What's new

IAF chief nervous over biggest defence deal

With every passing day and ballooning costs, the choice of Rafale to beef up our squadron strength seems to have been a poor one. We should have gone for gripens, or bought F-18SHs off the shelf with no ToT, but assembling only. Both those would have come a lot faster and cheaper. Not to mention the huge savings in cost with American munitions instead of French ones.

Deal will be signed before March 31st 2013, can't say specifically when but of this I'm sure.

The most compelling part is that the IAF ACM is saying there are simply NO CONTINGENCES in place as such this deal is critical for the future of the IAF and everyone involved will understand this.

Modi ji will sign the deal
Dr MMS more than likely. A parting gift to the nation.

With every passing day and ballooning costs, the choice of Rafale to beef up our squadron strength seems to have been a poor one. We should have gone for gripens, or bought F-18SHs off the shelf with no ToT, but assembling only. Both those would have come a lot faster and cheaper. Not to mention the huge savings in cost with American munitions instead of French ones.

What ballooning costs? Of the Rafale program? If you're talking about exchange rates then compare the EUR-INR ER to the USD-INR ER. The former has been very stable for a long time now.

Rafael is nothing compared to American avionics.....stop kidding yourself......you want the best, fuk with US

Are you saying this because he is Christian? Why are you hindu guys so anti Christian?

Most probability the deal will signed after the elections. A. K. Antony is one waste of a Man. I wonder if he has any ability to take any decisions.

I am sure it will be a direct buy like PC-7 and we are seeing some additional PC-21s or 7s coming to IAF soon. Also there is no chance of any local production for MMRCAs...

most likely will be signed a month or two before the general elections.

$20 billion deal,with huge amount of TOT and other areas to cover..what do you expect??does he want another scam so that 10 years of hard work go to drain???

Sorry I don't agree here ... Yes tot is in huge number but look at the time frame of this whole deal they are scared of corruption so not singing deal :hitwall: Saint Anthony is hopeless

Buy 3 squadrons of Mig 35 as stop gap measure.

Push LCA MK 2 hard to start induction in 2017.

Assemble some more Jaguar.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom