What's new

IAF plans to hit targets in 24 hours

China supplied 250 F-7s, when India last threatened this sort of war in 2002. That's a lot of F-7s.

That is the kind of help Pak needs, China doesn't need to put boots on the ground.

Asim it was 50 F-7 PGs that were shipped to Pakistan within a week.

Asim - don't you see what they are doing? It helps for them to keep the Indo-Pak pot boiling.

China's interest in Pakistan and its territory is purely military-oriented.

China achives no advantage in the progress and development of Pakistani society and its economic and social foundation.

China spending billions of its own dollars in developing Gwadar is solely aimed at securing its own oil routes passing through the region

Similar is the objective behind China constructing the Karakoram highway for Pakistan

China is a leading country in the field of I.T - a magor source of revenue for any progressive nation, yet no significant joint venture has been undertaken between them to jump-start Pakistan's own I.T sector, which is languisihng with negligible revenue generation. It is India which has started helping Pakistan's industry reach its true potential.

Any Chinese gesture or co-operation with Pakistan is solely within China's policy of its own national security and development

Any Chinese gesture or co-operation with Pakistan is solely within China's policy of its own national security and development

isnt that true for any country !!!

indian just bark they only know how to do that... please take a cool chil pill dont worry about indian bullshitting us

isnt that true for any country !!!
It would turn the thread into a different irection, but ample facts could be furnished to show, how inspite of China's advances in various non-military in the global platform, it has made no attempt to impart its expertise to the corresponding Pakistani industry

A small illustration
If you are willing to consider the fact the the Indian Institue of Technology is a body of Institutes of repute with its alumni are heading some of the largest conglomerates in the world, then I would like to point out something to you
The following institutes have been set up with foreign assistance
I.I.T Bombay - U.S.S.R
I.I.T Madras - Germany
I.I.T Kanpur - U.S.A

I could also state to you the assistance recived by India in setting up the intial Indian Institutes of Management in the 60s-70s from other world-renowned B-schools, but I hope the ones mentioned would suffice

Can Pakistan claim to have recieved similar assistance from China to set up its own Educational institutes on International repute - China has a large number of them. I rest my case

P.S:
I do know with the large number of Indian links I have provided in this post, it will be deleated. But as long as it is visible, some food for thought

China has helped Pakistan set up many research and educational institutes. Let me compile a list for you. A vast majority of Chinese aid to Pakistan has been to the civilian sector and public sector. While I get the point you are trying to make, I think you are off the mark in terms of Chinese investments in Pakistan.

A Pakistani would not be worth his salt if he did not realize the help that Chinese have provided to Pakistan all along. As a country, they have gone above and beyond what one can expect from a friend. In times when only interests are permanent, Pakistan-China relationship is an exception (perhaps similar to US-Israel relations in many ways).

While some may expect China to come and help Pakistan fight a war, well that is not the way of the Chinese and it would be silly on the part of us Pakistanis to expect that. We have always fought alone, future is no different (and I say this not really wanting another war).

Last edited:
Asim - don't you see what they are doing? It helps for them to keep the Indo-Pak pot boiling... The same with the US. The Major Non-Nato Ally can buy F-16s and the other err.. large market can buy F-18s (with AESA of course)

The losers?

India and Pakistan.

True those shiny planes do look cool in a fly-by though!!
This is not help in keeping the pot boiling. This is help in preventing India to throw the boiling water upon us!

We're a DEFENSIVE force. So in your twisted logic you agree that if India attacks Pakistan we should just let it? If our leaders ever did so I would consider that nothing short of treachery and I think pretty much all of Pakistan would.

^^
@blain2
I do not doubt
for a second that there has been Sino-Pak co-operation in non-milatry fields. It indeed has taken place and I too am aware of that

The point I am trying to make is the genuinety of China's gesture and its impact on Pakistani society per se. How much of it is simple public appeasement by the Chinese governament towards Pakistani

A truthful desire by China would have resulted in at least one such Pakistani Institute or [non-military] industry achieving prominence in the International arena in a manner comparable with India's I.I.Ts and I.I.Ms as also our I.T. industries

^^
@blain2
I do not doubt
for a second that there has been Sino-Pak co-operation in non-milatry fields. It indeed has taken place and I too am aware of that

The point I am trying to make is the genuinety of China's gesture and its impact on Pakistani society per se. How much of it is simple public appeasement by the Chinese governament towards Pakistani

A truthful desire by China would have resulted in at least one such Pakistani Institute or [non-military] industry achieving prominence in the International arena in a manner comparable with India's I.I.Ts and I.I.Ms as also our I.T. industries

Slugger,

The responsibility lays with the recipient to use the help in a productive manner. You had people with vision who laid down the foundations of IITs and the associated B schools. Our Pakistani leadership lacked the vision. Chinese educated their entire population and we could not learn this lesson from them...well I think the fault lies with Pakistan and not with the Chinese. What was stopping the GoP from asking the Chinese to provide a grant for a world class University? Nothing but lack of vision and foresight. Pity on us.

Slugger,

The responsibility lays with the recipient to use the help in a productive manner. You had people with vision who laid down the foundations of IITs and the associated B schools. Our Pakistani leadership lacked the vision. Chinese educated their entire population and we could not learn this lesson from them...well I think the fault lies with Pakistan and not with the Chinese. What was stopping the GoP from asking the Chinese to provide a grant for a world class University? Nothing but lack of vision and foresight. Pity on us.

your response was pessimistic and IMHO...wrong :(

Slugger,

I agree with you. It is the recipient who should use the help productively and donor is not responsible for that.

I agree with you. It is the recipient who should use the help productively and donor is not responsible for that.
I would disagree with you on this matter.

If the donor's aid is an exercise in symbolism [a large scale symbolism, if I may say] and not true empowerment and upliftment of the reciever, then inspite of the best efforts of the reciever, it will not translate into any real gains for the reciever.

If aid and co-operation had been provided in the right spirit to Pakistan by China, then it would definetiely have resulted in much better outcome for Pakistan.

There is no reason to believe that with the right impetus by China why Pakistan could not have achieved the level of progress it was capable of.

we dont need alot of power to fight India just give me some stick and nunchucks i will take thier whole army.

we dont need alot of power to fight India just give me some stick and nunchucks i will take thier whole army.
I think we'd have to ask the Japanese for their assistance then. :lol:
Anyways, 24 hours have passed? Yet again another report that was meant to scare people or increase tensions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom