What's new

IAI, DRDO on course to integrate Barak-8 on the first vessel in 2012.

angeldemon_007

Reaction score
Test firing of the Barak 8 missile is expected this year. “Testing will be conducted in India and is part of the responsibilities of our strategic partner in this program, India’s Defense Research & Development Organization (DRDO)” IAI officials told Defense-Update. The missile is on schedule to complete development and be integrated on board the first combat vessels by 2012.

After being inducted into service, the system will continue development and phased improvement, toward its full operational capability phase. Barak 8 is designed to be fielded on both Israel and Indian Navy vessels.

In 2006 Israel and India embarked on a strategic cooperation in developing a new naval air defense system that will address the specific, common requirements of both Israel and Indian navies. The system, known as Barak-8 introduces a revolutionary concept of ‘network-centric air defense’, incorporating the best technologies India and Israel could offer.

Such technologies include superior missile interceptors, the latest technology phased array radars, state-of-the-art command, control and communications, integrated with missionized land-based and airborne command and control, coupled with unmanned aerial sensors.

Three years ago the program expanded this concept, adding another dimension to the Indo-Israeli cooperation, embarking on the Medium-Range Surface-to-Air missile (MRSAM) system, protecting strategic targets on land. Both programs are progressing well as IAI’s partners in India are actively involved and taking part in every phase of the development.

How does the Barak compare to the similar platforms doing the same thing?? Is this a major step up??

Sorry for my lack of knowledge on this matter, SAMs, ADW are a weak point in my knowledge.

Excellent news !!!

The future of the Indian defence R&D lies not in US or in Europe, but increasingly with the Israelis and ofcourse Russia.

Isnt the MRSAM supposed to be Barak NG ??

Good news>>>!!!!!its is going to be network centric..

The next test is in India this year. They have done only one test so far, don't know how they will integrate it next year!! P-15A will be more delayed because of this missile. :coffee:

Well can this defend our aircraft carrier from so called anti aircraft carrier ballistic missiles?

No..nobody got the technology to defend it right now.but chinese also are years behind to perfect that carrier killer tech.

US has the technology for many years.

Barak-8 may be capable of of defending against short range ballistic missile but not medium or long range.

you mean agis ? i think it can't right now. they refused to comment if they can take it out.

you mean agis ? i think it can't right now. they refused to comment if they can take it out.

Yes, Aegis ballistic missile defence system. It meant to destroy ballistic missiles. Why it can't do that right now?

Yes, Aegis ballistic missile defence system. It meant to destroy ballistic missiles. Why it can't do that right now?

i used to think that way..then i come across many technological blah.. blah..blah..which i could not remember now.but the final impression i got is- chances of agis taking out Df 21 is very less..at least for now. but i don't have enough know how to defend my point.

US has the technology for many years.

Barak-8 may be capable of of defending against short range ballistic missile but not medium or long range.

Why is it so ??

Because irrespective of the range the Ballistic missile always takes a parabolic trajectory and a missile supposed to intercept a CRBM must theoretically able to stave off a IRBM too. Isnt it ? Or there is any other limitation there ?

R&D of barak8 and MRSAM will boost DRDOs confidence for AAD and other future SAMs as we all know Israel have one of the best missile technology compare to others

Are they also use barak8 for their navy?????

Why is it so ??

Because irrespective of the range the Ballistic missile always takes a parabolic trajectory and a missile supposed to intercept a CRBM must theoretically able to stave off a IRBM too. Isnt it ? Or there is any other limitation there ?

Terminal trajectory of all ballistic missiles are almost same but as the range increases so is the speed. Thats why our current Phase-I PAD/AAD is designed to intercept short and medium range ballistic missiles while Phase-II will be able to intercept IRBMs and ICBMs.

Back
Top Bottom