What's new

Iconic building : Post independence

third eye

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
I request members to share pics of impressive buildings constructed post 1947 in India , Pak & BD. A word of into would help.

In Pak ,of the pictures one gets to see I find the building of the supreme court to be well designed and executed. The Minar e Pakistan is also good but the SC building scores over it.

My views.

oemkC.jpg

The Supreme Court of India

The main block of the Supreme Court building was built on a square plot of 22 acres and the building was designed by chief architect Ganesh Bhikaji Deolalikar who was the first Indian to head CPWD and designed the Supreme Court Building in an Indo – British architectural style. He was succeeded by Shridher Krishna Joglekar.

The Court moved into the present building in 1958. The building is shaped to project the image of scales of justice with the Central Wing of the building corresponding to the centre beam of the Scales.

uRSgf.jpg

Za5np.jpg

Thank you indeed.

Been to Bangalore countless times, admired this building each time. I never realized it was a post 47 structure.

pakistan monument :-
the Pakistan Monument is a symbolic representation of the four provinces of the country. Situated in Islamabad at a public park, the Monument attracts visitors who are amazed at its architectural brilliance. The interior of its huge petals is decorated with beautiful Islamic murals

483667975_424a427d3c.jpg

pakistan monument :-
the Pakistan Monument is a symbolic representation of the four provinces of the country. Situated in Islamabad at a public park, the Monument attracts visitors who are amazed at its architectural brilliance. The interior of its huge petals is decorated with beautiful Islamic murals

483667975_424a427d3c.jpg

Oh I like that one too! :D waisey Mastbalochi aap kaun ho? :O U said this is ur new id, what is ur old id?

It is the largest mosque in South Asia and one of the largest mosques in the world

I have an old edition of Guiness Book of World Records and Faisal Mosque is mentioned in it as the largest mosque of the world by area. I have to check the latest edition to see if that record is replaced by some other mosque.

Back
Top Bottom