What's new

IAF to induct ‘Tejas’ squadron in June with 4 aircrafts

I really wonder what is the use of wasting another 7 years for MK2. I said the same in another thread too. Stealth MK2 could be used for our future AC, iaf

1. F-16 when designed as YF-16 was meant for dogfighting and with guns only. But progressive development makes F-16 Block 60 what is today.

2. Jaguar was originally designed as trainer and LIFT.

3. There is nothing called Stealth and just used as a marketing tool. LO or VLO for the Radar but in some range of frequency, but what is inside the Airframe of the Plane, what makes it 5th Gen combat plane or Not and not with conical shaping Nose Airframe, with two tails and painted Black.

4. There are many technologies, which could be tested on the MK-2 for the AMCA, which will benifit the whole IAF.E,g FBW can be developed with Optical Fibre, Existing 486 HAL/Edgewood Mission Computer with Modular MDPU artitecture avionics design, needed for the Sensor Fusions, Work with Pvt companies and encourage them to inovate LRU's and subsystem with compatative quality and price by giving them certification, testing facilities, and offcourse Order.

5. No stealth MK-2, only LCA and leave all B.S nomeclature of MK-1a, MK-1P, MK-1Z or MK-2 to IAF.

6. Only Three Words "YES, LET's DO IT !!!"

Easier said than done! Let me tell you something. Its not the product that decides the doctrine but the doctrine that does. A stealth Tejas would fit into the same roles as that of Mk1 and you cannot spend too much on something that's meant for just point defense. In simpler terms a Tiger or a Lion cannot replace the job of a Horse or an Elephant no matter how powerful the former is.

Tejas as is fills the requirement of the forces. Its better to work on enhancements rather redesigning it.
Tejas Mk2 with Better engines , more payload capacity , more hard points ,internal EW suite , more use of composites will be equivalent to Mirage2k,F16 being flown by IAF / PAF

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom