusion
Re: G3, it is ill suited for CQB due to barrel length and recoil, however it is a perfect infantry weapon due to the range exceeding that of the FN FAL and most AR's used by the Indian Army. G3A4(POF designation G3P4) sees service in Pak forces but the issue boils down to cost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom