What's new

I worked on the US drone program. The public should know what really goes on

Okay , so you say let pakistan handle the drones right?

Here is a forthright honest question for you-

Why will pakistan kill the very ones they fund to go after the US in afghanistan? This is not my claim, this is an established fact and complaint from the US side that the ISI protects terrorists who attack afghanistan.

so why would we give Pakistan ten of millions of dollars of equipment to effectively protect the terrorists we want to kill? unless you think our tax payer dollars should go kill the TTP ONLY i.e. you kill the ones that attack you, rest that kill us are a-okay

Well, Pakistan will not go after all of Haqqanis men(if that is the name you are so hesitant to use). It does want some players it knows in post USA Afghanistan. However, at this time.. the TTP have gone from being just after Pakistan to taking on the US as well.. while the Haqqanis have simply said that they have no interest in the US post them getting out of Afghanistan. Which do you think will worry the Americans?

@Oscar

Yanks are worried, we might seed tech to the Chinese.

@FaujHistorian

Military ops alone can't be successful. Are you really that dumb to understand why the most powerful military machine in the history of the world lost 3 wars one after the other in a COIN environment?

Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan.

I think so many Pakistanis are utterly confused about two things which are different as night vs. day.

1. Fighting a war to save your own country
2. Fighting a war in a distant land in order to extend your sphere of influence.

In #2, the force has a choice to stay in or leave depending on the loss tolerance.

in #1, their is no forking choice. Either you clean an area and claim it as yours or simply relinquish it to the anti-national forces.

So my dear dear dear dea Aero Bhai Let us all see

If you consider Swat and Wazirastan as territory of your own country aka Pakistan..

or

if you consider Swat and Wazirastan as territory of some country other than Pakistan..

Let's see where you stand on this.

Let's see!

@faujihistorian,

Better choice is to let SSG commandos to operate and annhilate them once and for all,as they are well-trained and equipped specifically to counter these outfits,as compare to drone strikes.I ask you my bro: 'Is drone policy is effective enough in refraining Talibarbarians to kill our personnels and commandos?'
We are still loosing them like that of past-Infact we are also loosing our trust and faith of our civilians.Our attitude is questionable or objectionable for them.We are also,by applying drone policy preffering to kill our 'possible traces of info' rather than arresting them and extracting such 'possible information' via investigating them.
Most prominent fact is that we are providing them a suitable environement and Resources such as 'man power' of our own,as massive killing of civilians are not only strengthening their position by helping them winning support of those civilians who lost their loved ones via drone strike,plus also our disgusting so called JUI mullas are strenghtening their backbone by 'declaring them' as shaheeds.
These drone strikes are giving birth to more TTP monsters.Prime example of Fazullah Khabeesi as you say,who claimed to join TTP to avenge his relative.

Last edited:
Well, Pakistan will not go after all of Haqqanis men(if that is the name you are so hesitant to use). It does want some players it knows in post USA Afghanistan. However, at this time.. the TTP have gone from being just after Pakistan to taking on the US as well.. while the Haqqanis have simply said that they have no interest in the US post them getting out of Afghanistan. Which do you think will worry the Americans?

Hmm, so you are saying that let the Haquuins kill americans for now and for the longest BUT give it a pass. because they wont do it once we leave... so the lives of all those americans who died and will die till every american is gone is okay.

Can we have the same logic applied to your civilians and terrorists? let us keep forget the drones, just carpet bomb the S--t out of it. don't worry we won't kill anymore once we are gone...

@faujihistorian,
Better choice is to let SSG commandos to operate and annhilate them once and for all,as they are trained,well-equipped specifically for these outfits,as compare to drone strikes.I ask you my bro: 'Is drone policy is effective enough in refraining Talibarbarians to kill our personnels and commandos?'
We are still loosing them like that of past-Infact we are also loosing our trust and faith of our civilians.Our attitude is questionable or objectionable for them.We are also,by applying drone policy preffering to kill our 'possible traces of info' rather than arresting them and extracting such 'possible information' via investigating them.
Most prominent fact is that we are providing them a suitable environement and Resources such as 'man power' of our own,as massive killing of civilians are not only strengthening their position by helping them winning support of those civilians who lost their loved ones via drone strike,plus also our disgusting so called JUI mullas are strenghtening their backbone by 'declaring them' as shaheeds.
These drone strikes are giving birth to more TTP monsters.Prime example of Fazullah Khabeesi as you say,who claimed to join TTP to avenge his relative.

The only reason we have drones is precisely because pakistan will not do what you have stated above. and you do realize the irony of your suggestion here right?

an all out war = 10x civilians killed and millions displaced.

@JayAtl

Yanks always do what they want. "They've clocks and we have the time''.

is that you answer to " what is your solution" ... one liner about " yanks". come on yaar

and you have time for what? for 10 years now you have bombings in your cities almost weekly. what has time done for you to improve that situation?

give me your solution better than drones in the areas that are out of your control...bro

Last edited:
@faujihistorian,
Better choice is to let SSG commandos to operate and annhilate them once and for all,as they are trained,well-equipped specifically for these outfits,as compare to drone strikes.I ask you my bro: 'Is drone policy is effective enough in refraining Talibarbarians to kill our personnels and commandos?'

We are on the same page.

I have already suggested that sooner or later, boots on the ground are necessary.

Drone war will end the day we have covered the area with our own troops and cleaned it up.

Peace

@pak-marine

Teach yourself some humility, concern for your countrymen, soverignity and the difference between the ordinary folk and the pigs of TTP.

In COIN, if we lose the people, we lose the war...

@FaujHistorian

For that, you'd have to bomb Afghanistan's certain areas for the next 10 years and surgical ground incursions....can we afford that?

What about bringing the Afghani Islamofascists into a democratic setup in Kabul?

Their fate won't be different from that of JI and that of the Swinehead Munawar Hassan?

@pak-marine

Teach yourself some humility, concern for your countrymen, soverignity and the difference between the ordinary folk and the pigs of TTP.

@FaujHistorian

For that, you'd have to bomb Afghanistan's certain areas for the next 10 years and surgical ground incursions....can we afford that?

What about bringing the Afghani Islamofascists into a democratic setup in Kabul?

Their fate won't be different from that of JI and that of the Swinehead Munawar Hassan?

Once we secure our areas

then

perhaps we need to step in (with NATO / international support) to help stabilize Afghanistan too.

Yes. That's a given.

Pakistan cannot have long term peace if our neighbor's house is on fire.

Peace

@JayAtl

Solution is to combine elements of CIA's Special Activities Division and ISI's 'Covert Operations Wing'. Like cold war, both work together. Better target ID, better ground intel, Pakistani operators to fly and shoot and a substantial fund for civilian compensation, rehabilitation and infrastructure development. Education, jobs, health etc

Once we make people feel safe and terrorists unsafe, we win the 'narrative'. As long as both are under fire, this war is destined to fail.

@FaujHistorian

Then why are our 'allies' refusing to seal the Nangahaar border and Waziristano side in Afghanistan?

Thats the main reason why no op has taken place in NW!!

@pak-marine

since you are finding it very hard to go back and read again here is what i said ::

drones killed most wanted terrorists who butchered Pakistanis in thousands .. i will have this drone hovering over the heads of those who wanted to harm us. As for the collateral damage yes innocent deaths are bad and shouldn't happen .. we all condemn it .. but who will say to the terror rats to stop using civilians and human sheilds also why dont the victims file a law suite in international court of justice

hope its clear now and you will not give me another lecture on morality i have already shown my concerns Btw what do you have to say about the TTP rat using civilians as human shields

Former US drone operator reveals UAV mission flaws

WASHINGTON: Former operator of the US Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV), Heather Linebaugh has revealed the imperfectness of the drone targets as they are inaccurate in detecting even Improvised Explosive Device, The Guardian reported.

Horrible and eye-opening facts has been revealed by the UAV operator; said, “The feed is so pixelated, what if it’s a shovel, and not a weapon?”

Heather Linebaugh slammed the US drone attacks and claimed that it is incredibly difficult for the best analysts to identify if someone has weapons for sure.

“What the public needs to understand is that the video provided by a drone is not usually clear enough to detect someone carrying a weapon, even on a crystal-clear day with limited cloud and perfect light,” according to the reports.

Linebaugh told The Guardian, “We always wonder if we killed the right people, if we endangered the wrong people, if we destroyed an innocent civilian’s life all because of a bad image or angle.”

The UAV operator raised several questions before the personalities proclaiming the benefits of drones.

“How many women and children have you seen incinerated by a Hellfire missile?”

“How many men have you seen crawl across a field, trying to make it to the nearest compound for help while bleeding out from severed legs?”

“How many soldiers have you seen die on the side of a road in Afghanistan because our ever-so-accurate UAVs [unmanned aerial vehicles] were unable to detect an IED [improvised explosive device] that awaited their convoy?”, she questioned.

Linebaugh served in the United Stated Air Force from 2009 until March 2012. She worked in intelligence as an imagery analyst and geo-spatial analyst for the drone program during the occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan.

Source: Heather Linebaugh: Former US drone operator reveals flaws of UAV targets and attacks | The News Tribe

@JayAtl

Yanks always do what they want. "They've clocks and we have the time''.

If you allow me for a sec and use your line of thinking.

Romans always do what they want. "They've clocks and we have the time'', said the anglosexons
Americans always do what they want. "They've clocks and we have the time'', said native Indians in Americas
British always do what they want. "They've clocks and we have the time'', said the aborigines of Australia

So now please tell me if you want to spend your life as displaced person in your own land like the native Indians, or aborigines.

Time is never yours or someone elses.

Time is just time.

And powerful nations and people use time to extend their sphere of influence.

And

pathetic and poor in their brains nations live under subjugation and occupation of poverty, disease, sectarianism, and bad religious mumbo jumbo.

So the choice is yours

But

time is NOT yours.

Best regards

don't take serious she is just another lady which have long time night duty. keep bombing to FATA dear USA

Former US drone operator reveals UAV mission flaws

]

Just curious as to why did you post the OP that adds no new info.

Just curious.

Perhaps I missed something.

don't take serious she is just another lady which have long time night duty. keep bombing to FATA dear USA
Agreed

But USA is not bombing FATA

Just North Wazirastan with occasion pin prick in South W.

Peace

Back
Top Bottom