What's new

IAF Chief Raha press conference Updates

CQYgeUiUcAAzHy_.jpg

Yeah right! Russia allows India to manufacture SU-30MKI from raw material level including engines. Which other country gives this option?

Great. This was long due.

and what is IAF's counter?

Won't take what's available but continues to push this pipe dream called RAFALE. Yeah! IAF says there is no alternative to RAFALE. IAF has been blinded by this lust called RAFALE. Yes, RAFALE is the silver bullet for all the woes of IAF.

Why couldn't you think of MK2 before Navy's requirements for Tejas. Did you feel humbled by Navy's thinking?

This is great news for India.

Learn from past mistakes and plan ahead instead of having utopian dreams for the next 15 years.

Here goes again. RAFALE RAFALE RAFALE ..... seems like IAF's thinking starts and ends with RAFALE.

Had the MOD did not force the procurements of MIG-29 and SU-30MKI and left to IAF wishes, today IAF would have ended up with only Mirage 2000s

IAF should be very happy that FGFA is finally dead. Now these funds could be diverted to their pet project RAFALE. Who cares if RAFALE would be procured with zero TOT. India could always mortgage itself 15 years down the line for RAFALEs MLU like it did for Mirage 2000s.

caveats, conditions, complains ... Never ending opposition to indigenization continues.

Unlike LCA, based on the information obtained from MMRCA evaluation, I hope IAF could at least frame their requirements correctly this time.

Thank you MOD for forcing this on IAF.

I, and others, have been reiterating this point for a while but, alas, that is neither here nor there. Confirmation (officially) at last....

36 planes and that is it. All will be manufactured in France. No TOT as India is only getting 36 planes.

No, you read it wrong. 15 years of planning and then starts the development.

The truth is that you most likely will be right. I'm overestimating India. In 1983, I would had been accused of trolling by Indians for saying that India would have LCA prototype in first flight in 1998 as LCA should be inducted by 1998.

IAF wants over 100 Rafale or similar jets

Quote:
New Delhi, Oct 3

Indian Air Force today said it would need at least six squadrons comprising 108 Rafale or similar jets to shore up its capabilities as it hoped that the contract for 36 French fighter aircraft would be inked by year-end.

Noting that two squadron of 18 Rafale jets each might not be enough, Air Force chief Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha said his force would like to have at least six squadrons of the medium multi-role combat aircraft (MMRCA).

He hinted that even though the Rafale is the front- runner, India may go in for another aircraft with similar capabilities "if the deal is good".

"Definitely, we would like to have MMRCA variety of aircraft.

At least about six squadrons to my mind.

Let us see, there may be some other alternatives as well," Raha said addressing a press conference ahead of the Air Force Day on October 8. He was replying to questions about the possibility of India Air Force wanting more than the 36 Rafales under a government to government deal announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his trip to France in April.

Asked if the additional four squadrons of aircraft will be Rafales or if there is a possibility of other players getting into play, Raha said, "I may wish to have Rafale.

But there are equally good aircraft.

So if the deal is good and the government decides we need to have six of similar squadron.." "There are alternatives.

I cannot say I only want Rafale.

I want capability of Rafale type aircraft.

So the government will have a look at it and based on urgency and the type of contract is signed with Dassault Aviation, further decisions may be taken by the government.

I cannot predict," he said.

Admitting that the IAF is currently "short" in terms of authorised strength of 42 squadrons, Raha said more aircraft are needed to replace many more squadrons in coming years.

"The need is there.

As Air Force, we will like to have more of these (MMRCA) but it will have to be viable in terms of cost, in terms transfer of technology and in terms of Make in India policy that the government is trying to implement.

"So if those terms and conditions are good, then I am sure we will be able to get more.

But as of now we are looking at 36," he said.

With the government cancelling the multi-billion tender for 126 MMRCA, there is renewed hope in the aviation industry that India may go in for fresh bids to fill up the gaps.

From Swedish firm Saab to US' Lockheed Martin and the France's Dassault Aviation, most of the global aircraft manufactures have offered their jets in line with the government's push for 'Make in India'

15 years plan for AMCA. So India will have a prototype in fifteen years... Congrats to India.

Use your brain before trying to spread that shitty logic.
Mig 29 ,Jaguar ,Mirage will began to replace by another fighter after 15 years .Means AMCA .

From Swedish firm Saab to US' Lockheed Martin and the France's Dassault Aviation, most of the global aircraft manufactures have offered their jets in line with the government's push for 'Make in India'.

Am hoping so... but i want AMCA with engine manufactured in India. .. even with foreign collaboration. ..

Use your brain before trying to spread that shitty logic.
Mig 29 ,Jaguar ,Mirage will began to replace by another fighter after 15 years .Means AMCA .

In 15 years, India would shock the world if a prototype can be build. Base on the LCA history, it would be an upgrade.

From Swedish firm Saab to US' Lockheed Martin and the France's Dassault Aviation, most of the global aircraft manufactures have offered their jets in line with the government's push for 'Make in India'.

The military always want something now. Today. This is not an India issue, but a global issue. However, India uniquely has the problem of severe corruption in defense procurements.

Am hoping so... but i want AMCA with engine manufactured in India. .. even with foreign collaboration. ..

The Engineering Technology & Manufacturing Development (ETMD) phase was started in January 2014 when work on AMCA had again commenced after HAL Tejas attained IOC, and it was Announced that the AMCA will be developed by 2018.

Engine development on K 9 and K 10 started in August 2012 by Gas Turbine Research Establishment (GTRE). A tender of joint venture on development of the engine was issued to Engine manufacturers in 2015 for a foreign partner to help in developing the engine by combining both Kaveri engine technology with the joint-venture partners engine to create a 110-125 KTN thrust engine.

France made an unsolicited Call to help in Development of AMCA's engine with full access to the Snecma M88 engine and other key technology, while United States has offered full collaboration in the engine development with full access to the F-414 and F-135.

Indian Defence Market Report 2015-2025 - KYTX CBS19.tv - News, Weather, & Sports | Tyler-Longview
Indian Defence Market Report 2015-2025

The Indian defence expenditure budget reached $40bn in 2015. We predict strong growth through to 2025. Force modernisation, investment from international contracts and increasing demand for new technology across all defence services will increase sales to 2025.

The military always want something now. Today. This is not an India issue, but a global issue. However, India uniquely has the problem of severe corruption in defense procurements.

Indian state owned and private companies do have enough technology in military equipment but the policy which has been adopted by India is based on defence agreements

Lockheed May Offer India Stealth F-35s to Rejoin Sales Race - Bloomberg Business
June 21, 2011

June 21 (Bloomberg) -- Lockheed Martin Corp. may offer its latest warplane, the F-35 stealth fighter, to India in a bid to rejoin the Asian country’s $11 billion combat-jet competition after its older F-16 model was eliminated.

The Senate committee request for a Pentagon study on selling F-35s to India was part of a broader amendment on U.S.- India military ties offered by Senators John Cornyn, Republican of Texas, where the fighter is produced, and Joseph Lieberman, independent of Connecticut, home to United Technologies Corp., which makes the plane’s engines.

The lawmakers also asked the Pentagon to study the possibility of a U.S.-India partnership for development of a replacement for the U.S. Air Force’s T-38 trainer jet. The planes, built by Northrop Grumman Corp.’s predecessor, have been in use since the 1960s.

In 15 years, India would shock the world if a prototype can be build. Base on the LCA history, it would be an upgrade.

Based on Luca's history some members in here says Robyn Lawley is fat and Ugly .Is that right?:sarcastic:
You can see several squadrons of AMCA after 15 year if your age allows you .

TheF414-INS6 was selected by India’s Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) topower the MKII version of the
Tejas Light Combat Aircraft.

Based on Luca's history some members in here says Robyn Lawley is fat and Ugly .Is that right?:sarcastic:
You can see several squadrons of AMCA after 15 year if your age allows you .

In the year 1983, you would say the same thing about several squadron of LCA. I would say that India would have only tested the prototype. We would be both wrong as India would not have the first flight of LCA several years later. India need to act first before bragging.

In the year 1983, you would say the same thing about several squadron of LCA. I would say that India would have only tested the prototype. We would be both wrong as India would not have the first flight of LCA several years later. India need to act first before bragging.

India doesnt need to brag about anything.

Back
Top Bottom