What's new

IAF’s trainer aircraft woes

my question is why IJT is so important for us???

I mean there r many airforces around the world who don't have IJT concept including the US so why can we use Hawks for IJT as well as AJT purpose atleast untill HAL fix up Sitara???:what:

Well My friend Drop tanks are the tanks $*&&(*)((_)(((*W(I_)(_)(W_)(_)W
Drop_tank_001.jpg
are very hazardous can Cause Instant death . Now afraid of this,very afraid of it :P

Are you talking abt iraqi style method?
_

my question is why IJT is so important for us???

I mean there r many airforces around the world who don't have IJT concept including the US so why can we use Hawks for IJT as well as AJT purpose atleast untill HAL fix up Sitara???:what:

Exactly. We are the one using 3 types of trainers. Others use 2 trainers and lift platform,then fighter aircraft.
_

I do not understand why we plan a replacement with a first time product. I will not like to do that, if we are making something new, it should reach a certain amount of maturity before we promise to Induct. A better way of doing things is if you need to replace 100 aircraft, order 50 from outside and keep 50 on standby if the DRDO could meet fine, else at-least we have 50 aircraft functional.

You serious!!! :blink: ?

Come on man! Considering the pathetic delay our sarkari clowns make all the time, you should be the last one to say that.

I am sick of this now. This article is a little late to the party and seems like a pathetic attempt to jump on the bandwagon. PC-7s will be inducted starting 2013, HAWKS are already in service in ever larger numbers and simulators are being procured in good numbers. The combination of the basic and advanced trainers coupled with good training and more simulator time will easily overcome any shortfalls felt by the delay in the IJT.As it stands this is probably the best situation the IAF could be in-a shortfall in stage 1 or 3 training would affect the IAF's overall health much more. The utility of an IJT/stage 2 training is questionable if we're honest. There is not a huge difference between the HJT-36 and HAWK 132, only really mission systems.

The situation is (or will be in a few months) the best it has been for a LONG time and will only get better from here on.

Sensationalist journalism at its best.

Last edited by a moderator:
If IAF was in so much hurry, why did they ask for a different not under production engine when the prototypes were already under test.

The first and second prototypes of the HJT-36, labelled PT-1 and PT-2, flew on 7 March 2003 and in March 2004, respectively. The program was then delayed with the Air Force assessing the SNECMA Turbomeca Larzac engine, with 14.1 kN of thrust, as under-powered. In response, in August 2005, HAL reached a deal to replace the SNECMA engine with the NPO Saturn AL-55I with 16.9 kN of thrust. The deal also provided for license-production of the engine in India by HAL.[2]
Further delays were caused by delays in delivery of the NPO Saturn engine by 2 years, as well as due to two accidents in February 2007 and in February 2009 involving each of the prototypes, which grounded the aircraft for repairs and investigations.

I mean seriously who in right mind will change the engine when two prototypes are already built and flying.

I don't understand why we're buying Hawks as ajt when M346 Master, yak-130 and T-50 Golden Eagle are more advanced as even Chinese Hongdu L-15 is better than Hawk ajt.

I don't understand why we're buying Hawks as ajt when M346 Master, yak-130 and T-50 Golden Eagle are more advanced as even Chinese Hongdu L-15 is better than Hawk ajt.

Where did you learn that?

Back
Top Bottom