What's new

IAF Pilot Killed, NCC Cadet Injured After Trainer Aircraft Crashes

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
IAF Pilot Killed, NCC Cadet Injured After Trainer Aircraft Crashes in Patiala's Cantonment Area
The two-seater aircraft crashed soon after it took off from the Patiala Aviation Club airport.
PTI

Updated:February 24, 2020, 5:34 PM IST
Pocket.svg

The trainer aircraft crashed soon after taking off from the Patiala Aviation Club airport on Monday. (Twitter/ANI)

Patiala: An Indian Air Force (IAF) pilot was killed and an NCC cadet was injured after a trainer aircraft crashed in Patiala’s Army cantonment area on Monday.

The aircraft, a Slovenian Pipistrel Virus SW 80, crashed soon after it took off from the Patiala Aviation Club airport, killing Wing Commander GS Cheema, an official spokesperson said.

“Wing Commander Cheema was on deputation at an NCC unit here. In the crash of the two-seater aircraft, an NCC cadet by the name Vipin Kumar Yadav of Mohindra College of Patiala has sustained injuries,” the official added.

An inquiry has been ordered by the IAF to ascertain the cause of the accident, the spokesperson said.

Was it a civilian training aircraft?

Wanted to confirm by Picture actually. I am sure its him, after checking with couple of more online sources.

Its amusing but Sikh often use muslim/urdu names as well. Iqbal, Sar-Buland, Phool, Gulab among the names I came across

Its amusing but Sikh often use muslim/urdu names as well. Iqbal, Sar-Buland, Phool, Gulab among the names I came across
Cheema is actually a sikh/punjabi caste as they later converted

Wing commander flying this shit, I smell mischief here

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 3,726

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom