Iconic building : Post independence

Islamabad ‑ Telenor Head Office ‑

Islamabad%20-%20Telenor%20Head%20Office%20-%20Exterior%20-%20010.jpg

Aa[F]aT ‑ Islamabad ‑ Saud

Aa%5BF%5DaT%20-%20Islamabad%20-%20Saudi-Pak%20Tower%20-%201%20copy.jpg

Islamabad%20-%20Monal%20Restaurant%20-%20202.jpg

crown plaza islamabad
faadi.jpg

The Bahá'í House of Worship in New Delhi, India, popularly known as the Lotus Temple due to its flowerlike shape, is a Bahá'í House of Worship and also a prominent attraction in Delhi. It was completed in 1986 and serves as the Mother Temple of the Indian subcontinent.

Like all other Bahá'í Houses of Worship, the Lotus Temple is open to all regardless of religion, or any other distinction, as emphasized in Bahá'í texts. The Bahá'í laws emphasize that the spirit of the House of Worship be that it is a gathering place where people of all religions may worship God without denominational restrictions.

All Bahá'í Houses of Worship, including the Lotus Temple, share certain architectural elements, some of which are specified by Bahá'í scripture. `Abdu'l-Bahá, the son of the founder of the religion, stipulated that an essential architectural character of a House of Worship is a nine-sided circular shape.[3] While all current Bahá'í Houses of Worship have a dome, this is not regarded as an essential part of their architecture

IWR4e.jpg

VWguw.jpg

This is chennai Industrial center SIPCOT just near my coll... It looks like Olympic birds nest stadium from my coll.. But i can get thus pic oly from net.. It looks great from near :)

29347749.jpg

Anna Centenary Library, biggest in asia, with the biggest collection of books and an auditorium..

Anna_library_161470f.jpg

ANNA_CENTENARY_LIB_1117438f.jpg

This is chennai Industrial center SIPCOT just near my coll... It looks like Olympic birds nest stadium from my coll.. But i can get thus pic oly from net.. It looks great from near :)

29347749.jpg

Please post only the closeup images of the buildings.....

There are hundreds of post independance buildings in Pakistan all cities worth mentioning balochistan assembly, PSO house Sindh assembly etc plus hundreds only in Karachi can someone post pics plz?

& any pics from bangladesh?

A brief write up on the buildings shown in the pictures would help please.

ITC Grand Central Hotel in Mumbai

Building Exterior Panorama
Building-Exterior-panorama.jpg

02-Porch.jpg

1157448_45_b.jpg

Building Exterior from Dohm

lux1540ex.33208_md.jpg

itcsheratonhummg1.jpg

Point-of-View-ITC-Grand-Central.jpg

06-Lobby.jpg

25-Pool.jpg

Back