What's new

IAF "whats cooking"

India doesnt consider pakistan worth to be a threat, and yet there military exercises are focused on pakistan and what pakistan is getting.:disagree:

India doesnt consider pakistan worth to be a threat, and yet there military exercises are focused on pakistan and what pakistan is getting.:disagree:

From where did u get that feeling?

Exactly my thoughts! :cheers:

Bull said:
From where did u get that feeling?
Thats what I've been told by majority of Indian posters here and other fora that Pakistan has been degraded from arch rival/major threat to potential threat to no threat at all and China's the only concern these days. :)

India does consider pakistan a threat and any indian member who said otherwise is missing a few bolts in his head.

However, india does not consider pakistan as much of a threat as china, and as such, our defence procurements are more china-centric than pak-centric

However, india does not consider pakistan as much of a threat as china, and as such, our defence procurements are more china-centric than pak-centric

Exactly! India does not consider pakistan as much of a threat and your defence procurements are more china centric then pakistan, and when a military exercise is done, its quite the opposite. What is it Hypocrasy. Why dont you people just admit that pakistan is still consider a major threat, and your defence procurements are pakistan centric, China is way out of your league.

Exactly! India does not consider pakistan as much of a threat and your defence procurements are more china centric then pakistan, and when a military exercise is done, its quite the opposite. What is it Hypocrasy. Why dont you people just admit that pakistan is still consider a major threat, and your defence procurements are pakistan centric, China is way out of your league.

You forget one thing, the whole of himalayas lie between india and china. Which means october to jan-feb, is zero threat from china. You see the means 4-5 months of a year, china cant do **** to us(india is in a position not to attack against china, but to defend). and everybody will agree here that there is more chance of us fighting pakistan in future than china.

For example, tanks have near zero use against china. Tanks for india are pakistan specific, no other viewpoint. Aircraft have to be definite advantage over Pakistan and good enough against china. Different weapon platforms have different considerations. When Pakistan army is against indian army, should some exercises against Pakistan be considered wrong? It is good that the Indian armed forces do not underestimate the Pakistan's army, as is done by many of us(indians) here. Oh! well, whats the hypocracy in that! You have seen us posters blabbering about many things like that, but did the govt of india say anything much? like indian armed forces are against pakistan as such? Indian armed forces are for defending india's interests, if the threat is more from pakistan, obviously they will practise for fighting against them.

now u r just showing your anti-india attitude. i never said pak is not a major threat. i just said china is more of a threat. pakistan is a major threat and thats why the exercise is being held.

china is not 'out of our league'. they r much higher than us in the same league. india's advantage lies in the access to western tech that china is denied. china's asvantage is in numbers and better indegenous tech.

now u r just showing your anti-india attitude. i never said pak is not a major threat. i just said china is more of a threat. pakistan is a major threat and thats why the exercise is being held.

china is not 'out of our league'. they r much higher than us in the same league. india's advantage lies in the access to western tech that china is denied. china's asvantage is in numbers and better indegenous tech.

No no you misunderstood me! I'm not showing my anti- india attitude here. You said in your post no 7 that india does not consider pakistan a much threat and now in this post you have mentioned that pakistan is a major threat, so i am a little confused as why the sudden change?

No no you misunderstood me! I'm not showing my anti- india attitude here. You said in your post no 7 that india does not consider pakistan a much threat and now in this post you have mentioned that pakistan is a major threat, so i am a little confused as why the sudden change?

Basically icecold, reread the entire conversation. No one of us in this thread have said that Pakistan is not a threat. We said china is the bigger threat, both different considerations.

It was only you and neo who talked like that.

You forget one thing, the whole of himalayas lie between india and china. Which means october to jan-feb, is zero threat from china. You see the means 4-5 months of a year, china cant do **** to us(india is in a position not to attack against china, but to defend). and everybody will agree here that there is more chance of us fighting pakistan in future than china.

For example, tanks have near zero use against china. Tanks for india are pakistan specific, no other viewpoint. Aircraft have to be definite advantage over Pakistan and good enough against china. Different weapon platforms have different considerations. When Pakistan army is against indian army, should some exercises against Pakistan be considered wrong? It is good that the Indian armed forces do not underestimate the Pakistan's army, as is done by many of us(indians) here. Oh! well, whats the hypocracy in that! You have seen us posters blabbering about many things like that, but did the govt of india say anything much? like indian armed forces are against pakistan as such? Indian armed forces are for defending india's interests, if the threat is more from pakistan, obviously they will practise for fighting against them.

bhangra you have a much realistic approach, i have been reading your post for quite some time now. The point is India sees pakistan a threat, ok fine, in your exercises india trains her arm forces against pakistan. Fine too. The problem arrises when i often hear indians saying a strong properous pakistan is infavour of india. This line, i never actually got to understand the meaninig of it according to indian terms. What do they mean by a properous pakistan. Well from the above standpoint india takes and considers pakistan a threat major or not major that is another issue but a threat even though the bhai chara crap is also going on these days,confidence building measures are being taken also, defence procuments are also based on pakistan centric, so a country which is considered a threat, why to see it properous, why not to see it destabilize, destroyed? Or by meaning a strong pakistan we should take the oppoiste of it let me phrase it this way" a destroyed, destabilize and economy ripped pakistan is in favour of india"
I might go out of topic here since its about IAF's exercise, but i do wana hear your comments on it because to me it is not more then just a hypocrasy as they have or atleast we dont see india having any intension about solving the disputes, and we have heard often on different indian forums regarding a military conflict with pakistan. Your views please

i never said pak was not a makor threat! i said china was more of a threat. that does not mean pak is not a major threat.

Basically icecold, reread the entire conversation. No one of us in this thread have said that Pakistan is not a threat. We said china is the bigger threat, both different considerations.

It was only you and neo who talked like that.

We were not mentioning about this thread, we were discussing it generally and on different occasions and other forums it has been said so by indians.

Back
Top Bottom