What's new

IAF unattractive for indian pilots

Mig21 effects sir. Mig21 is nightmare hehe. Our Pilots would love to die defending in war but why they wanna die without a war. Mig21 scary mania hehe.

Over 100 pilots have applied for VRS: IAF chiefGANDHINAGAR: Over 100 pilots of the Indian Air Force (IAF) have applied for voluntary retirement scheme (VRS), Air Chief Marshal P V Naik said here on Wednesday

We have very steep pyramid structure (in the Air Force) where there are less avenues of promotions," Naik said in reply to a question on how many pilots of the Air Force have applied for VRS.

"When one does not get promotions after 24-25 years of service one wants to leave and try alternative avenues. Off hand I can tell that we have over 100 applications for VRS from pilots," Naik said.

"Since there is a slump in the market outside, there are less applications. Once the slump is over the applications might increase," he added.

Naik said that the Air Force have setup independent board of officers to assess the VRS application of the pilots.

"The committee scrutinises the applications on case-to-case basis and if the reasons for VRS are justified, which mostly are on compassionate ground for children and parents, the applications are approved," Naik said.

Naik was on a two-day visit to the South Western Air Command (SWAC) in Gandhinagar to review the Commands' operational, maintenance and administrative preparedness.

Why change the title of the article.....to suit your taste buds.......

Did you read the content of the article before posting....it simply states that India AF pilots have excellent opportiunities outside AF.....and whats wrong if someone wants to care for his afamily after he has served his country for 7 to 10 yrs.......

these kind of things happen in growing countries........and that too when 65% of the population is below 35 years....

it is a young and dynamic country...nowadays even rookies in IAF are trained on SU30MKI's.......:)

Emo, you just don't get it -Flying the SU 30 is one thing and fighting Chinese Air Force and the PAF with it, quite another. :woot:

No buddy these things are a natural fall out of a rapidly growing economy. They are not quiting to nurse babies but join the civil aviation sector where the avg pay is ard INR 300000/pm. Don't worry in case of a emergency they will be all back in a short notice as a stand by.

Have you read the link? :what: The article talks about IA (Indian Airlines) and AI (Air India). Both of them are merged anyways. They are commercial airlines. Here we are talking about IAF. :hitwall::hitwall:
Regarding the pilot's salary in Indian airlines:

Aviation India: Careers: IA staff salaries match rivals

The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Editorial

Hope this would help you. Thanks.

You made yourself look lazy by not reading the post to which i replied.
He was talking about the aviation sector not state owned or private airlines.
Read before you post.

Read before you post.

So you mean to say that people are laving high salary IAF to join low salary private airlines (as per article).

By the way, I read his comments. I have also posted the link which supports him. This 8000/- per month salary is complete lie. Currently AI pilots are on strike and this kind of statements are for media purposes. Thanks.

Last edited:
Read before you post.

Actually, that amount of Rs8,000 per month is some perk, flight pay or something, I dont remember.
Air India and Indian Airlines pilots are some of the best paid pilots anywhere.
Just think about it man; my dad in Pune(which is not even in the big 5 cities in India) is paying Rs6,500 per month for his driver. Do you seriously think that Pilots will fly for Rs.8,000 per month? Seriously?
:disagree:

lol i was just about to post the very same thing!

RANK Gross Monthly Emoluments
Flight Lieutenant Rs 41, 358 /-
Squadron Leader Rs 48, 324/-
Wing Commander Rs 66, 612/-
Group Captain Rs 71, 722/-
Air Commodore Rs 75, 081/-

Note:- Monthly Flying Pay admissible to different ranks are as follows :-

RANK Flying Pay
Flying Officer Rs 9,000 /-
Flight Lieutenant Rs 11,000 /-
Squadron Leader Rs 14,000/-
Wing Commander Rs 14,000/-
Group Captain Rs 14,000/-
Air Commodore & above Rs 10,500/-

Similarly, Technical Allowance for Tier-I course is Rs 2000/- Per Month

now 41k is a pretty handsome check to get your hands on at the end of every month. mid level managers get paid less than that in private sector!now if pilots expect pays at par the commercial pilots then i'd have to say.......they shouldnt have joined the services.:frown:

It is due to lack of patriotism :cry: nothing else. People can give thousands of reasons but it is the real one.

It is due to lack of patriotism :cry: nothing else. People can give thousands of reasons but it is the real one.

When you are responsible for operating such expensive machines that are notorious for taking lives every now and then, I think you deserve a little more than mere Rs. 40k.

Patriotism doesn't come out of an empty stomach.

When you are responsible for operating such expensive machines that are notorious for taking lives every now and then, I think you deserve a little more than mere Rs. 40k.

Patriotism doesn't come out of an empty stomach.

Do you want to say that a person cannot fulfill his basic needs (empty stomach) in Rs 40,000. Bushy, I really don't agree with your point.

Do you know, how Indian freedom fighters faced the Britishers? they were not getting fixed salary for being a part of Indian revolution. It was patriotism.

7f4f5b4c24c1c2789843df97739bf91f._.jpg

Anyway you have Indian and US flag in your profile. I have one question, in case of a conflict (between US and India) which country would you support? :argh:

From your answer on patriotism, I guess US cos they will provide you more money :taz:

Back
Top Bottom