What's new

IAI, DRDO on course to integrate Barak-8 on the first vessel in 2012.

b8ms7.jpg

Terminal trajectory of all ballistic missiles are almost same but as the range increases so is the speed. Thats why our current Phase-I PAD/AAD is designed to intercept short and medium range ballistic missiles while Phase-II will be able to intercept IRBMs and ICBMs.

Thanks for the info.

Barak-8 may be capable
of of defending against
short range ballistic
missile but not medium
or long range.

Long or medium range ballistic missile cant b used against carriers because of their high circular error probability.in range of 200-300m.

No..nobody got the technology to defend it right now.but chinese also are years behind to perfect that carrier killer tech.

possibily then u should read more about RIM-161 Standard Missile 3,the ballistic killer of American navy.

Long or medium range ballistic missile cant b used against carriers because of their high circular error probability.in range of 200-300m.

1) Their ( MRBM, IRBM, ICBM) CEP can be easily minimized to single digit if the countries want with appropriate guidance system but as of now none because they meant to carry nuclear weapons and and nuclear warhead don't need such high accuracy.

2) As of now there is none but according to US, China is developing one to target large ships like carrier. I will be surprised if US itself already don't poses something better. If they poses the technology why they wouldn't.

No. P-17 got SA-N-12 9M317 area defence missiles. It has 50 km range. Its a good missile introduced by Russia recently. Can engage missiles, aircrafts etc.

Thanks for the info.
A little of topic but could you tell me if India has an Aegis type automatic response system with multiple radars working in tandem for interceptor missiles?
Because a supersonic low flying cruise missile will enter the radar horizon and hit the target in about 20-30 seconds. Too little for manual response

Thanks for the info.
A little of topic but could you tell me if India has an Aegis type automatic response system with multiple radars working in tandem for interceptor missiles?
Because a supersonic low flying cruise missile will enter the radar horizon and hit the target in about 20-30 seconds. Too little for manual response

Yes, India has something similar on P-17 but working on better system for P-15A which will be operational next year.

And our other ships are on manual defence? Considering Pakistan may acquire C-803s.. thats suicide.

And our other ships are on manual defence? Considering Pakistan may acquire C-803s.. thats suicide.

No manual systems. Most of our leading ships got automatic response capability. Not having an advanced combat system doesn't mean that they don't have an automatic response capability. Many of our ships got Barak-1 anti-missile system which is fully automatic. Those don't have Barak will be guarded by other ship with Barak. Netcentric warfare capability enhancing this power more.

Back
Top Bottom