What's new

IAF trainer jet crashes in West Bengal, pilots safe

Delnavaz B

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Kolkata: A trainer aircraft of the Indian Air Force has crashed near the Kalaikunda Air Base in West Bengal on Thursday.
The Hawk trainer jet crashed just after take-off from the air base.
Luckily both the pilots on board the aircraft ejected safely before the aircraft hit the ground.

The Air Force has ordered a Court of Inquiry, reports said.

More details are awaited.

First Published: Thursday, August 4, 2016 - 13:40
http://zeenews.india.com/news/west-...ashes-in-west-bengal-pilots-safe_1915036.html

@django @Zibago @Windjammer @DESERT FIGHTER @PaklovesTurkiye

Kolkata: A trainer aircraft of the Indian Air Force has crashed near the Kalaikunda Air Base in West Bengal on Thursday.
The Hawk trainer jet crashed just after take-off from the air base.
Luckily both the pilots on board the aircraft ejected safely before the aircraft hit the ground.

The Air Force has ordered a Court of Inquiry, reports said.

More details are awaited.

First Published: Thursday, August 4, 2016 - 13:40
http://zeenews.india.com/news/west-...ashes-in-west-bengal-pilots-safe_1915036.html

@django @Zibago @Windjammer @DESERT FIGHTER @PaklovesTurkiye

Hope he is not injured

Well Hawk is no doubt one of the most advanced jet trainer around these days, due to it's reliability, it's also the mount of RAF's Red Arrows display team, however I'm dismayed that this was the third Hawk crash in the IAF since it was inducted in 2008.

Well Hawk is no doubt one of the most advanced jet trainer around these days, due to it's reliability, it's also the mount of RAF's Red Arrows display team, however I'm dismayed that this was the third Hawk crash in the IAF since it was inducted in 2008.
what you think training or bad maintenance behind the crash. As per my observation both causes behind the crashes India should seek western training and maintaining staff.

@Windjammer
Actually in the same time period RAF Hawks saw, three major accidents(2 writeoffs & 1 substantially damaged) thus the same number as IAF( 2 writeoffs & 1 substantially damaged)
Both damaged aircraft were beyond repair even though there have been reports that IAF managed to repairit's damaged Hawk in 5 months.
Additionaly RAF saw 2 pilot fatalities due to Hawk accidents including 1 due to an additional ground level accident whereas there were no fatalities in IAF.

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/dblist.php?AcType=HAWK&page=2

Last edited:
what you think training or bad maintenance behind the crash. As per my observation both causes behind the crashes India should seek western training and maintaining staff.

Air force jets will crash as they used to push to the limits unless you are running a flying club.

The rate of crashes is quite low in case of Hawks in IAF, even it was extensively used for training.

Before making an assumption, the crash rate per flying hour should be considered, and should note that IAF extensively trained its pilots.

Before making an assumption, the crash rate per flying hour should be considered, and should note that IAF extensively trained its pilots.
And talking about IAF's capability to turn every plane into flying coffin :lol:

And talking about IAF's capability to turn every plane into flying coffin :lol:

Or you can chest thump on the training and the 65 glory.

Remember Whether with Mig-21 or MKI, whether with .303 or with Insas, the armed forces of India, will do its task given and that is what matter most.

Think of a airforce, who is sweating on the training, for their moments, when they could give what a country asked, when the moment arises, and a airforce, which is bound to cut short the training exercise, due to lack of training aircraft, fuel, spares.

Baki Lage Raho Mamoo

True but you can be sure in RAF, the Hawk trainers are pushed to their limits and I'm sure you witness how the Red Arrows fly their aircraft around the globe and put it through it's paces.

@PARIKRAMA could you merge this thread with this one

https://defence.pk/threads/breaking-news-hawk-jet-trainer-crashed.442649/

Number of HAL-built Hawks to crash = 3 (One of them was just an aborted take off, not really a "crash". One, a bird strike. And this one, details unknown as of now.)

Number of NON-HAL built Hawks to crash = 106.

http://www.ejection-history.org.uk/Aircraft_by_Type/HAWK/HAWK.htm

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/breaking-news-hawk-jet-trainer-crashed.442649/page-2#ixzz4GMyZ3I7Q

True but you can be sure in RAF, the Hawk trainers are pushed to their limits and I'm sure you witness how the Red Arrows fly their aircraft around the globe and put it through it's paces.
:o::o:
and what makes you think that IAF didn't push hawk trainers to its limit in training and in Surya Kiran flying display??

Indian Surya Kiran flying display team too use hawks.
:o::o:
and what makes you think that IAF didn't push hawk trainers to its limit in training and in Surya Kiran flying display??
There's a difference guys, Red Arrows often do a flypast over Buckingham Palace, would you witness even a single Hawk over Rajpath.

_83612471_819ebea9-8f96-4d67-b2d1-517f02d4864b.jpg

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom