What's new

IAF Mig 29 crashes, pilot safe!

In Canada, if you are tired of your old car and want a brand new one, just ditch the clunker and claim insurance.

May be the pilot just wanted a Rafale.

That's what we call insurance fraud and is a criminal offense, or has the rule of law suddenly been relaxed in Canada?

So 5 crashes in 6 month.

I think the safety level has improved somewhat. If I'm not mistaken, the number of crashes for both Pakistan and India used to be significantly higher not so long ago.

Don't know about Pakistan but I know the IAF recorded its safest ever year in 2012-13 recording an accident rate of 0.22- comparable to any modern AF in the world. The record is defiantly getting better year on year and things will only improve in the future with the phasing out of the Migs and bringing in of the most advanced flying machines in the world.

Don't know about Pakistan but I know the IAF recorded its safest ever year in 2012-13 recording an accident rate of 0.22- comparable to any modern AF in the world. The record is defiantly getting better year on year and things will only improve in the future with the phasing out of the Migs and bringing in of the most advanced flying machines in the world.

yeah, hopefully it will get better for both air forces as new aircraft would be inducted.

any aircraft after 20+ years of service becomes prone to unusual failures. In civil aviation (in Canada) mechanics have to file report every month or so about the unusual maintenance problems they encountered during routine inspection, e.g cracks on main spars, landing gears, etc
no matter how well one keeps their aircraft, age would start showing its effects on the air frame.
most our F-16s are also 25+ years old, i hope PAF is going an another step further to make sure they're safe to fly.

Back
Top Bottom