What's new

IAF : Shrinking fleet , shrinking responsibility too ?

CONNAN

Reaction score
Country
India
IAF : Shrinking fleet , shrinking responsibility too ?

BY EDITOR AT 12 JULY, 2010, 1:49 PM

BY :IDRW NEWS NETWORK

Recently Indian Army has proposed Ministry of defence and defence minister to allow Indian Army to start and operate a Fixed Wing aircraft division for them , that will include operating Indo-Russian MTA or An-32 class fixed wing aircrafts for transport purpose and to move Armies equipments across the country , while this seems to have not gone well with the air force and has per sources have objected to such proposal of Army , IAF is keen to maintain its fleet of fixed wing aircraft and have told to Army that its their job to assist them when ever need arises .

Indian Army is still seems to pursuing their request and have for first time is planing to induct HAL developed LCH Attack helicopters ,army has only operated transport helicopter fleet and usage of attack helicopter is complete shift from their strategy , IAF is shown has the Prime user for LCH attack helicopter but HAL sources have already told media that Army accusation will be double that of IAF .

Navy is not left far behind with Acquisition of three aircraft carriers in next one decade , Navies own fleet of aircrafts is going to jump to more then 200 aircrafts , Indian navy has already planned to maintain 150 fighter jets for Land and carrier operations and will also be taking over its harbor and port security against enemy air attack from air force soon ,Navy is also keen to acquire DRDO developed AWACS into its force in near future and is also planning to acquire other surveillance aircrafts , Navy already operates UAV fleet of its own and its highly unlikely that Naval Versions of Pak-Fa/ AMCA / CUAV will be kept our of Navies reach in future .

Its better for the army and navy to have their own airwing.It reduces the additional burden on airforce and allows them to concentrate on their primary job of maintaining a powerful airstrike capability

Its better for the army and navy to have their own airwing.It reduces the additional burden on airforce and allows them to concentrate on their primary job of maintaining a powerful airstrike capability

It also helps the army and navy to react faster to threats instead of waiting for air-support from the IAF.

I dont know why IAF is objecting IA to have a fixed wing devision??..
They have their own budget, let them have it..

I don't understand if army goes for its own attack helicopter what role will IAF attack helis play?? :undecided:

I don't understand if army goes for its own attack helicopter what role will IAF attack helis play?? :undecided:

Both need some helis so they can effectively counter threats without having to rely on the other. This helps them to respond and act faster.

I don't really understand the logic but aren't we supposed to integrate our armed forces in to one potential integrated combat force than dividing in to three wings. I feel such things decrease interoperability or will it really matter ?

I would love to see A 10's in the Army.

But i think each force having so many aircrafts and could lead to friendly kills.So having an Intergrated Air Command with officers from the three forces would be a good idea.

BTW the Army has to find a solution of giving better career oppurtunity to the officers in Army Aviation.

I would love to see A 10's in the Army.

But i think each force having so many aircrafts and could lead to friendly kills.So having an Intergrated Air Command with officers from the three forces would be a good idea.

BTW the Army has to find a solution of giving better career oppurtunity to the officers in Army Aviation.

That mate i would also love to see :agree:..but i dont see the logic behind army and navy having seperate airwing..it is kinda overkill..if both the forces having its own dedicated airwing then what is the use of airforce??next what CRPF asking for seperate airwing?? :what:

who say IAF responsibilities are shrinking ???

yes...IAF's workload will shrink,but on the other hand it will be more effective..

for Ex-US navy & marine have their own fighters,is that mean their airforce has shrank or less effective ?? No,it became more potent & effective as it can concentrate with it's full resources without fear of sharing with other forces at crucial times.

and what is it's relevance here,please just dont troll or otherwise remember that the indian keyboard warriors outrun the pakistani one by 4:1

some time quantity overruns quality;)

Boy, you are too young (here) to get into debate with someone like me.

I was in uniform once you were in liquid form. (Old Military Saying)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom