What's new

IAF practices a long range Special Forces deployment to Andamans

praveen007

Reaction score
Country
India
the official PRO
Defence account of the practice mission. It must be noted that this mission did not actually carry
any Special Forces soldiers... it was more a test of mobilisation, preparation, navigation and tactical flight procedures. It is
noteworthy that the 12-hour flight required no en-route refuelling!

Broadsword: IAF practices a long range Special Forces deployment to Andamans

On Monday, 12 December 2011, IAF simulated a piracy contingency at Campbell Bay in Nicobar Islands (the furthermost Island territory of India) based on an intelligence input that an Indian merchant ship had been hijacked with hostages. The mission simulated launching of a Para Special Forces team into the objective area using C-130J as airborne platform.
Planning revealed that the objective was about
3500 Nautical Miles away. The route was via Kolkata and Port Blair to the simulated Drop Zone over Campbell Bay in Great Nicobar Islands. The
round trip would require a staggering 12 hours of flying time.
The ground crew prepared the aircraft in the early hours of the Monday morning while the air crew finished pre flight briefing procedures. After the
walk around at 0430 hours, the four mighty
engines roared to life. The aircraft took off at 0500 hrs and the crew commenced the 3500 Nautical Miles trip. Despite encountering inclement weather over the Bay of Bengal, the crew flew C-130J to Campbell Bay in Great Nicobar Islands and achieved the planned objective. The aircraft returned to Air Force Station Hindon after a non-stop mission of 12 hours 03 minutes without refueling enroute. The simulated launch of long range special operation mission was successfully accomplished.

Looks like C-130j has started proving itself.
Get the another 6 of them quickly..

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

Looks like C-130j has started proving itself.
Get the another 6 of them quickly..

^I LOLed
biglaugh.gif

At least we pay for what we import we wont beg...!!!:rofl::shout:

at least get your grammar right. try again son

A little help from Wren and Martin ..? :lol:

Export to, import from....got a dictionary at home?

Assuming you meant import commandoes, we have never needed to. Our commandoes have always sent your terrorists to their 72. Think of a better way to troll. Let me see...mumbai attacks, poverty, toilets...you have so many options to choose from to troll.

You will get more thanks if you try a little harder at trolling, learn the meanings of words etc.

Oh and by the way you even spelt your id wrong - chauvinist, not chauvunist.

Even trolling requires some talent.:rofl:

are yaar!!tum lok ruk jao...bechare ko english teacher ne bhi itna nehi data...:lol:

The troll did a hit & run and everybody are speaking about it other then the topic and yeah when i say everybody it includes me as well :woot:

Wow, the C-130J really has hit the ground running in the IAF and is proving itself very quickly. I truly wouldn't be surprised if IAF went for additional order over 12 SOAR ones for utility roles and the such. The C-130 was the first large ac on the ground after Sikkim earthquake earlier this year, offloading tonnes of supplies and NDRF teams.

yeah good for you...At least u wont have to Export COMMANDOS From Israel or South Africa then
Are you guys doing that also ? I mean i know about NATO nations but Israel and SA also ?

A little help from Wren and Martin ..? :lol:

Do they use "Wren and Martin" in Madrassas?

Now about the C-130s; more such "dry-runs" are in the offing to airfields up north and the north-east. Every airfield or ALG in those regions will be checked out and SOPs devised.

About Andamans and Nicobar, its the first tri-services command so the level of co-ordination is fantastic. Actually that Command has served as an incubation ground for many doctrines. Apart from that, ANC has all the merits of remoteness and varied topography among other things, as mentioned by Abingdonboy. Since I've seen the islands, can vouch for that. :)

Back
Top Bottom