What's new

ICC 2010 Twenty20 World Cup THREAD

pak is definately out and india is on the brink because india has a better record v. SL and pak has a piss-poor record v. SA.

If my calculations are accurate (and i have always sucked in Maths) Indian needs to beat Sri Lanka by 39 runs to qualify for the Semi Finals. Or if they bat second, they need to score at a rate of +2 rpo over Sri Lanka. For example if Sri Lanka score 140. Their run rate would be 7. For India to qualify, they would need to score at about 9 runs per over.

I really hope India bats first. Chasing would be difficult.

Thank god we are playing st St Lucia, where the wicket is like a sub continental pitch, instead of a bouncy track. Hopefully, our batsman would come good and score 200.

India’s Chances for Semis in T20 World Cup | Reshap.com

Have these people forgotten West Indies? Their run rate is also better than India. If India beat Sri Lanka by 39 runs, West Indies just need to lose to Australia. Irrespective of the margin.

pak is definately out and india is on the brink because india has a better record v. SL and pak has a piss-poor record v. SA.

I dunno Fatman, South Africa are known to choke in pressure games. They havent played well at all this tournament either. You do have a chance. Better than India's actually. Just hope England don't take it easy against New Zealand and rest a few players because they've qualified for the Semi Final.

Lol this is probably the only semis in which each team is counting on other teams to lose for them to move forward

yeh hai Pakistani or Indians ke halat :P

Pak selector mum on Afridi outburst

Pakistan chief selector Mohsin Khan refused to react on T20 skipper Shahid Afridi's outburst against the selectors as they face exit from the T20 World Cup.

Afridi had said that he and the coach were not consulted by the selectors while picking the squad.

Mohsin said he will speak on the issue only after the tournament is over.

"Let the tournament finish then I will speak in detail about the team's performance and team selection," Khan said.

Sources close to Mohsin said he was not happy with the remarks made by Afridi as he (Mohsin) had unofficially consulted Afridi while finalising the 15-member squad for the World Cup.

"At that time the Pakistan Board had not announced the captain or coach but Mohsin knew Afridi would be captain and had discussed the selection of the team with him so he is obviously surprised by the remarks made by Afridi," one source said.

Pakistan's poor performance has evoked sharp reactions in the country with former players saying all is not well with the team.

"I don't know what has happened but the team has just not shown the commitment and flair. They are capable of doing and they have looked under pressure in this tournament," former captain Rameez Raja said.

Former captain Moin Khan said the players appeared to play with the fear of defeat on their minds.

"I don't know but the fearless approach of our players that we saw in the first two World Cups is missing, they seem to be subdued and not excited about doing well," he said.

Another former captain Rashid Latif said maybe the recent punishments handed out to the players and the leakage of the inquiry committee's report during the World Cup had put more pressure on the players.

Meanwhile, the Pakistan Cricket Board may soon undergo a slew of major changes following the national team's poor performance in the ongoing Twenty20 World Cup in the West Indies, sources said.

Ijaz Butt, present Chairman of the Board, has survived many critical periods during his 19-month tenure but some well-placed sources said this time the government will make some changes in the set-up.

Although the PCB is on paper an independent entity, not affiliated to any government institution, Pakistan President who is also the chief patron of the Board has the power to appoint the Chairman and approve appointments to the other key positions.

"This time the indications are that the Presidency is also now convinced it is time to make changes in the cricket set-up and bring in younger people. Noman Niaz, a doctor and cricket historian, who has worked in the Board before is likely to get a key position soon," a source told PTI.

After Pakistan's disastrous tour of Australia earlier this year, there was great pressure on Butt to step down but using his political connections he survived.

Another source, however, said he had been told clearly that the President wanted results soon.

espnstar.com - Pak selector mum on Afridi outburst

Pressure mounts on struggling Pakistan

The Big Picture
Two of the brightest sides of last year's tournament have been two of the bigger disappointments this time. And yet, a win for either here could still see them through to the semi-finals, depending on what happens in the game between England and New Zealand.

Pakistan do not require a mathematical miracle to get through. A win here, and an England win over New Zealand, remarkably, might guarantee them a spot in the semis, given that Pakistan's net run-rate is superior to both New Zealand and South Africa. For Graeme Smith's men to go through, a win coupled with an English win, will be enough.

On most days South Africa would look the likelier bet, if only because Pakistan have been so timid and unsure through the tournament. But at spin-friendly St Lucia, with big stakes on the line, certainty is in short supply.

In any case, South Africa have been strangely inconsistent, a malaise that stretches beyond just this tournament and format to last year. In the Caribbean they've relied heavily on their pace duo of Dale Steyn and Morne Morkel and both have been hot and cold; in particular, the latter's no-ball problems are beginning to hurt. Little errors have crept in, the kind of untidiness you do not expect from them; catches have been dropped, edges have gone through slips, fumbles here and there. Their batting has been consistently weak.

Pakistan have struggled with most things, their batting line, the make-up of their attack and their fielding. Shahid Afridi's form has gone, they've picked and dropped Mohammad Sami at the wrong moments, Abdul Razzaq has been used strangely, either opening the bowling or not bowling at all. Of their batsmen, only Salman Butt has been a success and he was least expected to be one.

Yet nobody, least of all South Africa, will forget that it is at these moments that they can be at their most dangerous.

Source: Pressure mounts on struggling Pakistan | Cricket News | ICC World Twenty20 2010 | Cricinfo.com

which means we can still hope but here there will be many who won't agree with me but hope is the only thing we can do !

If my calculations are accurate (and i have always sucked in Maths) Indian needs to beat Sri Lanka by 39 runs to qualify for the Semi Finals. Or if they bat second, they need to score at a rate of +2 rpo over Sri Lanka. For example if Sri Lanka score 140. Their run rate would be 7. For India to qualify, they would need to score at about 9 runs per over.

I really hope India bats first. Chasing would be difficult.

Thank god we are playing st St Lucia, where the wicket is like a sub continental pitch, instead of a bouncy track. Hopefully, our batsman would come good and score 200.

Have these people forgotten West Indies? Their run rate is also better than India. If India beat Sri Lanka by 39 runs, West Indies just need to lose to Australia. Irrespective of the margin.

You are wrong. If India wins against Sri Lanka by 20 runs, Indias' run rate would go up and similarly Sri Lanka's would go down.

Now, about West Indies they have better run rate as of now compared to India. But if they looses to Australia, there run rate would not improve and mostly go down. (even if we assume it would not go down, still give same results)

Now, because India is winning against SL there run rate would be more than SL and WI.

By winning margin of 20 runs, India would be at -0.72 while SL would be at -0.73 and mostly likely WI would have -1.00

So, all this makes India in semis.

But what is important is that India ensure win in the SL by at least 20 runs batting first or get the target at 17.3 overs if batting second.

You better check everything given in source

India’s Chances for Semis in T20 World Cup | Reshap.com

I dont want India to go into the semis...they do not deserve to go the semis...atleast in this tournament they have come out as a pathetic performers....my good wishes to Sri Lanka....

sri-lanka-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gif

I dont want India to go into the semis...they do not deserve to go the semis...atleast in this tournament they have come out as a pathetic performers....my good wishes to Sri Lanka....

sri-lanka-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gif

I agree with India not deserving a place in Semi-Finals, but would still love it if they make it through. How many times have we seen undeserving teams sneaking through and even winning....

Will surely make a great story....

Oh if wishes were horses...

I agree with India not deserving a place in Semi-Finals, but would still love it if they make it through. How many times have we seen undeserving teams sneaking through and even winning....

Will surely make a great story....

Oh if wishes were horses...

dont worry mate...we are very emotional people..once they reach semis am sure my mind will change :lol:..yar apni team toh apni hi hoti hai..lol..:lol:

Back
Top Bottom