What's new

IAF training is subpar

Should all Indians pilots and maintenance crews be fired in favor of Russian and French contractors

• Yes enough children in india are orphaned

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Absolutely

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

Khan vilatey

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
after careful deliberation of facts I have come to the conclusion that Indians against Flying (IAF) pilot and maintenance training is extremely sub par. The recent loss of the inferior flying skill of their wing commander flying a mig-21, the showboating crash of the Mi-17 flying the Indian defence staff are all testament to inferior training.

a simple way to rectify this is for indian pilots to simply stop flying! They could hire French and Russian pilots on contract to conduct flying and maintenance of the aircrafts saving all involved a lot of heart ache and needless need to lose innocent lives on the ground!

They should also retire all mig-21, jaguars and tejas and have
  • more Rafael’s ,
  • mirage 2000 possibly being replaced by checkmate
  • half of the strength of the su-30s these are too big for their own good!
  • and keep mig -29s in service as a stop gap for
  • With more fuel tankers
  • C-17s
  • Possibly more awacs
By removing Indian trained pilots a major cost of training will go away some pilots for token force could be trained in France and Russia. This will save tons of money and heartache for all involved.

k

Here is a video of Indian trained Indian air chief goofing up a landing of the mig -21

Here is the blind Indian pilot flying the CDS Gen. Bpin NAP of the earth (100 feet above terrain) in bad weather mountainous terrain where there was no need to show off. They could have easily flown at 7000 feet ASL to the landing pad.

A comparison PAF landing on highways

k

Here is a video of Indian trained Indian air chief goofing up a landing of the mig -21

Here is the blind Indian pilot flying the CDS Gen. Bpin NAP of the earth (100 feet above terrain) in bad weather mountainous terrain where there was no need to show off. They could have easily flown at 7000 feet ASL to the landing pad.

A comparison PAF landing on highways

k
It seems like IAF Chief forgot to deploy his braking chute. I think he was reminded by the ATC to do so.

Last edited:
Jokes aside, they are a professional outfit and must be looked upon as a serious threat. Anyone who thinks otherwise is more likely to be unpleasantly surprised. Better tactics, training is not a given. It cannot fall prey to complacency. In my mind the wars of 1965 and 1971 should be stark reminders for all Pakistanis. The other side prepared for the second round. Hope this is not lost on Pakistanis (in the military first of all and then others).

Absolutely I do not believe we should take them lightly. On Feb 26 2019 they conducted multiple operations and successfully crossed Pakistani border. This showed imagination. PAF intelligence failed to see this type of movement being prepared for because there was limited training conducted. This showed that at the operational level IAF was successful but failed at the strategic and tactical level of war. Proving that their training sucks !!!

k

What is your opinion guys on the following Yak-130 and K-8 takeoffs and landings in Chittagong (CGP)...

takeoff were just fine
landing of f-7 was a bit hot . k-8 was shaking on both landing and takeoff seems this side of runway have some cracks in concrete . pilots did good . only f-7 need to hold his horse :D
This was another more serious incident where during formation take off by Two IAF MiG-27s, the No2 , a Wing Commander couldn't maintain his line and left the runway picking up FOD causing the aircraft to catch fire.

video is low quality did they ejected ?

I don’t believe the training is subpar(compared to what?)
They do however face greater pressure and “brain drain” towards the civilian sector(25x more than Pakistan) due to the high demand and lucrative nature of the industry.
In addition, they are facing increased meddling in affairs from a political standpoint but that is on the higher ups. Otherwise the IAF possesses both excellent platforms and syllabi for their pilots. The spate of crashes cannot be attributed to poor training and involve everything from maintenance issues to internal procedural mistakes but training isn’t some major hurdle.

Absolutely I do not believe we should take them lightly. On Feb 26 2019 they conducted multiple operations and successfully crossed Pakistani border. This showed imagination. PAF intelligence failed to see this type of movement being prepared for because there was limited training conducted. This showed that at the operational level IAF was successful but failed at the strategic and tactical level of war. Proving that their training sucks !!!

k
Agree with the overall gist but tactically I maintain that PAF has no way (and neither does the IAF even with the induction of S-400) to completely lock down their respective airspaces to ingress from the other side. The air corridor is too wide and the ground based and over the horizon radar coverage is not uniform (again the same applies to them).

As such the deterrence is not in having your air space air tight because you cannot. It is in responding back in kind +1.

AVM Shahzad Chaudhry also spoke about this at length some time ago.

I don’t believe the training is subpar(compared to what?)
They do however face greater pressure and “brain drain” towards the civilian sector(25x more than Pakistan) due to the high demand and lucrative nature of the industry.
In addition, they are facing increased meddling in affairs from a political standpoint but that is on the higher ups. Otherwise the IAF possesses both excellent platforms and syllabi for their pilots. The spate of crashes cannot be attributed to poor training and involve everything from maintenance issues to internal procedural mistakes but training isn’t some major hurdle.
I read some where lonnnggg back that IAF trainee pilots are being asked for long term service commitments. They can't quit in between.

About 20 years sgo, there are many news reports of pilots resigning and joining civilian airlines. There are no such reports for many years.

A) Modi govt is among the military friendly ones. I can not imagine political interference in operational matters.
B) as I see it - the problem with IAF are numbers + procurement (where are 126+ rafale?) + old platforms like MIGs.

Back
Top Bottom