What's new

Idea of India wasn’t demolished at Ayodhya. That happened in our ‘liberal’ homes

Exactly what is at the bottom of the Islamophobia that the article talks about.

A desire to make up for past humiliation. A need to make up for lost self-esteem.

So basically you want to say Hindu's become more like common Muslim's all around the world?

It didn't die when 5 lakh pundits were cleansed from Kashmir after unthinkable brutality.

Do you know what happened in reality? You embrace these as the issues that light up your spirit, but do you know that the whole community walked out one morning, got into lorries and were driven off? Was that a driving out or a planned evacuation?

BUT the point is not what happened to the Pandits. It is about what you decided in your mind, and what your family decided in its frank and internal discussions based on this and other selected incidents.

The article does not talk about cause and effect; it talks about our clinging on to events and not letting go.

Read it before commenting.

LOL.

Nobody is denying that.
I gave those examples as a marker that it won't be too far-fetched to guess that the remains were in fact a temple since there was a pattern which Muslim rulers followed. Many times, you go about things by doing guess-work when you don't have a lot of evidence available. Again, I'll have to study this Babri thing before I come to any conclusion.

If one hindu temple is reclaimed every day, even then it will take 20 years to reclaim all temples destroyed by Muslims. Therefore, I would like this sort of idea of India to die everyday for many years. This sort of Idea of India is based on hypocrisy and persecutions of Hindu. It must die everyday

There is no problem with that, or with your thinking like that.

The article was not about these things at all.

It was about the casual hatred of the Muslim that exists in the minds and hearts even of liberals.

Do you agree or do you disagree?

Well said, Hindu's were thrown out of there own home in J&K but so called idea of India was intact.

First read the article.

There is no point in generating posts like a soda water bottle shaken and thrown.

Just calmly read.:D

So basically you want to say Hindu's become more like common Muslim's all around the world?

Think.

Have you read the article and have you anything to say about its conclusions?

It's not about what I saw.

It's about what the article says.

What makes you think that you can come to a thread, any thread, and start dealing out preconceived ideas like a phhuchka-wala dealing out pani puris, without even looking at the article?

First read the article.

There is no point in generating posts like a soda water bottle shaken and thrown.

Just calmly read.:D

Neither you want to talk about Pundit exodus nor about Hindu temples. But still trying to prove this third grade article own by Print -Shekhar Gupta. A well known 10JP dalal.

it won't be too far-fetched to guess that the remains were in fact a temple since there was a pattern which Muslim rulers followed.

Might well be, but that's NOT what the article is about.

It's like being told that the pets people keep reflect their personalities, and reacting by saying angrily that ticks are a major hazard!!!

Many times, you go about things by doing guess-work when you don't have a lot of evidence available.

Now THAT is what the article is about.

We do our guesswork, and we always guess that the Muslims did something bad!

Precisely what the lady is trying to say.

But still trying to prove this third grade article own by Print -Shekhar Gupta.

Blame your English.

Nobody writes about the ownership of the media, they write about the article that appeared. So all your comments were without reading a single word?

The red book listed each of these mosques with name, village and some photographs, and gave intellectual fodder to the Vishva Hindu Parishad’s campaign in the 1990s that said Hindus are ready to give up their claims over these 2,000 mosques if Muslims would give them the Ayodhya, Varanasi and Mathura sites.

I visited a handful of these 2,000 mosque sites back then but found no knowledge, folklore, collective memory, let alone wounds, about demolished temples among local villagers. People did not know or did not care or had just accepted what they had inherited by way of built heritage. Popular memory is constructed through deliberate acts of retelling, which were manifest in Ayodhya, Varanasi and Mathura, but not the 2,000 sites listed in Shourie’s book.
stephen-knapp.com/islamic_destruction_of_hindu_temples.htm
A wiser approach for liberals would be to start investing their energies in family oral histories and conversations instead.
I fully condemn what happened in 1992 with the demolition of masjid. But this doesn't mean we have to just forget what happened in the past(at least those people who have retained the faith). Those are 2 separate things that I said.

This is a very special type of idea of India. It didn't die when 5 lakh pundits were cleansed from Kashmir after unthinkable brutality. It didn't die when tens of thousands of temple were destroyed. It dies only when Hindus reclaim one of their spiritual sites.

If one hindu temple is reclaimed every day, even then it will take 20 years to reclaim all temples destroyed by Muslims. Therefore, I would like this sort of idea of India to die everyday for many years. This sort of Idea of India is based on hypocrisy and persecutions of Hindu. It must die everyday
I totally support this idea.
Please do it sooner than later.why one destroy 2 mosques a day maybe more if you can.
Please do it quickly.

stephen-knapp.com/islamic_destruction_of_hindu_temples.htm

Ha ha ha...it's not about temple destruction, it's about our remembering temple destruction and forming our views about Muslims.

Didn't you just do exactly that?

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom