What's new

IAF ‘war game’ near Pak border

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
slamabad—The Indian Air Force (IAF) to launch air war game using massive air power including Sukhois, Su-30MKI, Jaguar, Mirage-2000, MiG-29, MiG-27 and MiG-21 for two days from February 24 in Pokhran near Pakistan’s Sindh border.

During the high-profile Indian war game ‘Vayu Shakti’ massive bombing, aerial dogfight and day-night air drop of commandos in Thar desert in Rajasthan have been planned.

According to reports more than 70 most advanced aircraft and helicopters would participate in the two day air exercise aimed at strengthening the air power.

The latest Su-30MKI, Jaguar, Mirage-2000, MiG-29, MiG-27 and MiG-21 have already been stationed at several air bases north of Vindhyas.

Mi-35 attack helicopters, Mi-17 medium lift helicopters, IL-76 heavy lift and AN-32 medium lift transport plane have also been deployed for the air exercise in Rajisthan air bases.

Defence observers say that air war game is designed to sent a message to world powers that Indian Air Force has the military capabilities to defend our geo-strategic interests. But observers say that the move was planned in the light of India’s desire to be included as a major player that can play a role in Afghanistan but the latest geo-strategic move by the United States has changed the scenario and shattered India’s dream. Defence observers are also watching the Indian Air Force move with vigilance and seen the war game at a time when foreign secretaries from the two sides are expected to meet.

slamabad—The Indian Air Force (IAF) to launch air war game using massive air power including Sukhois, Su-30MKI, Jaguar, Mirage-2000, MiG-29, MiG-27 and MiG-21 for two days from February 24 in Pokhran near Pakistan’s Sindh border.

During the high-profile Indian war game ‘Vayu Shakti’ massive bombing, aerial dogfight and day-night air drop of commandos in Thar desert in Rajasthan have been planned.

According to reports more than 70 most advanced aircraft and helicopters would participate in the two day air exercise aimed at strengthening the air power.

The latest Su-30MKI, Jaguar, Mirage-2000, MiG-29, MiG-27 and MiG-21 have already been stationed at several air bases north of Vindhyas.

Mi-35 attack helicopters, Mi-17 medium lift helicopters, IL-76 heavy lift and AN-32 medium lift transport plane have also been deployed for the air exercise in Rajisthan air bases.

Defence observers say that air war game is designed to sent a message to world powers that Indian Air Force has the military capabilities to defend our geo-strategic interests. But observers say that the move was planned in the light of India’s desire to be included as a major player that can play a role in Afghanistan but the latest geo-strategic move by the United States has changed the scenario and shattered India’s dream. Defence observers are also watching the Indian Air Force move with vigilance and seen the war game at a time when foreign secretaries from the two sides are expected to meet.

annual exercise nothing about any other:cheers:

i think last week or so PAF conducted a exercise i think??:what:

IAF Grounds MIG-27 | Indian Airforce | Accidents | Checks | Engine Faults | Turbine Blades - Oneindia News

But observers say that the move was planned in the light of India’s desire to be included as a major player that can play a role in Afghanistan but the latest geo-strategic move by the United States has changed the scenario and shattered India’s dream.

:coffee: that sums it! india can do all the exercises it wishes! can put ALL ITS SHAKTI and still get nowhere!!

besides if i am not mistaken all my fellow indians on this forum said CHINA is our enemy then why the exercises in rajhistan???? why not in asaam or ladak??

indians should finally admit it that even though we are smaller in size but are INDIA's BIGGEST THREAT in indian perspective!

IAF Grounds MIG-27 | Indian Airforce | Accidents | Checks | Engine Faults | Turbine Blades - Oneindia News

But observers say that the move was planned in the light of India’s desire to be included as a major player that can play a role in Afghanistan but the latest geo-strategic move by the United States has changed the scenario and shattered India’s dream.

:coffee: that sums it! india can do all the exercises it wishes! can put ALL ITS SHAKTI and still get nowhere!!

besides if i am not mistaken all my fellow indians on this forum said CHINA is our enemy then why the exercises in rajhistan???? why not in asaam or ladak??

indians should finally admit it that even though we are smaller in size but are INDIA's BIGGEST THREAT in indian perspective!

There is a diff between an immediate and a potential threat.

Aerial tactics, logistics & weapon delivery generally remain the same in both cases.

Just an excercise.

Wats this rubbish about India being being Shattered. ????/

Afghanistan SWAT etc is a HELL HOLE lets the USA UK and Pak Army fight there.

ITS A NITEMARE for all 3 nations costing them serious money

India needs to stay out out of that money pit

AzadPakistan2009 : Can we test out chinese S300 wepons , oh bashira-..put those S300 close to Karachi ...

Bashira : Yes Shir, should I also put the italian SPADA there too

AzadPakistan2009: Oh sure , might as well , just so we can track the indian planes and run our own test on "stuff" wink

You are totally uninformed my friend.
Just because IAF performs exercise in Rajasthan, doesn't make someting out of it.

For the first time ever, the Indian Air Force will showcase its prowess and capability of precision strikes during day, dusk and night at the fire power demonstration (FPD) at the Pokhran ranges in Rajasthan on February 28.

To be witnessed by the President Pratibha Patil, the demonstration codenamed ‘Vayu Shakti – 2010’, will be a collective display of skills and accuracy in weapons delivery by pilots at the end of their training year. It also aids commanders and planners to gain better insight into the potential and development capabilities of aerial weapons.

While the display that includes participation of 100 aircraft comes close on the heels of scheduled talks of Foreign Secretaries of India and Pakistan this week, the IAF Chief P.V. Naik said there is no link between the two event as the Air Force planned this demonstration much ahead of the talks.

“Do not link [or attribute] any motives. Our demonstration is intended to tell the people of our country, the capability of the IAF, its skills and strategic reach to protect the skies and national interest,’’ the Air Chief said in response to a question whether Vayu Shakti was intended for Pakistan. The IAF is fast-emerging as a strategic aerospace power, he added.

The FPD will demonstrate the day and night employability of air power by frontline fighter aircrafts of the IAF including the Sukhoi-30 MKI, Mirage-2000, Jaguar, Mig-21 and Mig-29. The transport aircrafts include the AN-32, Embraer and Il-76 while Mi-17 IV and Mi-35 attack helicopters will constitute the rotary wing ingredients.

For the fist time AWACS will be used to monitor the mammoth exercise while an unmanned aerial vehicle will stream live video images of the target destruction. In addition to 70 aircraft participating, there will be 30 standby aircraft in air and an equal number on ground.

For the FPD, mock radar sites, tanks, marshalling yards, terrorist camps, runway, BMP infantry fighting vehicles, blast pens and convoys are among a few of the targets that pilots will seek to destroy. Para-drop and troop insertion of Garud, the IAF’s special forces to neutralise a terrorist camp will also be on display.

The exercise will also display jointness of the tri-services with the Army’s Special Forces and Navy’s Marine Commandos taking part. The Air Chief said the IAF is holding the APD after six years. The IAF is awaiting clearance from the government to extend an invitation to the Defence Attaches of various countries including Pakistan.

The Hindu : News / National : IAF to hold first ever day-night fire power demo

I thought MiG27's were grounded?

that sums it! india can do all the exercises it wishes! can put ALL ITS SHAKTI and still get nowhere!!

:victory:
Who Says They're Grounded!? IAF Floggers Revving For Vayu Shakti 2010

Get

c32fae3fd3b4163afbfd797e28ee30a8.jpg

Arm

4c8f1f800dda9d0de78426227fe0cce3.jpg

Final Check

c29daa7d6e993dd884639256e197c1fd.jpg

Set

1ba3bfa76c7ca703109f5c08919ae0c8.jpg

Go Go Go...

76d12bbc287643a6709c483684697d8f.jpg