What's new

IAF's Performance Tumbling.

Is there any data available for PAF on accidents per 10000 hours of flying??

October 4, 2005 (by Asif Shamim) - A three-member delegation of Pratt & Whitney called on Air Chief Marshal Kaleem Saadat, Chief of the Air Staff Pakistan Air Force at Air Headquarters to present a plaque to the Chief of the Air Staff in recognition of flying the F-16, for over 100,000 accident-free flight hours.

Lloyd W. "Fig" Newton, executive vice president, presented a plaque to the Chief of the Air Staff in recognition of flying the F-16, for over 100,000 accident-free flight hours.

They also commended the maintenance, quality control and flight safety standards of the PAF, which made this achievement possible.

Retired Gen. Lloyd Newton, along with Gen. (R) William J Begert, Vice President and Warren Boley, Vice President, remained with Air Chief Marshal Kaleem Sadaat, Chief of Air Staff for some time and discussed matters pertaining to mutual and professional interest.

http://www.f-16.net/news_article1468.html

Lloyd W. "Fig" Newton, executive vice president, presented a plaque to the Chief of the Air Staff in recognition of flying the F-16, for over 100,000 accident-free flight hours.
[/URL]

:woot::woot::woot: Masha'Allah :yahoo::pakistan:

October 4, 2005 (by Asif Shamim) - A three-member delegation of Pratt & Whitney called on Air Chief Marshal Kaleem Saadat, Chief of the Air Staff Pakistan Air Force at Air Headquarters to present a plaque to the Chief of the Air Staff in recognition of flying the F-16, for over 100,000 accident-free flight hours.

They also commended the maintenance, quality control and flight safety standards of the PAF, which made this achievement possible.

Retired Gen. Lloyd Newton, along with Gen. (R) William J Begert, Vice President and Warren Boley, Vice President, remained with Air Chief Marshal Kaleem Sadaat, Chief of Air Staff for some time and discussed matters pertaining to mutual and professional interest.

http://www.f-16.net/news_article1468.html

100, 000 flight hours of a single plane or all of them combined (Does not seems possible for a single one) ??

9 F-16s have crashed till now, so how these 'accident free' hours were chosen?

100, 000 flight hours of a single plane or all of them combined (Does not seems possible for a single one) ??

9 F-16s have crashed till now, so how these 'accident free' hours were chosen?

As reported before, at least four of these crashes or losses were non avoidable.

As reported before, at least four of these crashes or losses were non avoidable.

I know that.
I just want to know that the award for 100000 accident free flight hours was given on what basis, since planes had crashed. (According to you, atleast 4 were crashed in peacetime/avoidable.)
So this flight hour were of 1 plane that completed so much flight time (WOW!!) or of complete fleet. But if it is of complete fleet than what about those crashes?

I know that.
I just want to know that the award for 100000 accident free flight hours was given on what basis, since planes had crashed. (According to you, atleast 4 were crashed in peacetime/avoidable.)
So this flight hour were of 1 plane that completed so much flight time (WOW!!) or of complete fleet. But if it is of complete fleet than what about those crashes?

I don't know about elsewhere but each and every time an F-16 crashed in Pakistan, GD/LM/PW dispatched a team to look into the cause, hence they would have been well in the picture. As for the mile stone, it's not hard to determine that there was once a gap of somewhat ten years (Top of my head) between the crashes, hence the 100000 flight safety hours would have been achieved then.

I don't know about elsewhere but each and every time an F-16 crashed in Pakistan, GD/LM/PW dispatched a team to look into the cause, hence they would have been well in the picture. As for the mile stone, it's not hard to determine that there was once a gap of somewhat ten years (Top of my head) between the crashes, hence the 100000 flight safety hours would have been achieved then.

What about the period between 1990s-2001. Pak was under embargo, which was made stricter after may 98. Was LM still monitoring the aircrafts?

What about the period between 1990s-2001. Pak was under embargo, which was made stricter after may 98. Was LM still monitoring the aircrafts?
I don't think monitoring is the right term, they were more inclined to determine the cause of a crash and as far as i can recall a team was dispatched on every occasion.

I don't think monitoring is the right term, they were more inclined to determine the cause of a crash and as far as i can recall a team was dispatched on every occasion.

I couldn't think of a proper word at that time!

Any way, so this means that PAF F-16s completed roughly 3000 hr during 10 years. So what is the complete life span of PAF F-16s? The IAF mig 21 are supposed to have a life of just ~3500 hrs (without overhaul/upgrades), so this figure for F-16s look pretty big!

my dear friend when u are comparing j-17 ....... u should compare with lca tejas not with mig 29 or 30 ..... pakistan flys only western planes which is of high quality so they have some advantage in that area .................. :cheers:

Bro.. Soviet and Russian weapons, fighters... posses high build quality and they are practical and highly reliable... West are good in look and painting.. so it feels like good quality.. Russian(post Soviet resource) metallurgy is highly advanced and has a strong base (Thrust vectoring nozzle bearings....West is fully blank in this area). JSF which is a naval version still has some problems with the vertical take-off and landing thing out there, so the US engineers had to call on the Russian engineers from Yakovlev to help them fix this problem. Dont take the "service year" all the time the age of aircraft also depends on its "flight hours". In the case of HAL... Wrong Upgrading and Maintenance methods are resulted in crash..... All the problems are fixed... And more crash also means more test and sorties in different aspects... :sniper:

Last edited:
my dear friend when u are comparing j-17 ....... u should compare with lca tejas not with mig 29 or 30 ..... pakistan flys only western planes which is of high quality so they have some advantage in that area .................. :cheers:

Bro.. Soviet and Russian weapons, fighters... posses high build quality and they are practical and highly reliable... West are good in look and painting.. so it feels like good quality.. Russian(post Soviet resource) metallurgy is highly advanced and has a strong base (Thrust vectoring nozzle bearings....West is fully blank in this area). JSF which is a naval version still has some problems with the vertical take-off and landing thing out there, so the US engineers had to call on the Russian engineers from Yakovlev to help them fix this problem. Dont take the "service year" all the time the age of aircraft also depends on its "flight hours". In the case of HAL... Wrong Upgrading and Maintenance methods are resulted in crash..... All the problems are fixed... And more crash also means more test and sorties in different aspects...

Back
Top Bottom