What's new

IAF chief: MiG crashes due to pilots’ inexperience

The problem with mig 21 is - this is a plane which has the highest take off speed and also the highest landing speed. Landing speed is more than 300 miles/HR if i remember correctly. Without appropriate middle stage training with trainers such as Hawks, etc ..rookies just are not equipped enough to handle these landings..
Mig is a great aircraft, but it takes lot of training and mastery to handle these a/c's . The approach of coming low on speeds during landing will not work with a/c like Mig. And finally this is a 4 decade old machine , nothing beats this as a reason for crashes ..

That is really fast for a landing speed!!

An article dating back from the late 80s, when the IAF crashes became alarming, highlighting some of the issues surrounding the Indian MIGs.

scan0001-22.jpg

scan0002-20.jpg

So What..US lost even a high flying B 52 in Vietnam war and close to 5000 Hueys to NVA & Vietcong, Russians lost many aircrafts and helicopters to Afghans armed with stingers ? Airpower is not the only arm of a war machine and in the end of the day its the war that matters not individual battles and the reality is that you lost every war with us and for your kind information its more than 45 years since MM Alam's time and a lot of water has flowed under the bridge since then.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

My words exactly.
your airforce is still incompetent they crashed more then 500 aircraft in 20 years according to IAF cheif Browne.dont let the children fly these toys as they are dangerous for health

And why you are putting a inexperience pilot in a flying coffin and put his life in danger . IAF chief should be fired for making the pilot life at risk .

incompetent Airforce thats why all the airforce of india was destroyed by pakistani bombers in 1965.and in 1962 india failed to shoot down a single chinese fighter

4o years old story will not work brother keep upgrading your air force instead of mocking Indian beast they are striving to catch you in quality .

your airforce is still incompetent they crashed more then 500 aircraft in 20 years according to IAF cheif Browne.dont let the children fly these toys as they are dangerous for health

Thats for us to resolve. Just keep your radars 'switched on'.

this answer makes me remember 1 good song. I think these dirty politician force these reasons to hide their deeds........ :(

Last edited by a moderator:
i guess there isnot much scope for corruption in maintainance so it is ignored :frown:

Indian airforce IAF MIG 21 Documentary

Last edited by a moderator:
MiG 21 is a "ROCKETSHIP" so the pilots concentration must be on flying the aircraft. It's controls are sluggish in low altitudes and landing and take off speed is very high. It is not easy to fly a MiG 21.

MiG 21 is a "ROCKETSHIP" so the pilots concentration must be on flying the aircraft. It's controls are sluggish in low altitudes and landing and take off speed is very high. It is not easy to fly a MiG 21.

That's all very well, but the fact is the same goes for all other MIG operators. !!
Why have the Jaguars (Twin Engine) also faired poorly as well. !!

of course , how right you are . weren't you the guy who held the candle while the maintenance was done on the fighter?:agree:

since my comment wasnt liked here..i changed my statement...and do some maths ;)

Useless planes+useless pilots = useless airforce.
IAF = UAF ......useless airforce

I can't believe ACM Browne is sucking upto MOD and CONgress so badly!:angry: Inexperience? Most of the pilots died were medium-timeframe experienced! What does he have to say for this? This guy is starting to remind me of that UPA stooge General Kapoor.

I miss Naik big time..:(

Back
Top Bottom